X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mesa/Boogie .50 Caliber

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
    And how I use my butcher.
    .....you can get a good look at a t-bone if you stick your head up the butcher's a$$, but wouldn't....wait. How's that go??

LP Custom
    Greenbacks
    Boss SD-1

Comment

Originally posted by John E Rokker View Post
      Before you get rid of your 900 try it with the treble and presence off and the bass, mids, and gain all the way up, add volume and pedals to taste, plug in and rip! That is the secret to the secret weapon of arena rock that is the JCM900.
      lol here is some more settingz tooz

Comment

I don't think the Dual Cal and the 50 Cal are that close though, the Dual Cal can get pretty close to recto sounds.
        I'm more familiar with the .50 Cal than the plus, but they're pretty similar AFAIK. The Dual Cal (DC) and .50 Cal OTOH really don't have that much in common. The DC is essentially a Recto Red Channel paired with a Mk IV clean channel & non-simulclass mark series power section. The .50 Cal is based on a Mk IIC / Mk III preamp with a EL-84 or 6L6 (obviously non simulclass) power section. Tone-wise I found the DC to be quite similar to the F series, while the .50 Cal (non plus) sounds like a Mk III with some Vox-ish qualities.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
          lol here is some more settingz tooz

http://www.marshallforum.com/marshal...-settings.html
          I remember looking through that one awhile back. Thanks for reminding me about it though!
          Yowza!

Comment

Did you get it yet?

LP Custom
            Greenbacks
            Boss SD-1

Comment

Originally posted by Soulcrusher_X View Post
              Did you get it yet?
              Nope, not yet. Been working 15 hr days lately so I haven't even had a chance to physically do anything about it yet. Tonight could be the night though... Hopefully.
              Yowza!

Comment

Don't Iceman us...

Comment

Originally posted by jrbowen81 View Post
                  I know! LOL! I'm absolutely broke right now though, so I'd HAVE to sell my 900 first before even considering buying the Mesa.
                  if you like the 900,but are simply curious then dont sell it. I had a DC5 combo for yrs...it is a good all purpose amp. 6L6's are different from the EL34s....when is the last time you retubed? How are your cables? Make sure you are wringing every last bit of tone out of that rig before selling it.

Playing heavy and using Marshall and Mesa seems to fit together.

Comment

Don't Iceman us...
                    Haha, right! I'll try not to make this into an "N.A.D. Letdown " thread. Lol
                    Yowza!

Comment

If you get the DC combo, just get another single 1x12 and stack them vertically. They will look fine together.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Netty View Post
                        if you like the 900,but are simply curious then dont sell it. I had a DC5 combo for yrs...it is a good all purpose amp. 6L6's are different from the EL34s....when is the last time you retubed? How are your cables? Make sure you are wringing every last bit of tone out of that rig before selling it.

Playing heavy and using Marshall and Mesa seems to fit together.
                        I like my 900, but it's the only amp I've owned for the last several years. The tubes are JJ 6L6s, and I prefer them to EL34s personally. That's part of what interested me in the Caliber series in the first place. My amp sounds good to me, but there are so many others that I think sound better. I feel l like I might just be ready to move on to something different.
                        Yowza!

Comment

Originally posted by brunogio View Post
                          If you get the DC combo, just get another single 1x12 and stack them vertically. They will look fine together.
                          That's a good idea, but in the meantime, I may just get an amp stand and set it next to my 4x12.
                          Yowza!

Comment

I have a Mesa 1x12 with an EV, something like that with a 1x12 combo could keep up with a Marshall 1/2 stack easy, with the right speakers.

Comment

I have a Mesa 1x12 with an EV, something like that with a 1x12 combo could keep up with a Marshall 1/2 stack easy, with the right speakers.
                              +1000. EVMs are LOUD.

And if you really need that half-stack look, check into buying a head shell. I dont know if you can still get them from Mesa, but Im sure a fender style box will work if you get the right dimensions.

LP Custom
                              Greenbacks
                              Boss SD-1

Comment

Originally posted by Soulcrusher_X View Post
                                +1000. EVMs are LOUD.

And if you really need that half-stack look, check into buying a head shell. I dont know if you can still get them from Mesa, but Im sure a fender style box will work if you get the right dimensions.
                                You guys have some killer advice. Seriously.
                                Yowza!

Comment

Working...
                                X