Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pickguard Trading Thread

Hi All,

Wayne from Tone-Guard here. I'm sorry to read "ItsaBass's" post. I'm sorry you felt snubbed or put off in any way. I run this out of my home, an apt. I sub out the cutting and anodizing. I dont usually have people come over because I have a lot of gear here and as much as I enjoy interacting with my customers or prospective customers. I really don't have much time these days due to increased demand for my pickguards (they are all hand finished) and my mother has been in the hospital for the past 5 months with cancer. I do on-line PayPal because it protects the buyer and seller, and until recently we PayPal merchants did not have a card swipe or phone method for taking payments. I now have a Square reader for my iPhone, so I could meet you and take payment on the spot if you like. I hope you'll forgive me. I'd like to meet you, when time permits for both of us. Drop me an email or call. May Your Tubes Glow Brightly! [email protected]

Comment

Sorry if I insulted you, Wayne. Thanks for setting the record straight. Part of what I said is obviously based on my own preferences for dealing with a business. To many, what bothered me would not be an issue. Maybe I am a bit old fashioned in some ways (tho' I ain't old, dangit ).

More importantly, I am sorry to hear about your mom. Cancer has been taking a toll on my circle of family and friends lately too, so my thoughts go out to you and your family.
      Last edited by ItsaBass; 04-19-2012, 05:02 PM.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Yogi Berra was correct.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Hey Man,

No insult taken by any means. I just wanted to add some clarification. I didn't want you to feel insulted. Glad we got that straightened out. ;-)

Thanks for the kind words about my Mom. Sorry to hear cancer has effected you and your family as well.

Let me know if you need a guard and I'll make it as easy as I can for you.

May Your Tubes Glow Brightly,

Wayne aka Thumbs

Comment

Hey Wayne,good to see you here. I'm really hoping you can help me out with my 3 bolt neck Legacy. I sent you mail the other day.

Comment

Hey Don,

I just sent you an email answering your questions.

Thumbs aka Wayne

Comment

dunno if anyone is looking for this but i have a white HSS 11-hole. Anyone looking to buy or trade?

Comment

OK...here is what I have to go. A silver pearloid tele p/g with a humbucker route. An old Warmoth strat guard from the 80's that is aluminium covered with a walnut veneer. Cut for neck and middle single coils and mini hum in bridge. A single ply, 5 hole white tele guard.

Looking for a tele deluxe pg cut for two regular size buckers. Open to different colors. It's a black guitar and now has a black pg. Also looking for a hybrid tele guard cut for neck bucker.
                Last edited by teleblooz; 07-21-2012, 07:29 PM. Reason: PG traded! It works!

Comment

If interested in pick guards, pm me. I have several new pick guards for sale. I'm asking $45 shipped for them

Comment

I'm looking for a Tele mini-hb neck, no mid, preferably w/b/w, but would also consider black or white pearloid
                    Last edited by jtougas; 07-06-2012, 09:57 AM.
                    "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

I have a few strat guards not in use -
                      Would like to trade either for an 11 hole parchment or white Fender SSS three-ply guard.

Mintgreen guard is used, three-ply, 11 hole, Fender. (traded)
                      White guard is single-ply, 8 hole, unbranded. Protector plastic still on the front. Unused.

I also have other SSS guards not pictured.
                      11 hole white, SSS, single ply - used and color is faded to parchment.
                      11 hole white, SSS, three ply - mini-toggle hole near volume - Fender. Well used and discolored to parchment.
                      11 hole white pearloid, SSS, 4 ply. Good condition, unsure of brand, holes match standard strat.

Last edited by tab; 07-19-2012, 01:05 PM.

Comment

I have a black, single ply, esquire guard if anyone is interested.

Comment

I have three Tele guards

- standard tele pickup route (black singleply)
                          - humbucker pickup route (black singleply)
                          - humbucker pickup route (black, singleply - the route was opened slightly to use a covered humbucker)

- I also have 5 different trem covers that range from BRIGHT white to cream.
                          -=The Dali
                          --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Looking for a strat HS pickguard to trade. I have a SS pickguard in cream custom made by Warmoth, with the bridge pickup in reverse slant (a la Hendrix). Also available for sale if interested, PM me. Thanks.

Comment

Hi, looking for standard Tele guards... Like to get a pearloid white, parchment or cream. Thanks!
                              -=The Dali

Comment

Cool! Got a parchment... might be interested in a black guard if someone has one.
                                -=The Dali

Comment

Working...
                                X