Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Show Off Your FENDER Amps!

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post

Here's my first fender amp, next to my strat (rip)
    Tom Delonge Strat! RIP? You destroy it? Band doesn't look that punk.
    -
    My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

I've also owned 2 bassman heads, a hot rod deluxe, and a hot rod deville
      Originally posted by gibson175
      metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

No pix, but I have a '60's CBS/Fender Princeton Reverb.
        Last edited by ItsaBass; 05-14-2012, 04:46 PM.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I promise I will post my amps tonight!
          Originally posted by Bass_Medic_05
          I dig the wood!

Comment

This is my 1970 Super Reverb [blackface electronics] and my '65 Reissue Super Reverb along with my VHT Special 6. Love these amps.
            Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
            It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
            Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret View Post

This is my 1970 Super Reverb [blackface electronics] and my '65 Reissue Super Reverb along with my VHT Special 6. Love these amps.
              Dude, that is a beautiful beautiful set up. Totally dig the sound of a semi hollow through a 65 Super!
              I dig the wood!

Comment

Dual Super Dang Tastic! Running both close to flat out would be a sort of religious experience.

Comment

I know my sound. Gibson semi-hollows and Fender amps. I'm a sucker for 10" speakers too. Gotta love it. I've only run both of them simultaneously once and it was as close to the void of God as I could probably get without my head blowing up. Wish I played places big enough to make using them possible!
                  Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                  It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                  Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
                    1966 50W Bassman . . . my idea of the best clean tone ever created.
                    Are you serious? I own a '66 Blackface bassman, but have littel to know experience with it ( while awaiting a recap) and from have just only payed it a few times before taking it out of service, I thought the forte of those Bassman amps were thier Ovedriven Crunchy sound, which was great as all getout..but I don't remeber much headroom or great cleans compared to say, a Pro Reverb or Dlx- although the Dlx is prone top break up earl;y as well like the Bassman.
                    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                      Are you serious? I own a '66 Blackface bassman, but have littel to know experience with it ( while awaiting a recap) and from have just only payed it a few times before taking it out of service, I thought the forte of those Bassman amps were thier Ovedriven Crunchy sound, which was great as all getout..but I don't remeber much headroom or great cleans compared to say, a Pro Reverb or Dlx- although the Dlx is prone top break up earl;y as well like the Bassman.
                      They get good cleans too. They actually have more headroom than both the deluxe and pro because of the 50w transformers and solid state rectifier--also gives them more low end. In fact a common Pro Reverb mod for... again more headroom and low end is to put in a bassman transformer.
                      Originally posted by gibson175
                      metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                        BF Bassmans will crunch up if you really crank 'em...

This clip shows a BF Bassman, cranked wiht a Les Paul and no pedals...

However these amps are loud as hell by the time they sound like this.

So, a lot of guys use them as a base for pedal driven dirty sounds...like this clip.

The amp that really made folks think crunch and bassman at the same time was the tweeds but the BF sound and the tweed sound are worlds apart...
                        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Here they are..

1991 59 Fender Bassman RI

Fender SuperSonic

The Gang
                          I dig the wood!

Comment

Pair of Super Champs. The main one I use came with the speaker replaced by a Celestion G10S-50. I have put late 50's RCA blackplate 6V6GT's, 12AX7 and 12AT7 in both. Rated at 18w but surprisingly loud and with great headroom, partly due to the SS rectifier. Classic blackface tone, but with a lead channel reminiscent of early Boogies. Last of the point to point Fenders.

Cheers........................................ wahwah
                            Highway Star
                            Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
                            Mistreated
                            Cause We Ended As Lovers
                            Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

Originally posted by jcthejester13 View Post
                              Here they are..

1991 59 Fender Bassman RI

Fender SuperSonic

The Gang
                              What color is that Tele? Faded white? Tinted white? Desert sand? My Esquire is Desert Sand, and I've never seen another except online.
                              Yogi Berra was correct.
                              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
                                I just have to say that I made this pic my desktop background. Anytime I see cool gear pics, I make it my wallpaper for a few weeks.
                                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                                X