banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's really the best way to "bedroom-ize" my peavey 6505+???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's really the best way to "bedroom-ize" my peavey 6505+???

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
    Remember the video where Twisted Sister kicks in the walls of some suburban squaresville home and teaches them to rock? This is like the opposite of that. You'll just have to man up, get your spandex on and show em who's boss.
    Even if your spandex doesn't teach them a lesson, they might at least be grossed out enough to leave the house and let you play that thing loud. It's worth a shot. The neon yellow and pink tights will probably make you sound way better than most of the other colors.

LP Custom
    Greenbacks
    Boss SD-1

Comment

Originally posted by Hellion View Post
      I play unplugged. And it might be difficult to believe this, but it will do things to your technique that you won't believe. I don't remember the last time that I actually plugged into a tube amp.
      You're right - to an extent. The last time I did that, though, my muting technique went to crap and when I finally plugged in to a proper amp, there was all sorts of noise in my playing

I was going through much the same thing that the OP is going through. The answer for me was a Digitech GSP1101/RP1000 (I chose the RP1000).
      Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
      I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by crguti View Post
        using an attenuator seems to be the best idea to me

Except for the fact that they are f***ing expensive.
        My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
        The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
        Originally posted by CTN
        I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
        FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Got a PC? http://line6.com/podfarm/

Comment

If you're into recording, just plug your amp's fx loop send into a DAW and use impulse (power amp+cab simulation).. Or maybe get something like palmer pga04?

Comment

FINE CHOICE on your amp dude!!! FINE CHOICE!

I own a 2010 USA made 6505+, and I LOVE IT more than ANY other piece of equipment I've ever owned or been able to plug into! I've got my 6505+ pushing a good, solid built 412 cab that I took the crap speakers out of, and then loaded it up with Eminence speakers (2-Swamp Thangs & 2-Texas Heats). I had alot of guys say NOT to use them, because they are great, but it takes alot to get them moving and to break up (especially the Swamp Thangs), but my WHOLE plan for my rig was to be able to experience for myself the feel and sound of a real-deal monster rig when its CRANKED up! Ever since I got everything together (I re-tubed the amp, and had to install the 4 speakers and a "plug n play" jack-plate in/on my cab, and then wire it all up) it's been the most amazing experience to come out to my garage each day to find myself fortunate enough to be able to plug into such a MONSTER, Peel Your Face OFF guitar/amp rig. There is just nothing that quite compares, for me at least, to plugging in and cranking the 6505+ up, and playing across the garage from the amp n cab, and not only hearing the AWESOME sound and the articulation of EVERY little note and nuance, but it's also that one of a kind FEELING you get from the sound pumping out of the cab! There is not a headphone, nor a smaller amp in the WORLD that can come ANYWHERE close to that unbelievable FEELING you get when those speakers are pushing out all that power and you can feel them moving the air all around you, especially if you get to riffing it up on the low end! It's just an awesome experience. And I can't help but feel sad whenever I hear (because this is a dilemma much more common than it should be) or see someone saying they own a 6505+, but they just have NO WAY, PERIOD, to play it loud. How can my 6505+ be "Bedroom-ized", "tamed", "quieted down", or even "my 6505+ sounds like garbage" (which is worse because it indicates a lack of understanding on how the amp works).... All of these are different ways of saying the same thing.... I have a KILLER amp, but no means to get LOUD... From one guitarist to another, its heartbreaking really, because there really is NO WAY to sugar-coat it... It is impossible, flat out impossible, to use a 6505+, or ANY OTHER full-power amp head for that matter, but the 6505+ for an absolute certainty, in a setting where loud volumes are going to be intolerable and therefore impossible to achieve. That's the painful, unmovable truth of the matter. Trying to debate this, or come up with solutions to this, IS just as much a waste of time as it would be for a man to try to understand a woman's thinking, or the other way around (no offense intended on either end here).

It's a travesty, and I feel for you bro, but there's just no getting around it. Honestly, if you don't think you'll ever get setup to be able to crank it, I'd start thinking about cleaning it thoroughly, and finding a good place to sell it. It's worth a substantial sum, especially if it's been cared for and is still in good working and cosmetic condition. You could use that kind of money towards a really nice guitar (perhaps even an acoustic), or put it towards a Helix, which is supposedly the best thing since sliced bread. Though something tells me, if that were true, we'd see alot less threads related to this type of inquiry. If headphones or a modeler really COULD do the TUBE thing, our tube amps would all be sold and we'd be wailin' away on our Helix's.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck, and I hope you are able to work out a gear setup that will allow you to get back to enjoying what we all love most, PLAYING our guitars!!

Keep On Rockin In The Free World!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190320_195409.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	5813566Click image for larger version

Name:	20190320_195409.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	5813566
              "As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun PLAYING MY GUITAR than in any other enterprise. It IS really the life of KINGS...."

Comment

Just put a freaking volume box (aka a volume pot...in a box!) thru the loop.

People will moan about how much of an abomination that is, or how it's utterly ineffective...and on some amps it would be... but 5150-family circuits loooove volume boxes through the loop.
                "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Working...
                X