X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad Trader Alert

Originally posted by beandip
    Hey, Mclaughly. I know that you think I scammed you, and I'm sorry about it man. As soon as I come into some cash (which should be soon, I dont have anymore bills to pay) I'll send you $300. You can keep the bass. Just to try and clear everything up between us man. You accept my offer?
    Dustin, that is a REALLY great thing to hear

i deffinitly accept the offer. through talking to you outside of the deal itself i could tell that your an awesome guy. its shame the deal went the way it did but thats past.

once you arrange everything ill delete all posts about you on this thread.

as far as the bass, if you would like that returned, thats fine by me, its just laying around the house here.

thanks a lot man

Comment

Originally posted by RG 2570
      warren lee lynch passed away from cardiac arrest a while back, i took lessons from him a few years ago and know his sister. that is why he is not sending any Emails or on the forum anymore
      Sorry I just had to post this:

I know it's a rather late reply, but I haven't checked this section in awhile now. WLL helped me out a lot, he could always give me excellent advise and never minded convincing me of it. He was the guy who actually understood my sound and went along with it to give me advise. A great example would be the time he convinced me of using the demon in the neck and how to make it sound good. He always knew exactly what he was talking about.

As he was one of my most favorite forum members, I'd have to say I was very shocked by the news. I hope he finds the right place in our hearts, because he defenitely deserves it.
      Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
      Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
      Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
      Marshall 2x12 Vintage
      Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

Originally posted by McLaughysSN
        dspite my bad experience with the burnt bass i received, i have gotten GREAT deals from other forumites and still do trades on here and ebay all the time.. you take the pros with the cons, i dont really fear much if the trader seems honest, plus other percautions can be taken. i learned my lesson, therefore im a stronger person from it
        My friend - seriously - I saw the photo's of the burnt merchandise. If I understand all of it correctly, then what you have is: You made a deal in good faith and had a reasonable expectation of the goods being delivered to you in relatively good condition and represented as having an amount of normal wear you would expect from such a used cash of goods, and that guy beandip or fatstrat guy delivered THAT stuff to your door - then this dude purposefully misrepresented the merchandise and riped you good man, and you have legal recourse. You should sue him pronto - you would win handsdown in about 10 seconds. Nobody should suffer that kind of misrepresentation, and you are a victiem of a criminal act. That dude may be "cool" in your book, but I think you might want to re-examine a little bit bro - this "friend" ripped you clean. Seriously lame. And if you are reading this too, FatStratman - you know what you should do? You should send the guy his money back, and have him return the damaged goods to you, and you should absolutely profoundly apologize - that transaction was seriously f.cked dude - really.
        Always be weary when buying things from people you don't know very well. This advice is sound and is directed at myself too. One idea to perhaps employ is make the transactiopn contingent upon your inspection, or, the seller must have a reputable music store person look the stuff over and confirm it's condition before any money changes hands. Or even have the seller agree to a 24 hour free trial, then pay or send it back while paying the guy's shipping costs both ways - that would be reasonable. Man - I'm really sorry this happend to you, and some of the other guys who shared horror stories here in this thread - yeesh - I can't imagien that - I just can't relate to why someone would be so cheesy like that. No honor at all. Just lameness. It's just sad....

Anyway - good luck

Comment

Originally posted by GoMano
          My friend - seriously - I saw the photo's of the burnt merchandise. If I understand all of it correctly, then what you have is: You made a deal in good faith and had a reasonable expectation of the goods being delivered to you in relatively good condition and represented as having an amount of normal wear you would expect from such a used cash of goods, and that guy beandip or fatstrat guy delivered THAT stuff to your door - then this dude purposefully misrepresented the merchandise and riped you good man, and you have legal recourse. You should sue him pronto - you would win handsdown in about 10 seconds. Nobody should suffer that kind of misrepresentation, and you are a victiem of a criminal act. That dude may be "cool" in your book, but I think you might want to re-examine a little bit bro - this "friend" ripped you clean. Seriously lame. And if you are reading this too, FatStratman - you know what you should do? You should send the guy his money back, and have him return the damaged goods to you, and you should absolutely profoundly apologize - that transaction was seriously f.cked dude - really.
          Always be weary when buying things from people you don't know very well. This advice is sound and is directed at myself too. One idea to perhaps employ is make the transactiopn contingent upon your inspection, or, the seller must have a reputable music store person look the stuff over and confirm it's condition before any money changes hands. Or even have the seller agree to a 24 hour free trial, then pay or send it back while paying the guy's shipping costs both ways - that would be reasonable. Man - I'm really sorry this happend to you, and some of the other guys who shared horror stories here in this thread - yeesh - I can't imagien that - I just can't relate to why someone would be so cheesy like that. No honor at all. Just lameness. It's just sad....

Anyway - good luck
          While to some this would make sense, but personally. i think thats whats wrong with this country. people are sueing everyone left and right and over petty things.

while $300 is a lot of money, its not enough for me to carry a suit forth. my faith in other people may get me in this type of situation but that was only my lack of reading deeper into the situation. if i went with a lawsuit, i would feel that i am contributing to the demise of something as good as Ebay, the trading post here and other online trading organizations.. most run off a portion if not a majority of people just generally having faith.

with all of this gospel mumbo jumbo all of the way i bid you a good day

Comment

I don't believe this. Seriously am shocked now. WLL died. ****!!!!!!! That's sad!

Definitely deserves a sticky somewhere. no? I mean that guy has been one of the real contributors to this board. Scott_F you are the man, you decide.

B
            FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Well I got screwed from Nevemind

First of all he posts his listing as a

*BRAND NEW* Tascam Portastudio MF-P01 for only $40!

So I buy the thing. When it arrives,

1) It does not have the original power supply that comes with the thing.
              2) The bottom is all scratched up
              3) The tape lid is broken and just bouncing around inside the box

He was very fast to reply when I was buying the thing but when I e-mailed him, IM'ed him, and even posted through this Forum he wouldn't reply.

I finally filed a complaint through Paypal just to get his attention and then he e-mails me. Of course he still hasn't answered my questions or replied to them.

At least it's only $40 but that is doesn't exuse it.

Heck when I was 15 I had a job and my own car that I paid for. I guess this child shouldn't even be allowed to be online.

Comment

OMG, I really need to look at this list more often.

RIP Warren Lee, I´d already started to wonder where you are, but this is not what I´d have expected. And far from what I would have hoped for.
                Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by 59paul
                  Smart move, Bro !!!! If y'all ever trade with me, I'll give ya my ebay name so you can check me out. If a seller/trading partner is honest, they should have nothing to hide. It's a shame that some folks scam others.
                  Great idea. My eBay feedback is at 633, 100% positive. That's one thing good about dealing on eBay.......you get a pretty good idea of who you're about to deal with, BEFORE you commit to sending them your $$.

Mike
                  Forrester Kustoms, LLC
                  Guitar Repair & Service
                  Over 20 Years Experience
                  www.myspace.com/bluzboy66

Comment

I cannot remember the traders name but i traded a pickup out of my then new hamer standard for a dimebucker. I sent the hamer pickup-never got the dimebucker. Basically got screwed. I will NEVER trade for guitar stuff online again. It's not the idea of getting screwed that was the worst but i had a guitar down for awhile until i could order a new pickup from black rose. It has been quite awhile back but i'm pretty sure i have the e-mail printed out in one of my guitar files somewhere. Thats allright. I hope he enjoys the years of intense rectal itching that i have had a witchdoctor hex on him.LOL

Comment

Drew_Half_Empty backed out on a deal that we made for his Hot Rod Deluxe. We had both agreed to a price, then he comes up with a story that "Someone locally offered him more" for the amp. That was after waiting for about 3 days to put the transaction through. Beware of trading with him.

Comment

Originally posted by yigba
                        Drew_Half_Empty backed out on a deal that we made for his Hot Rod Deluxe. We had both agreed to a price, then he comes up with a story that "Someone locally offered him more" for the amp. That was after waiting for about 3 days to put the transaction through. Beware of trading with him.
                        WOW he Played me the same way
                        His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo
                          I don't believe this. Seriously am shocked now. WLL died. ****!!!!!!! That's sad!

Definitely deserves a sticky somewhere. no? I mean that guy has been one of the real contributors to this board. Scott_F you are the man, you decide.

B
                          Wow, too little too late. I just read this. I never come into this post because my dealings have usually been pretty good. WTF? Warren was a cool dude.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Now I have a question for you guys... a while back I was selling my Seymour Duncan ESP Strat that went to Mattt finally and all was good in that transaction.

Prior to that, I had a deal worked out with a younger member here that wanted to buy it. I got several weeks of excuses, Mom sent the money order, then I got some bizzaro PMs that were eventually attributed to a "friend" that had stolen his password.... So, I just sold it to Mattt who turned out to be trustworthy and appreciative of the axe.

Since the deal never went down, I'm not sure I can classify it as a bad trade. I've been struggling with this for a few months now as to whether to post any of this or not. Needless to say, I don't believe a word that he posts in any of these forums at this point.

My question is, should I name a name here or just let it go because nothing actually exchanged hands after weeks of what turns out were lies?

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
                              My question is, should I name a name here or just let it go because nothing actually exchanged hands after weeks of what turns out were lies?

I'd say name the name, if not only to warn others but it might even make them think twice about acting that way in the future...

If you don't want to be named in this thread, don't earn it IMO.
                              After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
                                This is a bit of a tough question to answer, just because there is a certain amount of drama in this particular thread. But at the same time, its not like you're saying there "bad", just relating a true story as it happened. "They" then can answer the charge, and present their side.

If their side was as simple as: "Sorry . . . I screwed up." That would go a long way towards cutting them future slack. But at least, folks could decide for themselves whether or not to deal with that person.

Comment

Working...
                                X