This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live - Q&A with Steve Hunter - 9/6/11 10:45-Noon Pacific

Hey Steve and Karen. I didn't have a question at the moment, but I wanted to thank you both for spending time with us today. It's really great to have you here!
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Congratulations on an illustrious career, Steve. I grew up on Billion Dollar Babies and Welcome To My Nightmare, so many thanks for the inspiration! From your previous answer re Australia, I take it you weren't on the Australian leg of the 'Nightmare' tour, is that correct?

Cheers.......................................... wahwah
      Highway Star
      Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
      Mistreated
      Cause We Ended As Lovers
      Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
      Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
        Hey Steve and Karen. I didn't have a question at the moment, but I wanted to thank you both for spending time with us today. It's really great to have you here!
        Your welcome Evan!

Comment

Originally posted by SickthingsUK View Post
          Hi Steve

Si (and Jenn) here in London. Was great to meet you in the States the other week.

Wanted to say the lead lines on 'I Am Made Of You' from W2MN are just steller. What a great song and the solo really makes the song. Simply amazing.

A couple of questions..
          What are you looking forward to most about working with Orianthi on next leg of the tour? Were you aware of her work before now?

Oh, and is Tommy getting any more RESPECT nowadays haha
          First of all thank you for the comments regarding the solo in I Am Made of You. I'm very happy with how it came out.

I was only aware of Orianthi through the Michael Jacson thing so I didn't really know much about her. Of course, I did some searching and found lots of vids etc. She seems like quite an amazing player. As far as what I might be looking forward to it's a bit hard to tell really. As with any other guitar player, I won't know that until we actually play together. But I am always interested in girl guitar players....not for the obvious reasons....but because they instinctively see the guitar differently than guys. And I always like that.
          And yes...Tommy is now getting much more well deserved respect!

Comment

Originally posted by wahwah View Post
            Congratulations on an illustrious career, Steve. I grew up on Billion Dollar Babies and Welcome To My Nightmare, so many thanks for the inspiration! From your previous answer re Australia, I take it you weren't on the Australian leg of the 'Nightmare' tour, is that correct?

Cheers.......................................... wahwah
            Thank you for the great comment. In a strange way I think I grew up on those albums too.

You are correct, I did not do the Australia Welcome tour and to be honest I don't remember why other than I must have been doing something else. I am sorry I missed that tour though. I think they had a blast there.

Comment

Steve, can you tell us what/who were your early influences in music, and what aspects of those influences have remained with you to this day ?
              Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

BTW without my glasses on I look quite eerily like the cartoon super hero Underdog. Just thought I'd share that.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hunter View Post
                  BTW without my glasses on I look quite eerily like the cartoon super hero Underdog. Just thought I'd share that.
                  Is Karen your "Sweet Polly Purebred?"
                  Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                  Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by crusty philtrum View Post
                    Steve, can you tell us what/who were your early influences in music, and what aspects of those influences have remained with you to this day ?
                    There were a lot of influences. I started playing guitar at age 8 on lap steel. So I listened to a lot of country in those early days. But then I heard Chet Atkins and was completely floored. That's when I switched to "regular" guitar. And then suddenly, I kept getting floored by all these great guitar players....Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, and then the Blues guys like BB King, Albert King, and the great Michael Bloomfield. They were all influneces and to this day influence my playing. For me, tone was and is everything. It wasn't the notes, it was how you played them and that's still true for me today.

I listen to everything from Classical to Ambient music and love it all.

Comment

Actually I don't know if we hace decided that yet. It was just recently we discovered my uncanny likeness to Underdog.

Comment

Makes me laugh, he has been walking about the apt doing 'flying off' poses for the last two weeks!

Comment

Hey Steve

I know you are using special custom guitars on this tour to help with the low lighting etc. How have these guitars been customised to help you?

Comment

Hello Steve and welcome to the forum, thank you for taking from your time to talk with us.

I must say that it's a joy and inspiration to see a guitar player that's done and seen as many things as you and still keeps going strong!

I guess my question is that, with such a relatively diverse repertoire, where would you say you feel the most comfortable with?

Or as far as you're concerned it is all music and all equally fun?

Thank you for your time and patience!!!
                            Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                            I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                            Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                            Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by SickthingsUK View Post
                              Hey Steve

I know you are using special custom guitars on this tour to help with the low lighting etc. How have these guitars been customised to help you?
                              Actually what I do is use glow in the dark tape on the back of the neck opposite the fret markers, so I can see and feel my way around. Gretsch has built me some guitars with larger and brighter fret markers on the top of the fingerboard which help immensely as well.

Comment

Adding to the question about my eyesight, Dr. Randy McClaughland has given me some contact lenses that improve my vision just enough to help as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X