Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 674

Thread: Bad Trader Alert

  1. #501
    Li'l Junior Member MetalManiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Marked Side of the Dune
    Posts
    15,522

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr 9finger View Post
    You waited 8 months to try a speaker out and want to complain that's it's messed up now? That's messed up man.
    Of course you'd play that angle. That much was garunteed from you.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

  2. #502
    Digitally Challenged Mr 9finger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,387

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    What angle is that? I'd like to see you try this at almost any retail store. They'd laugh in your face too.

    You waited 8 months to try something to see if it works, it doesn't, now you're complaining trying to make someone else look bad. Terminals on a speaker are the most likely things to get beat up when shipping a speaker anyway.

    Whatever. This is a complete waste of time. You can't win an argument with an idiot.
    Last edited by Mr 9finger; 08-26-2012 at 07:30 PM.
    Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

  3. #503
    Mojo's Minions ItsaBass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,851

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    Why the heck does it cost $60 to replace a speaker terminal?
    Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat View Post
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOLLY View Post
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

  4. #504
    Digitally Challenged Mr 9finger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,387

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    LMMFAO! YOU of all people, calling me white trash! LOL! That's got to be the funniest thing I've read on here in a long time!

    At any rate, if I bought something, be it a pickup or a $2000 amp and I was to dam lazy to get out of my computer chair and hook it up for 8 months to check and see if it worked, I'd chalk up to my own stupidity and call it a loss. I sure in the hell would not be asking for a refund and I wouldn't get on the bad trader forum and try to trash someone.
    Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

  5. #505
    Seymour Duncan Customer Support sosomething's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Voidship Earthling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    16,429

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalManiac View Post
    Whatever ******nozzle. When I sell a speaker it works. It works 100%. Period. It deosnt just work for just awhile, it works always. If it deosnt work, I take it back. No questions asked..that has no time limit. This guy, 'ZZMOOre', wrote me a nice little note about how I was a human piece of dogsquat..but thats between me and him.
    Sell something. Sell it as working. Stand behind it.But i guess your cheap white trash ethics can't encompass that.
    I don't know, Jerry. I think if I sold a guy something, and over half a year later, he came back at me wanting a refund, I'd probably tell him to take a hike too... unless he could prove to me that the issue wasn't something that happened while it was in his possession.

    I mean, I wouldn't sell something I knew had some undisclosed problem, but think about it... would you expect anyone to just leave a new item lying around for 8 months before trying it?

    "Damn, I need some cash and all I have to sell is this busted speaker. I KNOW! I'll sell it to Jerry! That lazy SOB will let it collect dust for months before he tests it and then it will be too late! I HAVE DISCOVERED THE PERFECT CRIME."

    No way. Any normal buyer would have come back within a week and said "you sold me a messed up speaker," and I'd be all like "ok, send it back. Here's your refund."
    -Adam

    Hear or Follow my music:

  6. #506
    Ultimate Tone Slacker rumblebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, TX
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,675

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    holy jesus balls. this is the first time i've ever looked at this thread. i've done probably 30 deals on this forum with no issues that i can remember... just lucky i guess.
    Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

  7. #507
    Rebelyellologist
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Celebrating Sobriety for over 2 years
    Age
    42
    Posts
    16,819

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    I hate to do this, but I have had a bad trading experience with Tom Holmes.

    I agreed to buy the "Magic Bullet" from him that was supposed to have been used in the JFK assassination. It was supposed to have came with a Certificate of Authenticity, signed by J. Edgar Hoover and the members of the Warren Commission. All I received was a flattened .22 caliber bullet along with some grainy video gifs and a letter from him stating that the driver did it.

    Watch out for this guy.

  8. #508
    Lovely BIG Starologist bluesbend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Foothills of the Cascades
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,730

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

  9. #509
    Something Cool uOpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA, USA
    Posts
    17,274

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    Nah, MM, you need to take a step back here. Even from your words you look worse than your perceived opponent. And in any case there is nothing here that is worth bringing up in the bad trader thread.
    Last edited by uOpt; 10-18-2012 at 12:53 PM.

  10. #510
    Amira-Maker
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,483

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    Well this thread has been a fun read...Learned some stuff...I'm glad that the people I'm currently doing deals with are wonderful.

  11. #511
    Mojo's Minions Laughing Kookaburra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Posts
    3,775

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucid_Lunatic View Post
    I hate to do this, but I have had a bad trading experience with Tom Holmes.

    I agreed to buy the "Magic Bullet" from him that was supposed to have been used in the JFK assassination. It was supposed to have came with a Certificate of Authenticity, signed by J. Edgar Hoover and the members of the Warren Commission. All I received was a flattened .22 caliber bullet along with some grainy video gifs and a letter from him stating that the driver did it.

    Watch out for this guy.
    I've read this several times, and I still laugh each time.

  12. #512
    Toneologist Jolly_Rancher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    Well, unfortunately, my purchase of 3 strat pickups from Ubermetaldood has turned negative. I paid him a couple extra bucks vis paypal and he throws them in s crappy single piece of bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts. Well the starting strand of the bridge pickup broke st the solder joint at some point in time... And his response was that I made mistakes. I just find it fishy that he insured the package. Nobody does that. Then he told me to fix it and to deal with it like a man, hence this negative feedback.

  13. #513
    Something Cool uOpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA, USA
    Posts
    17,274

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    Crappy packaging of Strat pickups that have the wire around the bobbin should be a jailable offense. I had pickups break the same way in shipping.

  14. #514
    JustAskinologist cream123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    MN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,509

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Rancher View Post
    Well, unfortunately, my purchase of 3 strat pickups from Ubermetaldood has turned negative. I paid him a couple extra bucks vis paypal and he throws them in s crappy single piece of bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts. Well the starting strand of the bridge pickup broke st the solder joint at some point in time... And his response was that I made mistakes. I just find it fishy that he insured the package. Nobody does that. Then he told me to fix it and to deal with it like a man, hence this negative feedback.
    Although it does sound fishy, I don't think insurance is a reason to be suspicious. I insure all of my packages, and I never ship anything that's broken. Its just a safety. Sorry to hear about your loss, it sounds fishy overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilphody View Post
    There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

  15. #515
    Toneologist Jolly_Rancher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    It was more of the way he started listing ways I messed up after I asked for $25 refunded or one of his other bridge pickups.
    Last edited by Jolly_Rancher; 02-10-2013 at 09:00 PM.

  16. #516
    Toneologist Jolly_Rancher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    And thanks guys. I already ordered a Seymour Duncan SSL-3 :-)

  17. #517
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,896

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    JollyRancher is a liar and not telling you the whole story either. We discussed the pickups at length. I sent him detailed pictures for him to inspect, then verified that everything was to his liking before shipping. I used a small box, secured the pickups individually rolled in bubble wrap, and stuffed the rest of the box with peanuts. By all accounts, it was a professional packing job. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the pickups whatsoever when they shipped.

    I received a message from him stating the following: "Yeah they took forever... Anyways, I just got them. They look good and I checked the resistances. Just FYI, The bridge is about 2.4k ohms higher than neck and middle. Thanks, and I'll leave you some good feedback in the trader forum."

    Then we exchanged a series of messages that read as follows:

    Ubermetaldood: "Cool. Glad to hear everything came through well. I love the sound of single coils, but I just don't use them very much. I have several strats with stock middle pickups and I've since completely disengaged them and changed to 3-way switches. I only leave them there so I don't have to buy new pick guards. Anyway, I might have two American Deluxe strats coming in. The new NS3 pickups are superb. They're better than the Sammarium Cobalt pickups that Fender used before. They're actually stacked so there's no hum. I'll be selling them though to convert the strats to an HH configuration so let me know if you're interested."

    JollyRancher: "So the bridge pickup reads a resistance, but it 's not outputting any sound and I noticed one of the copper strands is loose."

    Ubermetaldood: "Yeah that's happened to me before. You have to be real careful with those things because they're delicate. There are a couple of easy fixes. First, you can (very carefully) unwind the little wire one turn and resolder. The 2nd solution is to connect both ends with copper shielding. All you have to do is solder the ends of the strands to the copper shielding. Make sure the strand is taut. You don't want it to be loose."

    JollyRancher: "No, it wasn't anything I did while installing them because the resistance is the same as when I pulled them out of the bubble wrap. Also, the strand isn't disconnected. It's just loose around the pickup kinda... but the last ends are still connected to the posts............ and I'm not sure what you mean about the copper shielding because there is none on these pickups."

    JollyRancher: "OK I looked at it and the INSIDE (starting of the wind) strand is the one that broke at the soldering post. So, there's no way to fix it, since you can't pull it out or unwind one turn... It's dead. I'd appreciate either a refund of $25 or send me a bridge pickup from the other set.

    Thanks "


    Ubermetaldood: "Ok, I'll initiate a shipping claim. I'll need pictures of the outside and inside of the box and pictures of the damage to the pickup."

    JollyRancher: "The box was fine from the shipper, and I threw it away. Let me ask you something since you did insure the pickups which are not worth very much... Did you know the pickup was dead and insure it so you could file a claim and get reimbursed? Because that's what it seems like to me, unless you just packaged them poorly. Honestly throwing them in a second hand piece of bubble wrap wasn't the smartest way to ship these. Honestly there is no way you can make out with the shipping insurance claim. They had no part in it. The box was fine. It's on you, buddy."

    Ubermetaldood: "Hey, I packaged those pickups securely and with care as evidenced by the bubble wrap and peanuts used to fit it securely in the box. I inspected those pickups with scrutiny before I shipped them. YOU claim the box was fine yet you threw it away. You also stated the following after receiving them: "Yeah they took forever... Anyways, I just got them. They look good and I checked the resistances. Just FYI, The bridge is about 2.4k ohms higher than neck and middle. Thanks, and I'll leave you some good feedback in the trader forum."

    You seemed to have inspected them carefully as you even went through the trouble of checking resistances. I find it odd that you would not have noticed a flaw to begin with. Your throwing away of the box indicates that you were satisfied with the condition of the pickups. By throwing away the box and not getting photo evidence of the packaging, you make it impossible for me to file a claim. I know they were in supreme condition and packaged meticulously, so either YOU messed it up when tinkering with it, or something happened during shipping.

    You screwed up first by throwing the package away and not documenting the shipment. You screwed up again when you stated that the pickups were in good condition and that you would leave good feedback. You screwed up a third time by offending me with your stupid accusation, so it's ON YOU buddy. It's your problem so you deal with it. Don't even think about leaving negative feedback because A). You said in writing that you would leave positive feedback B). I have written documentation from you of our conversations.

    You screwed up so deal with it like a man."

  18. #518
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,896

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    Clearly, JollyRancher is the one in the wrong here.

    A.) I offered to make a shipping claim as I know for a fact the pickups were packaged securely. Either he screwed it up or it was damaged during shipping.
    B.) He inspected the pickups thoroughly and promised to leave good feedback which clearly indicates that the pickups arrived in good order.
    C.) He threw the packaging away which leaves no room for a claim because he failed to even show me the evidence. I still haven't even seen a picture of the damaged pickup.
    D.) When I tried to resolve the issue for him, he responded with a dirty accusation. He accused me of shipping 3 pickups with the foreknowledge that one of them was damaged in order to make a shipping claim later. First of all, that's a totally absurd accusation. Second, that's not the way to respond to someone when they're trying to resolve a trade problem.
    E.) Apparently the other pickups are perfectly fine. In fact, he claims a copper strand is "loose" - not broken. Therefore, the damage is minimal and could have easily been replaced or repaired if he had handled the deal appropriately.

    He lost me when he started making stupid accusations. Since he threw away the box and has no evidence whatsoever that would indicate to me that he wasn't the one who screwed up the pickup, it's all on him now. I tried to help the guy out.

    As you can see clearly from the written evidence, I handled the matter reliably and rationally. It was JollyRancher who made the mistakes, responded irrationally, and lied to you about what actually took place.
    Last edited by UberMetalDood; 02-10-2013 at 09:52 PM.

  19. #519
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,896

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    UPDATE:

    JollyRancher, you just got busted in a lie!


    Today, Jolly Rancher filed this claim with Paypal:


    "I am requesting a partial refund of $27.60 for 1/3 of the cost of the 3 pieces purchased because one of them doesn't work and is defective. I was assured that they were in functional, like-new condition, but there are visible burn marks, missing screws and hardware, and scratches on the pickup covers."

    However, after initially receiving the items, JollyRancher sent me this message:

    "Yeah they took forever... Anyways, I just got them. They look good and I checked the resistances. Just FYI, The bridge is about 2.4k ohms higher than neck and middle. Thanks, and I'll leave you some good feedback in the trader forum."

    JollyRancher obviously contradicted his own statements. He has lied to me, lied to the forum, and lied to Paypal. He STILL has not provided ANY evidence, and anything he submits now is after the fact and contrived. He is not trustworthy and I recommend not doing any business with him in the future. JollyRancher - you are not an honorable trader.

  20. #520
    Toneologist Jolly_Rancher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

    I was trying to be nice to you and not nit-pick, but you dragged it down to this level. The fact is, and since you're being uncooperative and rude, that you didn't include the hardware and there was marks on the pickups.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •