Dweezil Zappa Goodness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dweezil Zappa Goodness

Dweezil Zappa and his sister produced an album back when they were teenagers called "Havin' A Bad Day", and it has been one of my favorite Guitar albums since I found it back then. It is still one of the guitar tone references I have in my head when I am tweaking my amps/guitars.

Dweezil has never released it, or his second album, on iTunes (wish he would), but I found several of the songs off of that album on an iTunes podcast called "Forgotten 80's". It is on Episode 39, and free to download. You should give it a listen if you are into 80's rock guitar stuff. Bet most people missed it back then.

Re: Dweezil Zappa Goodness

Both are great albums, in fact I have most of Dweez's catalog up to save for Music for Pets and Go With what You Know.

It's all pretty hard to find on CD or vinyl but worth the hunt!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I feel like we need some clips...

Here is a cool track from Shampoohorn-Rubberband featuring fretless guitar.

An odd cover...

A track from Confessions:

Here an old one...I have a copy of this on vinyl!

A 12 year old Dweezil with his sister and some friends...produced by Eddie Van Halen!

A fav of mine!

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I like Dweezil, great clips too!

Comment

my gf went to zappa plays zappa (by herself, how ****in cool is that!) and said it was totally awesome

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            my gf went to zappa plays zappa (by herself, how ****in cool is that!) and said it was totally awesome
            I saw it a few years ago... definitely one of the best show's I've seen!

Comment

Working...
            X