Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FIVE new 1 watt Marshalls!!!

Originally posted by xxxplorer View Post
    I will get one for sure... Just can't decide which one! Maybe a plexi, maybe the 800... Maybe both! Will be awesome to have in the house! My big Marshall only gets attention on practice and gigs, if I can make a smaller version with all the same dynamics then I'm sold! Until then I practice unplugged or acousticly lol.
    I didn't realize one was an "800" version. woah, I gotta try that one.
    Last edited by DankStar; 01-03-2012, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I'll take the JMP version. However, with only 150 of each being produced, I assume 1) nobody I know will obtain one, and 2) they will be very expensive.
      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
      Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
        I'll take the JMP version. However, with only 150 of each being produced, I assume 1) nobody I know will obtain one, and 2) they will be very expensive.
        F**K, you`re probably right
        When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Cash grab... and do you really believe they are gonna sound anything like the real amps they're named after?

Comment

Eh, not really a cash grab since they are only building 150 of each.

I think it's more of a proof of concept, to see how much the world clamors for them, and what the reviews and demonstrations are like, and how they're received.

If everyone loves them...you introduce a "new" 1 watter and sell the fawk out of it.

If everyone hates them...what do you care, you sold every last one of them you made at a profit

This is an age old strategy - you test something you're not sure about in a "limited release" fashion, because people ALWAYS buy that stuff, somehow.

Great example, Honda developed their SUV platform in the early 2000s, at the height of the crazy SUV boom. Honda is a company whose entire brand identity is based on reliability, so instead of releasing the new Honda Pilot, they introduced the Acura MDX.

This was 2001.

The MDX sold well, because it was a luxury marque and it was an SUV. Sure bets in 2001.

Honda didn't care about the sales - they were looking for the feedback - the critique.

As it turns out, the chassis and powertrain were both just fine - no major issues, and Honda released the Honda Pilot the next model year and sold the **** out of them every year since.

What they did was a 0 risk testing of the waters.

Like I said earlier, if everyone loves them...you introduce a "new" Honda SUV and sell the fawk out of it.

If everyone hates them...what do you care, you sold every last one of the Acuras you made at a profit
            my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Eh, not really a cash grab since they are only building 150 of each.

I think it's more of a proof of concept, to see how much the world clamors for them, and what the reviews and demonstrations are like, and how they're received.

If everyone loves them...you introduce a "new" 1 watter and sell the fawk out of it.

If everyone hates them...what do you care, you sold every last one of them you made at a profit

This is an age old strategy - you test something you're not sure about in a "limited release" fashion, because people ALWAYS buy that stuff, somehow.

Great example, Honda developed their SUV platform in the early 2000s, at the height of the crazy SUV boom. Honda is a company whose entire brand identity is based on reliability, so they couldn't accept the risk of a platform flop, so instead of releasing the new Honda Pilot, under the Honda badge, they introduced the Acura MDX.

This was 2001.

The MDX sold well, because it was a luxury marque and it was an SUV. Sure bets in 2001. It was an identical chassis and powertrain to the Honda Pilot, but with a different body.

Honda didn't care about the sales - they were looking for the feedback - the critique.

As it turns out, the chassis and powertrain were both just fine - no major issues, and Honda released the Honda Pilot the next model year and sold the **** out of them every year since.

What they did was a 0 risk testing of the waters.

Like I said earlier, if everyone loves them...you introduce a "new" Honda SUV and sell the fawk out of it.

If everyone hates them...what do you care, you sold every last one of the Acuras you made at a profit
              Last edited by ImmortalSix; 01-03-2012, 12:30 PM.
              my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

interesting concept without a doubt but i think a 5 watt amp would be more desirable...

Comment

The best affordable tv volume level Marshally tone I have heard to date is my vt15. If I can go to the source for a fair price, that's a nobrainer to me

Comment

I live in an apartment, and I would LOVE IT if more 1 watt tube amps existed.

I have a big amp for rehearsals and gigs, but if I took it home the cops would be at my door in minutes.
                    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Seems cool, I'm interested to hear what they sound like.
                      Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

For tiny rooms, it would be cool to get the JMP or the JCM head and use it as a lead channel, AB'd with a Class 5 head as the clean/crunch.
                        Last edited by guitfiddle; 01-03-2012, 09:07 PM.
                        - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                        Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                        The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Love the looks of the second pair.
                          I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

A baby JCM 800? WANT! I REALLY need a little practice amp, and this would be awesome!

Comment

I'm very interested.

Comment

I love the looks of that Bluesbreaker type head. And I'd definitely be interested in one of these. I've always had a thing for JCM800 tones, and if it was achievable at a moderate volume rather than the typical earbleeding roar, that would be great too.

Comment

Working...
                                X