banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nigel Hendroff (Hillsong) sent me a pedalboard pic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nigel Hendroff (Hillsong) sent me a pedalboard pic!

i'm getting close...

here's a close up of the purple junction box under the "ominus white thingy"...

Hello Kitty, My Melody, and Keroppi might seem like a strange assortment of characters to some, but for the people ... Read more
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by grumptruck
      I think its a metronome.
      that actually could be...

Comment

WoW...i have been searching HARD for the better part of the morning and i have no definitive answer yet...

NEVER GIVE UP...NEVER SURRENDER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tor View Post
          Yeah, more intense, and generally more interesting, musically speaking (me thinks). Their drummer is absolutely incredible.

Wow, sounds like Kari's got more than just the looks as well, then..
          Agreed on Jesus Culture and we are now picking up more and more JC stuff. I just charted out Let it Rain off the last JC CD and we will learn it next week. Last night we learned this http://youtu.be/0pesNP_-qsE
          Have you checked out Planet Shakers? Those guys ROCK!! Check this out--

When I was playing for a Mega Church here we ran 5000 + on Sunday morning this kind of stuff had um bouncing off the walls!!
          I had to start wearing plugs as the stage volumes were over 120 DB just to get the band over the CROWD NOISE so we could hear at times!
          Here is an old Sunday Morning clip.

United on the other hand I get really tired of with all the over the top delay lines and 10 guitar arrangements.
          For me I have an issue with the musical mindset of SO many of the younger guys that I work with that are obsessed with United. They can't play out of the box to save their lives and absolutely are lost when things get flowy and takes a turn.
          On the other hand I work with a LOT of guys who are into the IHOP/Jason Upton /Rick Pino/ Morning Star stuff who can play whole sets of spontaneous stuff.
          Always has confused me as to why the difference in the 2 camps at least in my circles is SO pronounced musically.
          Last edited by Ascension; 11-23-2011, 09:17 AM.
          Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

W O W - that is a bit of a reach to that Whammy !!!
            Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
              I wondered that myself...

They're both Cusack pedals..."always on" sorta things.
              Scruzz
              Scream

That Scruzz definitely has my interest!!!
              Big fan of Cusack pedals.

I have GAS for the Screamer Fuzz (808 + fuzz)

Quality, USA made guitar pedals.

Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                Sweet!

Mike, have you noticed how many Duesenburg guitars are showing up on the platforms of groups like Hillsong, Jesus Culture, and Gateway Worship? I wonder if it's just a trend or whether it is a promotional move on the manufacturer's part.

Did you see any last night?
                Dont forget about the bloke in Delirious also likes his Duesenburgs.

Comment

WoW...i have been searching HARD for the better part of the morning and i have no definitive answer yet...

NEVER GIVE UP...NEVER SURRENDER!!!
                  That's the spirit!
                  Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                  Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                  Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                    That's the spirit!

i give up...

Comment

i give up...
                      Like hell you do! Drop and give me 20, soldier!
                      Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                      Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                      Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

So, went to a Hillsong concert last night here in Louisville and Tweeted out to the lead guitarist (Nigel Hendroff) that i was trying to get a look at his pedalboard. On the way home i get a tweet back from him with THE pic!!!
                        AWESOME!!! Doesn't get any cooler than this for me! He is THE guitarist for the genre of music that i play and a Pedal nut like myself. Pretty cool of him to take time out and send it to me!

That's awesome. I'd heard Hillsong before, but had no idea who played guitar, if it was even all one guy. He's quite good, and very tasteful! This video has some small shots of the pedalboard, before he got the Strymon Timeline.
                        "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
                        Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
                        guitar pic site
                        Original prog rock on soundcloud
                        Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
                        Original blues on soundcloud.com

Comment

he was 80% of the guitar sound. they had a guy on acoustic and another guy just playing some open chords on electric.

Comment

Not really my thing (although as I am Australian and the church started in Sydney I should probably care a little) but its awesome that a guitarist you admire just sent you pedalboard pics because you asked.
                            Gondola Kid
                            Bandcamp
                            Facebook
                            JimijaymesGuitarist
                            Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                              I wasn't aware that "cheesy" means that which has had world wide influence.
                              tbh most of the time thats exactly what it means, look at the most popular, well-known, beloved musicians/groups in the world, 80% are really cheesy stuff, people like cheesy, for whatever reason
                              i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

Originally posted by o.p-i.v View Post
                                tbh most of the time thats exactly what it means, look at the most popular, well-known, beloved musicians/groups in the world, 80% are really cheesy stuff, people like cheesy, for whatever reason
                                it's delicious!

one person's stanky cheeze is a delicacy to another!

Comment

Working...
                                X