fender-modern-player-jaguar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fender-modern-player-jaguar

Looks like pure bare bones down and dirty P-90 in mahogany goodness with the ergonomic comfort of Jaguar styling.

Anyone know anything about this guitar? Decent quality? Playability?

Looks like a good price.

Shop Fender Jaguars: ✅ guaranteed low price, ✅ free shipping, ✅ free warranty, ✅ 0% financing, ✅ 8% back in rewards.

Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Re: fender-modern-player-jaguar

I like.

Comment

MIC
      My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
      The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
      Originally posted by CTN
      I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
      FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

I guess if you like Chinese.
        -
        My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

I dig the look and the p-90 goodness, but I don't know if I could hang with the 24 inch scale. Never played one but my thought is it would be tight.

Comment

Weird, I thought all the Player series models were meant to have a 12 inch fretboard radius

Comment

I have to admit that some Chinese is better than some American made guitars.
              Originally Posted by IanBallard
              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

That guitar looks awesome!

I don't know what P90s come stock in it, but with that price tag, I'm gonna assume they're cheapies.

I'd replace them with some phat cats, or possibly two of the new Phil X P90s.
                ( http://philxstore.com/pickups.html )

Comment

Whoa!! I had not seen that model yet.... I LIKE! A mahogany jaguar with P90's is just awesome!
                  Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

I don't know if I would be into it. I love my jaguar but something about this guitar isn't convincing. Maybe it's the lack of effort they put into the guitar's looks. It's like they said "nice grain, no pickguard".

Comment

With this configuration, isn't it just a different shaped SG or LP Jr Special?
                      -
                      My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

**** no, it's made in china and comes with fender brand p90s.

if you wanted a junior, youd buy a junior.

if gibson made alder+maple bolt on guitars with 3 single coils and a vintage style trem, i wouldnt buy that, i'd buy a strat.

i find that even when fender is imitating another company with it's woods or pickup config, the guitars always end up being their own thing.

Comment

I like it quite a bit. P90s lend themselves well to short scale mahogany guitars for the most part. The fact that the body is different than a SG/LP Jr., the scale shorter, and that it's a maple necked bolt-on might give an interesting result. For the price it could make a pretty sweet beater-rocker. I love those walnut-y clear finishes on offset style guitars, because they remind me of the Elvis Costello JM sig.

Comment

Yeah, it's a really cool guitar. If it was made left handed, I'd probably at least check one out. I think I'd like the look of it more if it had a scratchplate, though.
                            I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

I really wish they'd stop making everything cool in that stupid 24" scale.

Comment

Working...
                              X