banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nigel Hendroff (Hillsong) sent me a pedalboard pic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nigel Hendroff (Hillsong) sent me a pedalboard pic!

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
    The white thing on top seems offset from the purple box below. I assumed that it was a tuner on top of who-knows-what.
    The tuner is to the left of that (labeled "TUNA"). I think the purple thing is a patch bay.
    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
      Me too, but only because JC is a little more ..... intense.

Kari - great choice ... she is a sweetheart. I have spoken to her twice, but don't know her. She gave my daughter a CD once.
      Yeah, more intense, and generally more interesting, musically speaking (me thinks). Their drummer is absolutely incredible.

Wow, sounds like Kari's got more than just the looks as well, then..
      My Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by grumptruck
        Well on cheesy songs.

We play a few of their songs in the past... I just cant stand it and want to punch babies. I dread through it and put my spin on the chord charts. But then again they may have awesome songs in their discography... but the songs we have learned were very boring.

I apologize if I made ur butt hurt Mike. I didn't know my hatred for high voiced cheese music would offend you given that I've dumped all over Chris Tomlin and you had duck feathers during that situation.

<3

^ Fuzzy handled razor blade.
        i'm not hurt...i'm a big boy...literally and figuratively...lol...just a bit disappointed. the chris tomlin high voice comments are different...kind of a knock on the sound of the guy's voice...but "cheesy"...kinda digs at the core of the music/message to me. maybe i've misinterpreted that?

just out of curiousity...what's a "good" set list for a Sunday morning at your Church?
        Originally posted by jeremy
        God hates bad guitar tone
        GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
        AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
        EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
        Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

I probably prefer Jesus Culture as a whole over Hillsong myself...but i'll be a Nigel fan for life. He's the "blueprint" for me. I love Jeffrey Kunde as well, but Nigel is just...well...Nigel...ya know!?

I also dig James Duke.

Comment

Cheesy instrumentation. I don't care nor listen to lyrics. Singers are just a instument that belt out annoying and pretenious words. I like delivery: tone, melody, attack, worship of the singers I could care less if they were singing about muppets going on a killing spree.

COOKIEEEEEEEEE.

A mix of tons of stuff. Israel and New Breed, Tye Tribbett, Clint Brown, A bunch of black gospel (most of it is cheesy lyrically and changes keys to much) CHRIS FREAKING TOMLIN, our own Denominational tunes that some of the guys that do Clinics and release cds and such, Planetshakers, some others I can't think of.

Some of the newer black gospel that we've been reviewing has been really hard and challenging... I've really enjoyed that stuff.

I am in the state of life where lyrics ain't gonna soften my calloused heart. It's the atmosphere, His Presence, and the preaching that does that.
            i hear ya...and i get what you're saying...it has to be REAL. any style/song can be a "sounding brass and tinkling cymbal."

"gospel" stuff is cool too...i lean the other direction a bit more i suppose. i know Clint Brown, and do some of his stuff on occasion as well...but i prefer his "alone" albums with just him and a piano. one of my best friends was his youth pastor and multi-media guy for quite awhile.

as far as challenging stuff goes...it wouldn't matter what genre i was playing...i would dumb it down to the bare bones and focus on the lyrics and message of the song, and therefore, the delivery/essence.

i'm the lead singer and only guitar player in our band...so i have to be careful to not make things too complicated. even when i'm a 2nd or 3rd guest guitarist in other area bands, i don't want to get lost in the music and lose touch with the message.

Comment

Originally posted by Reload in 5 View Post

droff does some great lessons online for how to play their songs

Gateway has a cool teaching program called "Worship Team Director". There are separate DVDs for each group of musical instruments and one for all vocal parts. In the guitar DVD, for example, you can learn either the acoustic or one of two electric guitar parts. The screen shows both hands of the guitarist as well as the chord chart over lyrics. You can select whether you want to hear just the guitar part, the guitar in the band mix with vocals, or the complete mix less the guitar so you can play along.

It is a great instructional tool.
              Last edited by Lazarus1140; 11-22-2011, 04:25 PM.
              I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

i can only sing like cookie monster and king diamond
                nice

Comment

You know as time goes on my board is getting smaller. Right now I have a CE2, DD3 MXR classic OD, Wah & tuner. The all does straight in to my Deluxe Reverb. It works well for what I am doing.

If I was playing larger gigs or outside gigs I would probably bring my main board that I use at home. Its basically the same but I have 2 versions of it running into two amps coming together to an A/B/Y box.
                  "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                  "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Dammit guys, stop talking about Christian bands and figure out what that white thing on the top right is! Comeon!

If you don't help me, I'll just assume it's a LED screen that has your mom's phone number on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                      Dammit guys, stop talking about Christian bands and figure out what that white thing on the top right is! Comeon!

If you don't help me, I'll just assume it's a LED screen that has your mom's phone number on it.
                      Just ask the dude on Twitter. Apparently he loves that sort of ****.
                      I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                        Just ask the dude on Twitter. Apparently he loves that sort of ****.
                        No phlegming way am I doing that. He'll be all "omigod Matt Perkins from Coloured Animal is tweeting me!!! I just peed myself with excitement!!!" Then he'll try to arrange for me to play a solo on their album, sign his wife's boobs, and who knows what else.

One of you little people has to do it for me.

Comment

It looks like a clock to me.

Comment

No phlegming way am I doing that. He'll be all "omigod Matt Perkins from Coloured Animal is tweeting me!!! I just peed myself with excitement!!!" Then he'll try to arrange for me to play a solo on their album, sign his wife's boobs, and who knows what else.

One of you little people has to do it for me.
                            Ask Kam - you can't get littler than a leprechaun.
                            Custom neck-thru strat
                            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                            1995 PRS CE24
                            D'avanzo #8
                            Breedlove Solo Concert
                            1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                            1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                            1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                            Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

It's obviously a digital vegemite sandwich.
                              I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

I'm on it Sir...it will be my sole mission of this day!

Comment

Working...
                                X