This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad Trader Alert

Yeah I saw him giving you the low down on wanting to make you wait. I figured I'd let him have first dibs even though he did me wrong. I'd be interested in them if he flaked.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1
      Just his lacksidaisical "oh well your loss...." kinda attitude makes me wary of trading with anyone under the age of 40. Steer clear unless you are willing to be very patient, and even then you are taking a gamble whether you will get what you paid for. I think I have been very patient with him. So much for patience.
      I find doubtful attitude towards us youngsters a very strong pre-assumption. All my trades went excellent (ask Captaincruch and MRID), and I'm not even near that age, so please don't make these remarks about us, it might leave a bad taste with other people. Did you pay extra for those screws and springs? If you did, I believe you have every right to be totally pissed and I could understand you posting things you don't mean, but if you didn't I think it just adds up to our reps. Something I find very hurting over things worth only a couple of bucks (your bucks yes, but also our reps).

EDIT: I'm not trying to smooth talk you into trusting dalastcaff, I want nothing to do with that matter and I believe he was wrong in both ways. Just thought I'd clear that up
      Last edited by Neeradj; 04-11-2004, 08:48 AM.
      Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
      Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
      Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
      Marshall 2x12 Vintage
      Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

hey, im 15 and i have been a very good trader!
        esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
        fender mim standard strat
        peavey classic 30
        johnson j-station
        original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
        dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
        yamaha f-310p acoustic
        taylor 410 acoustic
        "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

I have had an ongoing problem with Dalastecaffeine, as I bought a set of Carvin pickups from him and I specifically asked beforehand if they came with screws and springs (as I ask that with any pickup purchase online), he said yes. I get them and no screws /springs. He keeps telling me he is sending them out, and said last week he sent them out (and this is a transaction that has taken place over 2 months ago... ).

Just his lacksidaisical "oh well your loss...." kinda attitude makes me wary of trading with anyone under the age of 40. Steer clear unless you are willing to be very patient, and even then you are taking a gamble whether you will get what you paid for. I think I have been very patient with him. So much for patience.
          Didn't that used to be over 30
          His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by slightly_rude
            BentChristian was to trade me a strat pickguard with Texas Specials for my black SH-12. He received the Demon and I got nothing and no response to emails. He has not posted on the old forum since Feb. 7th.

I guess his forum handle was appropriate.
            wow thats my birthday........
            Down at the edge, close by a river.
            Close to the edge, round by the corner.
            Close to the end, down by the corner.
            Down at the edge, round by the river.

Comment

....Just his lacksidaisical "oh well your loss...." kinda attitude makes me wary of trading with anyone under the age of 40. .....)
              Ther e are people under 40 here that run reputable businesses, and I think it´s fair to say at least 50% of the members are under 40.

I´ve done trades with 16 years olds and had great experiences, and have likewise been shafted by 50+ year olds (not here). I think that generalization is more than unfair

Bad apples can be found everywhere, but if you´re careful you´ll rarely be the one that has to eat one
              Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Neeradj
                I find doubtful attitude towards us youngsters a very strong pre-assumption. All my trades went excellent (ask Captaincruch and MRID), and I'm not even near that age, so please don't make these remarks about us, it might leave a bad taste with other people. Did you pay extra for those screws and springs? If you did, I believe you have every right to be totally pissed and I could understand you posting things you don't mean, but if you didn't I think it just adds up to our reps. Something I find very hurting over things worth only a couple of bucks (your bucks yes, but also our reps).

EDIT: I'm not trying to smooth talk you into trusting dalastcaff, I want nothing to do with that matter and I believe he was wrong in both ways. Just thought I'd clear that up
                I don't think its the fact the guy screwed him out of a couple of bucks but the principle of it, the guy said he'd put in the screws and springs and he did not...
                but still im only 17 and ive had smooth trades , not to mention live overseas to all the trades i've had..
                Marshall JVM 410C
                Mesa Boogie DC-3
                ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
                1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
                2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
                2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
                1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
                2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
                1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Originally posted by y2stevo
                  I don't think its the fact the guy screwed him out of a couple of bucks but the principle of it, the guy said he'd put in the screws and springs and he did not...
                  but still im only 17 and ive had smooth trades , not to mention live overseas to all the trades i've had..
                  True! And i think the age generalisation is unfair, like y2stevo im young, and have had smooth trades, and am oversees!
                  Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
                  Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
                  Korg AX1500G multi-fx
                  RAT
                  Boss PH-1r
                  Ibanez cf-7
                  Ibanwz ts-7
                  Danelectro tremolo
                  Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

****ING HAILS GUYS
                    i´m dealing with Dalastcaffeine and he didn´t sent messages to me for weeks, months..
                    he had o send me a tascam portstudio but nothing arrived yet
                    but i didn´t SEND the marshall shredmaster handmade that we dealt for the trade.
                    just waiting for his Tascam to send the Shredmaster
                    Q:/
                    Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
                    Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
                    Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
                    Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
                    Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
                    Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
                    Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                    Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Smart move, Bro !!!! If y'all ever trade with me, I'll give ya my ebay name so you can check me out. If a seller/trading partner is honest, they should have nothing to hide. It's a shame that some folks scam others.
                      Only The Strong Survive

Comment

warren lee lynch passed away from cardiac arrest a while back, i took lessons from him a few years ago and know his sister. that is why he is not sending any Emails or on the forum anymore
                        Last edited by RG 2570; 04-30-2004, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RG 2570
                          warren lee lynch passed away from cardiac arrest a while back, i took lessons from him a few years ago and know his sister. that is why he is not sending any Emails or on the forum anymore
                          Forum member RG 2570 sent me a PM about this and I want to apologize to anyone on the forums that was Warren Lee Lynchs friend or just knew him from the forum . Had I had know he passed away I would have never posted him on the bad trader list . This taught me a lesson , yes there are people that will scam you ,there are also people that are honest and deserve a chance to explain what the problem is before they get flamed on . Unfortunatley forums member Warren Lee Lynch didn`t get that chance . Again I`m very sorry.
                          When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Originally posted by 51501984
                            Forum member RG 2570 sent me a PM about this and I want to apologize to anyone on the forums that was Warren Lee Lynchs friend or just knew him from the forum . Had I had know he passed away I would have never posted him on the bad trader list . This taught me a lesson , yes there are people that will scam you ,there are also people that are honest and deserve a chance to explain what the problem is before they get flamed on . Unfortunatley forums member Warren Lee Lynch didn`t get that chance . Again I`m very sorry.
                            Its always sad to hear of the passing of one of our forum bro's, but there's no way you could have anticipated, or known about something like this.

Please don't beat yourself up over this. It was a logical conclusion to come to given the circumstances.

Comment

To all who knew him, ...very, very sorry to hear this.
                              Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Whoa, WLL sounded like a real cool dude, and was great for some 80's rock banter. I am very sorry to hear this.
                                Originally posted by Scott_F
                                On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Working...
                                X