Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS:Custom Floating Trem Made of Titanium

Hi there,

One of my friend has a company named Hantug Custom Guitars and can build custom trems, saddles and as you may guess, guitars. Last week they have completed a brand new floating trem made all titanium. Trem block, saddles, baseplate and even the studs.

Hantug Titanium Guitar Tremolo with Titanium Saddles
    String Spacing: 52mm (E to E)

Tremolo Block : Titanium Ti6Al-4V (Grade 5)
    Base Plate : Titanium Ti6Al-4V (Grade 5)
    Baseplate : Titanium Ti6Al-4V (Grade 5)
    Mounting Studs : Titanium Ti6Al-4V (Grade 5)
    Tremolo Claw and springs are included.

$295

Hantug Custom Guitars is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Hantug Custom Guitars and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.

Official Author of Guitarism Section of SOUND Magazine, TR

Click Here to Guitarism Blog for Special Interviews, Reviews and Articles

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." — Frank Zappa

Re: FS:Custom Floating Trem Made of Titanium

thats a excellent price for pure titanium! wish he sold floyd style trems this cheap!
    Excellent deals with,
    Frank falbo,Rockstarnick,SrDeMaFp,Joyouswolf,SFW,gpengui ns
    Jacksontrader,Latsmcgee,IndySG,Ghostmaker,
    slaveunit,atreidesheir,appar111,ex-250,dominus,
    guitarkingdomworks,appar111,ginoames,chickencoop,
    51501984,guitarfreak,notesfield,raybarbeemusic,
    king izzo,Tone scavenger,Heem6,Checo,metalmachine,MetLking

Comment

Originally posted by SAVAGE DISTORTION View Post
      thats a excellent price for pure titanium! wish he sold floyd style trems this cheap!
      *HINT HINT, WINK WINK*
      -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
      I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

I could be down for a block and some saddles...
        -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
        “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Any U.S. distributors lined up, or are all sales shipping directly from Turkey?

Comment

Those are absolute beauties! Would love to see a Floyd Rose style too for sure.
            http://www.lonephantom.com
            http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

How well does she stay in tune though, the most important question.
              Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
              Ibanez RG1570 Custom
              PRS McCarty STD
              '71 Gibson SG Custom
              Bogner Alchemist 2x12
              Vox AD15VT

Comment

Originally posted by Great_Kazoo View Post
                I'm going to say probably not. They look identical to the Hipshot contour bridges. They might not be real happy about that unless this guy has a license from them.
                Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

THOSE ARE BEAUT'S

If he did one to replace the gibralter in my ibby RG7321, i could be down...

Comment

Don't recall seeing a vibrato bridge with those bearing points before.... Interesting.

I like it.

Comment

are those inserts and studs the standard size? as in, will those studs fit in to a regular FR insert?

if so, what does he sell just the studs for?

and will he be making Ti trem claws? and if he gets into FR stuff, don't forget Ti locking nuts.

Comment

Is that a roller cam instead of a knife edge on the one side? Being Titanium and a round surface I am assuming it would keep wear down to a minimum if at all correct? Not sure how the other side that has 2 nubs works.

Comment

Originally posted by SAVAGE DISTORTION View Post
                          Indeed. Floyd Upgrades sells Ti Floyd for almost $1000.

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
                          I could be down for a block and some saddles...
                          You can contact the seller via ebay or facebook page. Not sure about Ti block but they may have some extra saddles...

Originally posted by Great_Kazoo View Post
                          All sales are directly from manufacturer in Ankara, Turkey.

Originally posted by LonePhantom View Post
                          Those are absolute beauties! Would love to see a Floyd Rose style too for sure.
                          Floyd is virtually impossible, especially in short period of time. But i believe they will design a new two point tremolo to sell products to US.

Originally posted by BluesGuyJ View Post
                          How well does she stay in tune though, the most important question.
                          I really don't know. I own their traditional tremolos and fixed bridge and all i can say is they are functionally awesome.

Originally posted by Mr 9finger View Post
                          I'm going to say probably not. They look identical to the Hipshot contour bridges. They might not be real happy about that unless this guy has a license from them.
                          Yes. I've noticed the similarity now. As i've said just before, i really believe that they will be designing a new trem system, especially for US market. I believe because they are pretty capable of what they are doing. It is a company that produces parts and gear for aviation & defence industries and biomedical implants made of Ti.

On the other hand, for the other part of the world, license issues won't be a problem IMO just like Duncan can't produce double cream bobbins while Bare Knuckle from UK does. Maybe depends on the trademark or patent, i don't know

Originally posted by RobSoundtrack View Post
                          THOSE ARE BEAUT'S

If he did one to replace the gibralter in my ibby RG7321, i could be down...
                          They have great 6 string fixed bridge made of titanium. Contact them to make them produce a prototype for you?

Look at the bridge they made on the prototype guitar they'd made;

Plus, they have some other bridges, too.

Originally posted by LReese View Post
                          Don't recall seeing a vibrato bridge with those bearing points before.... Interesting.

I like it.
                          Indeed.

Originally posted by darthphineas View Post
                          are those inserts and studs the standard size? as in, will those studs fit in to a regular FR insert?

if so, what does he sell just the studs for?

and will he be making Ti trem claws? and if he gets into FR stuff, don't forget Ti locking nuts.
                          I'm not sure. But you can request the technical drawings from the via their facebook page or ebay.

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
                          Is that a roller cam instead of a knife edge on the one side? Being Titanium and a round surface I am assuming it would keep wear down to a minimum if at all correct? Not sure how the other side that has 2 nubs works.
                          I don't know well since i haven't seen them myself
                          Official Author of Guitarism Section of SOUND Magazine, TR

Click Here to Guitarism Blog for Special Interviews, Reviews and Articles

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." — Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by LReese View Post

I like it.
                            Another distinctive feature of the Hipshot tremolo...
                            '93 G&L Legacy w/ Barden SD's - '82 Epi Special II w Gibson Shaws - '82 Us Epi Spirit w BKP Mules - '82 US Epi Special I w Barden HB TT - Partscaster w/ WCR American Steele Set - Partscaster w BKP Mule/MM - Partscaster w WCR Iron Man/Fralin UB - Jule Modded Orange Dual Terror - Port City 1x12 w/ Scumnico 12" - Ear Candy Buzzbomb 2x12 w/ Scumback H75 and Tone Tubby Alnico

Comment

Originally posted by nienturi View Post
                              Hi there,

One of my friend has a company named Hantug Custom Guitars and can build custom trems, saddles and as you may guess, guitars. Last week they have completed a brand new floating trem made all titanium. Trem block, saddles, baseplate and even the studs.

Hantug Titanium Guitar Tremolo with Titanium Saddles
                              String Spacing: 52mm (E to E)

Tremolo Block : Titanium Ti6Al-4V (Grade 5)
                              Base Plate : Titanium Ti6Al-4V (Grade 5)
                              Baseplate : Titanium Ti6Al-4V (Grade 5)
                              Mounting Studs : Titanium Ti6Al-4V (Grade 5)
                              Tremolo Claw and springs are included.

$295

Hantug Custom Guitars is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Hantug Custom Guitars and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hantug-Titan...item2c67780485
                              Is there a way to contact them directly -- email, address, phone info?

Thanks in advance
                              CSLSophia.com

Comment

Working...
                              X