FIVE new 1 watt Marshalls!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FIVE new 1 watt Marshalls!!!

I do kinda agree these are somewhat of a waste as they have very limited capabilities due to them being only 1 watt. I think Marshall should have done what Hughes and Kettner did with the Tubemeister 18 and have a power soak from like 20/5/1 watt or something so it can be utilized a bit more. Being limited edition you can count on them being rediculously priced regardless of them being 1 watt as well.....
    Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 01-04-2012, 10:50 PM.
    Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
    Roland Cube 60
    Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
    BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
    LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
    Mogami Cables
    Mooer Candy Toppers
    Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
    Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGuy503 View Post
      I do kinda agree these are somewhat of a waste as they have very limited capabilities due to them being only 1 watt. I think Marshall should have done what Hughes and Kettner did with the Tubemeister 18 and have a power soak from like 20/5/1 watt or something so it can be utilized a bit more. Being limited edition you can count on them being rediculously priced regardless of them being 1 watt as well.....
      Ya know..I did hear an 18 watt Marshall clone once , and it did have big balls. Maybe thats enough for a Marshall amp with its EQ.
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
        want! also want a rivera silent sister along with it
        Having researched ISO Cabs I was shocked at how much those sell for. 1K! CRAZY.
        Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 01-04-2012, 10:58 PM.
        Roland Cube 60
        Mogami Cables
        Mooer Candy Toppers
        Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
          aaaannnnnd why?
          Ever heard the term.... "Anything to make a buck?".
          Roland Cube 60
          Mogami Cables
          Mooer Candy Toppers

Comment

That 'lil JCM combo is very interesting. They can't be priced higher than a new class 5.....? I'm totally buyin' into the propagana.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGuy503 View Post
              Having researched ISO Cabs I was shocked at how much those sell for. 1K! CRAZY.
              ya, not gonna get it, even with the 15% off christmas sale at MF GC that would have applied...

Comment

Have any US release dates been announced?

Comment

low power amps are great for people who play only at home (like myself). I got into building tube amps because 6-7years ago you couldn't find something like this in stores at all. DIY amp community and boutique builders kinda helped people realize they don't need 100w amp if they play in the bedroom only and they are better off with a small amp they can crank all the way. And big factories followed. Now you can find small tube amps (<20W) from almost any big name on the market and a lot of them are making these <5w amps. They are no pushovers though, people could not believe how loud my 2W version of Trainwreck express is. Literally makes the window on the opposite side of the room rattle, over 10ft away.
                  I also built a 5W version of SLO-100 and 2W, both excellent amps for what they are.

These marshalls look sexy, the first low power marshalls I actually want

Cheers
                  Check out my site with DIY amps, guitars and pedals http://diy-fever.com

Comment

The JTM and the JMP look awesome, and I'd love them or late night jamming and practice....maybe studio..but I just can't see myself spending much on them when there are other great low wattage, low price offerings out there.
                    Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                    Originally posted by LesStrat
                    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

If you don't see the value of a good 1 watt tube amp, it probably means one or more of the following:

- You live out in the country
                      - You hate your neighbours
                      - You mistakenly believe that your big amp with the master volume at 0.5 sounds good
                      - You love solid state amps
                      - You don't actually play guitar
                      - You kick puppies
                      Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                      Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                      Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                        If you don't see the value of a good 1 watt tube amp, it probably means one or more of the following:

- You mistakenly believe that your big amp with the master volume at 0.5 sounds good
                        - You kick puppies
                        my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

cool MARSHALL's for MUNCHKINS! I own the YJM plexi and love it,i dont see myself getting one of these unless they sound amazing and dont cost too much

Comment

^^ with a gif of a 5' nothing guitarist in his sig. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post

- You kick puppies
                              sigged
                              Originally posted by ratherdashing

- You kick puppies

Comment

While the idea of these is good it is very misleading marketing wise.

There is no way on earth that these will sound like the real deals because the main part of the marshall sound is the masses of headroom and the way the PP output works.

However i am interested in seeing what they do sound like.
                                Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
                                WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Non Biased General Guitar forum
                                http://fret.boards.net

Comment

Working...
                                X