banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggest me an overdrive pedal that's creamy and REALLY fat sounding.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggest me an overdrive pedal that's creamy and REALLY fat sounding.

I stand corrected.

This guy made a clip of the original Plush Cream. My God does it sound incredible.

I'll keep an eye on the VS Route 808 as well. I thought about it and YES it's much cheaper than all the other pedals mentioned here.
    Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
    Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
    Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
    Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

If you're really into smooth, then the Zen Drive might be for you. It's reviews point to it being too smooth for some players. Other than that, you can simply place a 7 band EQ right after your dirt box, and get the low-mid heavy tone you like that way.
      - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
      Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
      The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

The fatter sounding pedal I've tried is the Way Huge Pork Loin. Check out some YT videos.

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
          If you're really into smooth, then the Zen Drive might be for you. It's reviews point to it being too smooth for some players. Other than that, you can simply place a 7 band EQ right after your dirt box, and get the low-mid heavy tone you like that way.
          And as it turns out, I already have a Boss GE7 but I use it at the end of the chain as a volume boost.
          Hmm, we'll see how it works with the Blues Driver... who knows?

Comment

Boss OD-3, and I'm not just saying that because I have one for sale.

Comment

Fulltone OCD

the reason I don't like it is that it's creamy and fat sounding. But if that's what you want, then there ya go.

Comment

The Green Rhino fits the description perfectly. It mates really well with clean or gainy amps, fat sounding, has some crunch, and the sustain is amazing.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  I'm almost thinking you want fuzz - not an overdrive. Smooth and creamy is some sort of dense fuzz. Not OD. To me...
                  Thats so brilliant and true, I was going to post that, and thought nah..but yeah.

Other than that, I'll tell you what, if you want a big fat thick creamy chocolate malt of a OD, than the winner and still undisputed champion of the world is the TS 808.
                  "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Don't think I didn't think the same too regarding fuzz, Jerry.
                    But then I understand you usually want fuzz in front of an overdriven amp, not a clean one right?

Comment

I was going to also suggest the Wampler and the OCD (the Robin Trower Overdrive is also a nice option).

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                        Don't think I didn't think the same too regarding fuzz, Jerry.
                        But then I understand you usually want fuzz in front of an overdriven amp, not a clean one right?
                        I don't think that is the general rule anymore. Depending on the pedal it can work well with fuzz into clean amp. The Voodoo Labs Superfuzz sounded good going into a clean amp. It went from ODish to over-the-top fuzz. It also had a knob so you could control your mids. Pretty cool pedal.

Comment

Smooth and creamy is a continuum, and the "smooth and creamies" are a rare segment of OD, a larger batch of distortion, and the majority, or a good batch of fuzz.

Of course, there are your raucous and raunchy fuzzes too.
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I don't know if it will work for you, but I love daisy chaining my Hendrix Fuzzface with a Marshall Bluesbreaker v1. As long as I keep my volume on the sweet spot on the guitar this is what I feel like.

Fuzz pedals have a very distinct kind of smooth though. It's nothing like having a creamy high gain amp, at least that's what my ears tell me.

Comment

man there's a lot of great suggestions. that video actually made me want the green rhino. and that plush cream sounds GREAT too and it's funny that they played devotion. kind of obscure.

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
                                This was going to be my recommendation

Hermida Zendrive demo,the so-called "Dumble in a box"I am playing nonsense here....please excuse my playing.I was fooling around with the volume knob and swi...

Comment

Working...
                                X