Show Off Your FENDER Amps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Off Your FENDER Amps!

Let's see some hot Fender amps. The older the better. Extremely vintage amps are heavily encouraged!

I will post some pics of mine tonight or tomorrow!
    Originally posted by Bass_Medic_05
    I dig the wood!

Re: Show Off Your FENDER Amps!

nothing vintage here... but I've got a sweet reissue. Here's from when I first pulled it out of the box

Comment

-
      My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
        Well if that doesn't make a guy hard, nothing will.
        Originally posted by Bass_Medic_05
        I dig the wood!

Comment

1973 Pro Reverb. Bought used in 1990 for 250 bucks. I usually run it into my 2x12 mesa cab. Bass is much tighter. But the mismatched pair in the amp work very well too. It likes singles coils better than HB's.

Comment

Originally posted by jcthejester13 View Post
            Well if that doesn't make a guy hard, nothing will.
            -

Comment

Nice pic Toasty.

Comment

Thanks guys! It's amazing how a little disposable cash can get things out of control in a hurry.

-The SRRI, I got a great deal on it new out of the box. Replaced my HRDv212.
                -The CVR, again just a deal I couldn't pass up. Got her new for just above cost.
                -The 5E3 was a very recent kit build. It was a fun experiment!
                -The Champ is a '73 - because everyone needs a Champ. Excellent for recording.

Could I survive with just one? Absolutely, yes. If something happened and I had to clear out all but one I think it would be a toss up between the 5E3 and the CVR. 5E3 is AWESOME sounding, but has almost no clean headroom and could be underpowered in some situations. The CVR is probably the most versatile and wins over the SRRI due to weight and portability.
                Last edited by Powdered Toast Man; 09-28-2011, 12:48 PM.
                -

Comment

Here is a mid 90's Custom vibrolux Reverb, this one is long gone but it was fun while I had it.

Here is my old standby...back in the days where I had one amp, this was it. It's the first good amp I ever owned and has been thorugh hell! I'm all about small amps these days but if I ever need to hit the back wall, this baby will do it! 1969 Twin Reverb

This is not a true Fender but it's as close as I'll ever got with this model!

This was custom built by Bruce Collins at Mission amps with a cab by will Dyke at Armadillo Amp works and a steel bar from Mr. Weber at Kendrick. This is a clone of a 1950/1951 Fender Super. 2 10's from the late Ted Weber and all NOS glass...amazing amp in every way!

Here is my baby: 61/62 Deluxe amp. Original cab was cut down into a head, currently it has this nice repro cab from JD Newell and it's loaded with a late 60's silver frame alnico Celestion that was pulled from an AC-30.

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

nice! i had will do a cab for an amp i made too. he does nice work!

Comment

there's some HAWT stuff in this thread so far.

Comment

TGWIF, my 5E3 is a Mission kit. Bruce puts together high quality stuff over there!
                        -

Comment

Super 60 Fender 2x 6L6 Rackmount All Tube Amp FS/Trade

"Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Lousy cell phone shot...camera's battery is dead. 66 Super Reverb.
                            Now operating part time: Glassman Tube Amps...repairs, rebuilds, restorations & modifications of tube equipment.

Still building: GlassMan Amplifiers (25 watt, all tube, single channel w/reverb, single 12" combo) and some more designs in the works.

Located in Fort Wayne, IN

Note: I've "parked" my website in case anyone has been looking for it. I moved locations and haven't updated the site to reflect this.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                              nice! i had will do a cab for an amp i made too. he does nice work!
                              Thanks!

It's easily one of th ebest repro cabs i've ever seen!

Will was great to work with too...he actually did all the V Front cabs for the Kendrick Do-Awl...those Kendrick cabs and my V Front cab were copied from a 1949 Fender Dual Professional that was borrowed from Billy Gibbons. My cab is just like the Kendrick cab except I went with the later era grill cloth and I had it built deeper for more punch in the lows.

What did you get from Will??

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
                              TGWIF, my 5E3 is a Mission kit. Bruce puts together high quality stuff over there!
                              Nice!

Bruce is the man!!!!

He built that V Front from scratch, the brown Deluxe was bought from lew and had been serviced by Bruce before I bought it and my old Twin was sent to Bruce as well for a full on re cap and some tricks Bruce likes to do on BF/SF Fenders...it's a killer piece for sure!!!
                              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
                              X