• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad Trader Alert

Great points there.
    After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

I trade a lot, and do my best to stay outta this thread Scott, if you don't post somebody, it could be a future pain in the ass for another of us. If he's still an active member, you should post it.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

pots teh crap out of his name
        ahahahahaahah
        Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
        Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
        Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
        Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
        Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
        Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
        Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
        Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

I'd like to know that name as well, please don't hesitate about posting a name like that unless you have very little proof, because it'll do all of us good. I've come to trust people on this forum and I just wouldn't want some guy to screw it up for all of us.
          Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
          Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
          Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
          Marshall 2x12 Vintage
          Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

Scott, you should post his name so we can come to our own conclusions and be wary of dealing with him. Another member might get taken the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
              ....Another member might get taken the same way.
              Thatīs exactly Scottīs point: Nobody got "Taken", nothing ever exchanged hands except the cash, which I assume was refunded. In essence, if anything Scott would have been in the "bad trader position", because the other guy sent the funds and THEN "problems" started, and therefore could have gone nuts had he not received his refund.

Iīd say let it rest, keep the name, but remember it as well. Just in case

I find the "double post" about DHE and the Hot Rod deluxe much more disturbing as a potential customer. Will he back out after Iīve already payed him, as well? Sellerīs Remorse is NOT a reason to back out of a deal, just like buyerīs Remorse is no reason not to pay for something

Kids these days, no morals, no sense of good and bad/right and wrong, no respect........But of course they never do ANYTHING wrong, itīs never their fault, and the world is such a bad place.... Now do you guys understand why I canīt stand EMO?
              Last edited by Zerberus; 02-27-2005, 08:46 AM.
              Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Scott, if all he did was back out I would say don't name him BUT he did more than that, he sent false/untrue messages to you and strung you along maybe in hopes you would send the guitar based on the message that his mother had sent the money order. sorry but this smells of something that happened a while ago on here when some kid told another member that he had sent the money (or would) and in good faith the other guy sent the guitar. The kid used the excuse that the member he screwed shouldn't be upset because he makes a lot of money so he shouldn't miss the guitar. He posted under different names, etc, etc. Eventually the guy who was screwed got in touch with this kids parents only to find out that this kid had a history of stealing checks from his parents etc. Any way that kids name was never posted either - could this be him under a new name, I don't know but I would say be fair to those of us who havn't scerwed anyone and post the name - he can respond if he likes.
                Sorry I don't remember either member's name involved in that last incident - maybe someone else does, it was a big thing in the off topic area.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                  Thatīs exactly Scottīs point: Nobody got "Taken", nothing ever exchanged hands except the cash, which I assume was refunded. In essence, if anything Scott would have been in the "bad trader position", because the other guy sent the funds and THEN "problems" started, and therefore could have gone nuts had he not received his refund.

Iīd say let it rest, keep the name, but remember it as well. Just in case

I find the "double post" about DHE and the Hot Rod deluxe much more disturbing as a potential customer. Will he back out after Iīve already payed him, as well? Sellerīs Remorse is NOT a reason to back out of a deal, just like buyerīs Remorse is no reason not to pay for something

Kids these days, no morals, no sense of good and bad/right and wrong, no respect........But of course they never do ANYTHING wrong, itīs never their fault, and the world is such a bad place.... Now do you guys understand why I canīt stand EMO?
                  I agree with everything you said except for the last paragraph. I think that's an unfair generalization. Just because one person has a bad track record, don't immediately stereotype all kids. While I haven't done any trades on this forum yet, I can say, looking through the Good Trader Alert, there are other kids my age (NOTE! Younger than DHE) that have received tons of praises in that thread. And please don't bring emo into this. That just destroys so much credibility by relating this "trend" to emo.
                  '04 Schecter C-1 Plus (TB-4 JB/SH-2n Jazz)

Comment

I'll just say this, the kid never sent me the money, after his week of rants preceeded by his ignoring my inquirieis, then lies about it was sent... (and of course, the claim that his PC was taken over by a friend or brother or soemone that was credited with the rants) then as I stopped the deal, telling him I was no longer comfortable. That was it. At some point he came back with a line about "well, I have the money order in my hand, if you really want to not sell it to me..." blah blah blah.

I'll just say this. If you're dealing with someone under the age of 18, you might want to contact their parents first, even if it would be a long distance call to Canada. Or, you might request a reference on this forum by posting... " has anyone dealt with XXXXXXXX? "

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Jag513
                      .... I think that's an unfair generalization. Just because one person has a bad track record, don't immediately stereotype all kids.....
                      ....Just as it is to assume that I donīt have MUUCH more experience with minors and am founding this on the postings of another.

I donīt feel that all kids are bad, but a VERY large portion of them thinks that theyīre the ****, not realizing (or even trying to, no listening to any form of Rhyme or Reason) that at this point in their lives they only smell that way because they refuse to shower

A good portion of the blame also goes to the parents and to our society in General, though. But spreading blame doesnīt solve problems, doing something about them does...

Add btw, the "EMO Comment" was just a semi-joke at the end, because exactly those are the gist of quite a few of the EMO Vocals out there
                      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F

I'll just say this. If you're dealing with someone under the age of 18, you might want to contact their parents first, even if it would be a long distance call to Canada. Or, you might request a reference on this forum by posting... " has anyone dealt with XXXXXXXX? "
                        Or check out the good traders page... to see if they are located on there..., to be fair... there are many under 18's who i wouldnt hesitate to deal with!! ok, i am under 18 myself, but that shouldnt retract ppl from the idea of trading with someone!! Id hate to see ppl listing "For sale, effects pedal, over 18's only!"

But i think Scott has a point! Surely thats what the good traders and bad traders pages are for!
                        Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
                        Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
                        Korg AX1500G multi-fx
                        RAT
                        Boss PH-1r
                        Ibanez cf-7
                        Ibanwz ts-7
                        Danelectro tremolo
                        Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

....Just as it is to assume that I donīt have MUUCH more experience with minors and am founding this on the postings of another.

A good portion of the blame also goes to the parents and to our society in General, though. But spreading blame doesnīt solve problems, doing something about them does...

Add btw, the "EMO Comment" was just a semi-joke at the end, because exactly those are the gist of quite a few of the EMO Vocals out there
                          You're right, I'm assuming a limited experience, and I shouldn't...but on this forum, the majority of young members who have done business with other forum members are on the Good Trader Alert Thread. And also considering that I have traded with many people, most of whom were under 18, and many through the internet, I just think it's unfair to generalize like that when it really is such a small percentage. Yes, there will probably be more younger kids who will cause problems, but it's still a fairly small percentage compared to the true people IMO.

And I kind of thought the emo comment was a joke, but still...seeing one of the threads really elucidated some stuff for me. Lo Wang started a thread in the Sound Room asking what emo and nu-metal were so that he could hate them. The way I see it, it's okay if you understand it and don't like it, but to not know what it is and have a pre-influenced negative bias is just wrong. FYI, I really don't care if people hate emo, since everyone has their tastes, it's just when they say crap about it that influences other people, even if they're joking, that pisses me off.

I donīt feel that all kids are bad, but a VERY large portion of them thinks that theyīre the ****, not realizing (or even trying to, no listening to any form of Rhyme or Reason) that at this point in their lives they only smell that way because they refuse to shower
                          I'll agree with you there. There are a lot of people like that. But what can you do, eh? People will be idiots, but will grow up in time. Everyone's guilty of it though sometime. Even people who have grown up are guilty of it sometimes.

Scott, your suggestion to call parents of people under 18 is a good one though.
                          '04 Schecter C-1 Plus (TB-4 JB/SH-2n Jazz)

Comment

Hey Scott... I think the kid have been warned already... chances are he already read your post and will stop fooling around.

As for people bashing younger people, I personnally think youger people on this board are cooler, more open-minded and smarter than most people of my age and over. So please to anyone, stop generalizing.

Anyone who feels smarter just because they're older actually only shows how dumb they are.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
                            Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Comment

amen, i've had half a dozen or so good trades on this forum!

if you're going to do anything, make the kid send the item or money first. that way, no problems?

tom

Comment

no problems. my point was under 18 and in canada. 'nuff said.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Working...
                                X