Joyo pedals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joyo pedals.

I've recently become aware of this Chinese company using a Japanese name, making pedals that are copies of expensive pedals. They sound damm good...almost exactly like big name pedals. And they only cost $40 - $60.

Sound good, look good, and they're cheap.

I've seen the youtube shootouts between Joyo and name brand pedals, and it's veddy interesting. US Dream is a Suhr Riot etc.

I found this thread about Joyo, which was also interesting. Maybe they're like Samick, Maxon, and Behringer, in that they manufacture name brands, and also make their own line.

Now, I may want to try a few, as well as hear from those who have bought them. Are they really nice pedals that are cheap, or are they a gamble?

Scroll through everything they make, particularly under $50. They've got some enticing pedals.
    Get the best deals for joyo at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

Last edited by Gearjoneser; 07-08-2012, 12:29 AM.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Re: Joyo pedals.

Been some talk on here. Word is some, like joyo crunch, aren't as good sounding as the real deal. They're metal but reportedly very thin metal.

Comment

I usually agree with most in that you 'get what you pay for.' But, you never know. It's fun to stumble upon something good and cheap. I don't even care about Dist pedals....I'm more interested in their OD, modulation, and delay pedals on the cheap.
      Last edited by Gearjoneser; 07-08-2012, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Ive tried the chorus. Rate is very limited. Nothing special in terms of sound.
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
          Ive tried the chorus. Rate is very limited. Nothing special in terms of sound.
          I always trust your opinion. I've never even seen one in real life.

I just keep seeing these cheap pedals in shootouts, and wonder about them.

I figure they are what they are....good $40 pedals. Eventually, it'll come out that some were gems, and the rest were crap, most likely.

Comment

They are pretty normal, and the boxes are standart Hammond knockoffs.....all the parts is what about 99% of the current pedal makers use nowadays....
            So they are probally easy to tweak, most stuff is just a few parts from ok to more fun

Comment

Some of these are very good. So good that freekish blues started buying them making a few minor tweaks then rehousing them and selling them as their own. for $200+

Then the stompbox reversing community caught them out and they've started making their own it seems now.

EDIT: Just checked the freakish site out and it seems they are now out of action as its non existant
              Last edited by Toe-Knee; 07-08-2012, 04:44 AM.
              Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
              WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Non Biased General Guitar forum
              http://fret.boards.net

Comment

If they are then Brian Scherzer and the rest of the shadies that run The Fraud Page will need a new kickback source. Maybe yet another amp maker who takes deposits and never delivers, and anyone who posts on The Fraud Page about it gets immediately banned.

Comment

I bought the JF-06 Vintage Phase about a month ago and I really like it. Great classic script phase tone (though I don't have an MXR to A/B with) and it's true bypass. It's quite lightweight (I think the case is aluminium), but the switch and jacks seem OK. I'm just reworking my pedalboard to fit it on. I'm thinking about picking up the Vintage Overdrive too. And maybe the Analog Delay...

Comment

All those boxes are of an alloy with aluminium, some more alu than others

Comment

I was told the carbon copy clone, it's just not , it's actually a digital delay in a box similar to MXR's CC, anyways there's always been beringher for cheap clones

Comment

Joyo is a knockoff company.
                        They use name brands and circuits from well know sources.

Comment

I got this pic from a local forum, this their CC "clone"

Check out the nice looking IC cd2399

Comment

Yeah actually a nice one, widespread IC, it is used like with an analouge signal path, then the delayed signal is mixed parallel with the original signal, thus there is no direct sound going through any converters, that way the signal is kept.
                            And if filtered well, it is a pleasent delay/echo.

Comment

Hmmm... at those prices, I might have to try out a Vintage Overdrive, maybe the EQ and possibly the Analog Delay for my g/f's fiddle.
                              Go Packers!

Comment

Working...
                              X