The 'post your Ibanez' thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 'post your Ibanez' thread

^^ Indeed, that watermelon burst RG530 is killing me. I'm also intrigued by the SCR220.

Zhaggy's got some nice pieces too .

Originally posted by woemoejack View Post
    and my beloved, beat to crap, hacked up but still outplays almost everything I own roadstar
    Now that's what I'm talkin' about; RS440?

Originally posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    Later I had an even heavier Ibanez, a twin-neck Artist. I ended up selling that to a buyer in the USA, i think the freight cost alone was close to $600.
    Sheer cool and extremely collectable - saw one going for $2500 recently. You should've sawn it in half to save on shipping .
    Originally posted by dominus
    Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

I don't think I can even get started in this thread. I'm probably up to 35-40 or so, all Japanese. Killer build quality, thoughtful designs, mediocre pickups so you don't feel bad replacing them. What's not to love?!

Comment

lol, Frank needs his own Ibby thread

Comment

Originally posted by frankfalbo View Post
          I don't think I can even get started in this thread. I'm probably up to 35-40 or so, all Japanese. Killer build quality, thoughtful designs, mediocre pickups so you don't feel bad replacing them. What's not to love?!
          Man, we'd love to see em if you ever have the time!

Comment

Well said! I dont understand why thy have used the same dull pups all these years...
            I loved it around 2008 when they had a bunch of killer models that came with Duncans. Full shred etc.. They had 2 models I was nuts over that year. One was a purple colored arch top that had a mahog body and all. (no duncans in that one I dont think) And then a single bucker shred machine with the tooth outlines on the board and a Duncan in the bridge.
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Bunch of Ibanezbians in this thread... yuk yuk
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Maybe you could show some special cases or some rareties.

I too think they are sometimes very underrated guitars. Although they have many serious names on the roster. They are fantastic guitars and they Japanese made are best there is.

And yeah their pickups aren't that good, some of them are but I wonder why they don't make or use better ones.
                Last edited by Zhaggy; 12-28-2011, 04:39 AM.
                Originally posted by Jamie Hyneman
                When in doubt... C4
                "Biologists think they are biochemists,
                Biochemists think they are Physical Chemists,
                Physical Chemists think they are Physicists,
                Physicists think they are Gods,
                And God thinks he is a Mathematician."

"Physicists defer only to mathematicians, mathematicians defer only to God."

Comment

Just back at a keyboard after the holidays - here are are my current crop of classic MIJ Ibanez (apart from the last one which is MIC)

RG2120x with 59B/Custom/A8 hybrid bridge, 59N/Jazz/A5 neck, piezo bridge, chunky ultra neck profile and the heaviest mohog body. Gonna put a demon bridge in this one today.

RG470 with PATB2 and PASTK-1N

SV470 with Custom8/SDS1/Fred, Viper v-shaped neck profile.

Custom Mohog Jem body with '78/Lil SD/PGn and a super wizard neck

RG560 with EMG85/SA/S

RG530WP with AHB1 Blackouts set

540R Radius with BMP-1. Pups are a Fastrack Neck, AS1n middle, and a Fred that has an A2 and the neck coil aired.

540P Power Triple Coil with a PATB1 and PASTK-1N

S-Classic 220 with the Blueman Signature set - Custom Polished UOA5 bridge and a 59 RCUOA5 neck

S540 with JB/C3/59-Jazz Hybrid in Herman Li wiring. JB is due for a swapout for a hybrid.

Js1200 with MoJoe/PafJoe

Jem7vWH with Ebony board and Bartolini V92C for the neck, a 3D-01 for the middle, and a V94D for the bridge. Awesome Pups.

and finally my sons Santa Present, a pimped out Gio Mikro with a HFH/DSonic

I've a few more in various stages of restoration, and I've promised myself no more for 12 months. We'll see how that goes
                  "that’s what is so good about the guitar — everyone can really enjoy themselves on it and have a good time, which is what it’s all about. Right?”

Jimmy Page

Comment

I have to say that I love those Antiqua finished Roadstars, no matter which color combo.

Comment

Frank, you cannot let Zakk go unchallenged...
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Oh jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by zakk_speed View Post
                          Just back at a keyboard after the holidays - here are are my current crop of classic MIJ Ibanez (apart from the last one which is MIC)

RG2120x with 59B/Custom/A8 hybrid bridge, 59N/Jazz/A5 neck, piezo bridge, chunky ultra neck profile and the heaviest mohog body. Gonna put a demon bridge in this one today.

RG470 with PATB2 and PASTK-1N

SV470 with Custom8/SDS1/Fred, Viper v-shaped neck profile.

Custom Mohog Jem body with '78/Lil SD/PGn and a super wizard neck

RG560 with EMG85/SA/S

RG530WP with AHB1 Blackouts set

540R Radius with BMP-1. Pups are a Fastrack Neck, AS1n middle, and a Fred that has an A2 and the neck coil aired.

540P Power Triple Coil with a PATB1 and PASTK-1N

S-Classic 220 with the Blueman Signature set - Custom Polished UOA5 bridge and a 59 RCUOA5 neck

S540 with JB/C3/59-Jazz Hybrid in Herman Li wiring. JB is due for a swapout for a hybrid.

Js1200 with MoJoe/PafJoe

Jem7vWH with Ebony board and Bartolini V92C for the neck, a 3D-01 for the middle, and a V94D for the bridge. Awesome Pups.

and finally my sons Santa Present, a pimped out Gio Mikro with a HFH/DSonic

I've a few more in various stages of restoration, and I've promised myself no more for 12 months. We'll see how that goes

These are all amazing! I espec love the 470 with mirror guard! Wow! I had a black 550 with a purple mirror on it. Where did you get the clear switch tip??

How you like the PATB2? I have a Patb3 in my 570. Its big sounding, but alittle tame..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                            These are all amazing! I espec love the 470 with mirror guard! Wow! I had a black 550 with a purple mirror on it. Where did you get the clear switch tip??

How you like the PATB2? I have a Patb3 in my 570. Its big sounding, but alittle tame..
                            I got the clear switch tip off the 'bay, I just kept searching until I found someone with one.

The PATB2 is simply amazing..actually that whole 470 is pretty special, its always sounded huge...the artie2-superswitching gives some really unique sounds. The only thing it cant really do is the really soft/hard picking dynamic stuff the PAF type pups can do, it will compress a bit no matter how hard you pick, but parallel mode and the use of the volume control+treble bleed gives a huge range of tones.
                            "that’s what is so good about the guitar — everyone can really enjoy themselves on it and have a good time, which is what it’s all about. Right?”

Jimmy Page

Comment

My much loved PF350, battered and worn, weighs more than saturn and still sounds fabulous, it was my workhorse for many years. It seriously needs a refret now, the frets are nearly flat to the board!

Comment

I just passed out orgasmically from the awesomeness of zakk's stable.

Keep 'em coming, folks.
                                Originally posted by dominus
                                Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Working...
                                X