Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FS:Custom Floating Trem Made of Titanium

Originally posted by merkaba22 View Post
    Is there a way to contact them directly -- email, address, phone info?

Thanks in advance
    Sorry for delay. My bad

You can contact directly Mr.Ertugrul Yilmaz

Ivedik Organize Sanayi Bolgesi
    Agac Isleri Sanayi Sitesi 1372. Sokak No:31
    PK 06370 Ostim Yenimahalle / Ankara / Turkiye
    Tel: +90 312 395 17 00 / +90 312 395 17 87
    Fax: +90 312 395 87 29
    e-mail: [email protected]
    Official Author of Guitarism Section of SOUND Magazine, TR

Click Here to Guitarism Blog for Special Interviews, Reviews and Articles

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." — Frank Zappa

Comment

Hey -- thank you very much
      CSLSophia.com

Comment

That design is a direct copy of the Hipshot Contour Tremolo, bearing fulcrums and all. One difference is that the saddles are clearly an inferior design to the Hipshot saddles and don't fit within the dimensions of the bridge as well as the Hipshot product.

I won't be buying anything from this company until they develop their own intellectual property or obtain a license from Hipshot.

Sorry.

Hipshot is a good company and a small one, and it's damaging to them for other companies - especially ones from other countries with resources fully capable of developing their own products - to steal their designs.

edit: You know what? Dear OVERSEAS MANUFACTURERS FROM DEVELOPING COUNTRIES: You can't just buy an American-made product, reverse-engineer it, and expect people to praise your ingenuity and blow you. YOU NEED TO DO YOUR OWN WORK. It's what we expect from people here, and if you want to be a player in this market, IT'S WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU TOO.

If this titanium rip-off was really just a proof of concept, they wouldn't have laser-etched their brand name all over it. I have half a mind to email Hipshot about this myself.
        Last edited by sosomething; 09-04-2012, 10:09 PM.
        -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by merkaba22 View Post
          Hey -- thank you very much
          You're welcome.

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
          That design is a direct copy of the Hipshot Contour Tremolo, bearing fulcrums and all. One difference is that the saddles are clearly an inferior design to the Hipshot saddles and don't fit within the dimensions of the bridge as well as the Hipshot product.

I won't be buying anything from this company until they develop their own intellectual property or obtain a license from Hipshot.

Sorry.

Hipshot is a good company and a small one, and it's damaging to them for other companies - especially ones from other countries with resources fully capable of developing their own products - to steal their designs.

edit: You know what? Dear OVERSEAS MANUFACTURERS FROM DEVELOPING COUNTRIES: You can't just buy an American-made product, reverse-engineer it, and expect people to praise your ingenuity and blow you. YOU NEED TO DO YOUR OWN WORK. It's what we expect from people here, and if you want to be a player in this market, IT'S WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU TOO.

If this titanium rip-off was really just a proof of concept, they wouldn't have laser-etched their brand name all over it. I have half a mind to email Hipshot about this myself.
          Dear Adam, first of all, i like to say i'm not involved directly or indirectly with them. So, please consider my words as mine, they reflects my own thoghts.

For most parts of your post, i agree with you. You have the point and i got you. I guess the guys must think like this so that this trem production was limited with five items and never be repeated. You can see yourself from the ebay link, then, this topic is unfunctional now.
          Official Author of Guitarism Section of SOUND Magazine, TR

Click Here to Guitarism Blog for Special Interviews, Reviews and Articles

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." — Frank Zappa

Comment

Nienturi,

Sorry if my comments were harsh - I recognise that you aren't with the company, but you are advertising for them here. The "you" I was addressing in my last post was intended to be the manufacturer and not you personally, but I don't doubt it seemed that way.

I still question the ethics of even profiting on a limited run of a stolen design, but that's not your problem.

Anyway have a good one.
            -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Working...
            X