The 'post your Ibanez' thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 'post your Ibanez' thread

^^ I agree - if I were to get a LP style guitar, it would be one of these, or a Yamaha SG.
    Originally posted by dominus
    Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

If I recall....`81....could be `83.

You know...a nice alternative to the SG`s are the Lord Players...I have an LP-400 that is really outstanding considering how little they can sell for over here. They have the Gibson headstock and there were some higher end models too.

Comment

Ibanez zombie bump

Ah update on the Ibie front....
        Got myself something I have not seen here in DK ever...
        Installed three Wilde Micro Coils, and somebody drilled a hole for a split, seriel, parallel switch for a minirail bucker, took that one out and used a normal 3 legged on/on for an optional switch neck pickup on...
        And some arse removed the org Gotoh tuners, am getting some new ones with a thumb lock, Gotoh SG381's, off with those Schallers.....ugly mofo's!
        Got a temporary vibrato arm on it, need to find some Wilkinson or Gotoh for it....
        Ibanez 430S II 1990 and Ibanez 540R 1990 as well...(has long since earned its keep)

Comment

Not much Ibby left but anyways.
          Jackson JS30
          Squier Strat ´99
          Project-Ibanez - something?
          Ex-Pinecaster - bad choice of wood, man

Comment

Since this is bumped...
            Attached Files
            Originally posted by Myaccount876
            Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
              Ibanez zombie bump

Ah update on the Ibie front....
              Got myself something I have not seen here in DK ever...
              Installed three Wilde Micro Coils, and somebody drilled a hole for a split, seriel, parallel switch for a minirail bucker, took that one out and used a normal 3 legged on/on for an optional switch neck pickup on...
              And some arse removed the org Gotoh tuners, am getting some new ones with a thumb lock, Gotoh SG381's, off with those Schallers.....ugly mofo's!
              Got a temporary vibrato arm on it, need to find some Wilkinson or Gotoh for it....
              Ibanez 430S II 1990 and Ibanez 540R 1990 as well...(has long since earned its keep)
              Two pretty rare birds, nice! A Radius is on my 'Ibanez to get' list. Is the S mahogany like the rest of them?
              Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Ok, I just remembered I got another one since starting this thread - '86 RG410. Bought it as a neck/body carcass, then lucked out on an Edge with the appropriate long block. Stuck the PAF Pro I had in my parts drawer and she sounds pretty good, more versatile than you'd think.

Comment

Thanks, yeps Mahogany body indeed!
                  Very snappy and aggressive, and with the turn of the volume or tone, back to mellow warm sounds....most cool.
                  ^That is one sweet 410...

Comment

^^ How's the trem on it?

The 410...I wanted a pink one :P. It's very light guitar, and has nice bite/snarl; very responsive to where you pick along the string length. Needs the original nut though - have a Gotoh on it now but the break angle is too shallow. Fun guitar all in all, play it quite a bit. Killer necks on these guitars.

Comment

It works well.....solid thing, only bug is a bad hexscrew that I need to get out.
                      It has the same spacing as a Floyd.....I trying to remember what vibratos that has that wide a spacing....
                      Hmm no locks on that nut??
                      They are great old guitars....

Makes for the for sale CS Fenders I got feel like big clunky lumps of wood, even with the Wilde 280/290's pickups my Beck sounds like a dull unresponsive thing compared to those old Ibies.....
                      Kinda crazy.....those Fenders where not cheap....guess I am not that much into them as I thought!

Comment

MMMMm radius, Man they are a kick ass model. A guy who use to be a friend of mine had a awesome one. I restored it after he painted it in fish oil. What a retarded idiot.

I might have already shown it in this thread who knows.

My sabre

My 1980 dt50 modded gold saint

Stock dt50- besides pups
                        Last edited by kramersteen; 09-18-2014, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ResizedImage_1379542149595.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	5780927
                          Sa160

Comment

Kramer, what year is your R? Haha, I remember you talking about the fishy one.

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                            It works well.....solid thing, only bug is a bad hexscrew that I need to get out.
                            It has the same spacing as a Floyd.....I trying to remember what vibratos that has that wide a spacing....
                            Hmm no locks on that nut??
                            They are great old guitars....

Makes for the for sale CS Fenders I got feel like big clunky lumps of wood, even with the Wilde 280/290's pickups my Beck sounds like a dull unresponsive thing compared to those old Ibies.....
                            Kinda crazy.....those Fenders where not cheap....guess I am not that much into them as I thought!
                            I had just put it together at the time of the photo, hence no locking pads - the bolts were protruding above the nut platform and had to be ground down. I'm often on the lookout for an original Top Lok III that's not stupidly priced :P.

Yeah, the resonance of these things shocked me a bit. Think it's got a lot to do with the square heel. Good, fairly loud acoustic sound on all of mine. When I finally got a MIJ one I realized what all the fuss is about.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                              Kramer, what year is your R? Haha, I remember you talking about the fishy one.
                              My R? I dont have one i jsut restored it for the bloke.. i think that black one was late 80's early 90's
                              Last edited by kramersteen; 09-19-2014, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosher Zone View Post
                                My RG-550 with Livewire Classic set & Guitar Fuel Nitro Booster.

OH MAN, lots of dings and chips around her
                                what did you do with her? did you gave her to the dogs and cats to play with it?
                                Q: PPPPPP
                                Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
                                Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
                                Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
                                Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
                                Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
                                Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
                                Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                                Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Working...
                                X