♫♫ Twin Bender - Tone Bender MKII Professional and MKI.V (1.5) in one pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ♫♫ Twin Bender - Tone Bender MKII Professional and MKI.V (1.5) in one pedal

This is a new pedal design that uses the Tone Bender* MKII Professional circuit and adds some modern features. Top shelf components including Mallory 150 caps, carbon comp resistors, and NOS Germanium transistors.

You can read more about it at www.RambleFX.com

Features
    • A MKI.V switch bypasses the first transistor in the MKII circuit, making it similar to a MKI.V.
    • Built-in voltage inverter. The inverter allows it to be powered by any standard 9V adapter that can be shared with other pedals.
    • Fat switch to add more bass and output.
    • External bias adjustment using a guitar pick.
    • NOS Germanium transistors and full mojo components including Mallory 150 caps and carbon comp resistors.

$140 paypal'd including shipping US

email: ramblefx(at)gmail(dot)com

*Tone Bender is a trademark of Sola Sound London

Last edited by tjk3052; 10-16-2012, 06:24 PM.

Re: ♫♫ Twin Bender - Tone Bender MKII Professional and MKI.V (1.5) in one pedal

cool!
    I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Is that a tonebender with germanium transistors... and an IC?

Weird
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
        Is that a tonebender with germanium transistors... and an IC?

Weird
        Yep. The IC acts as a voltage inverter so that it can be powered by a normal 9v adapter along with other pedals. Most other germanium pedals don't have that and have to be powered by batteries only. That's because proper germanium transistors need opposite polarity power.

The audio path is straight 'Bender.

Comment

Where would one hear clips of such a pedal?
          -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
          “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Here's a rough clip I made:
            http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11850469

I don't have decent recording gear (or the skills) to make a good video. If someone can make a good youtube demo I'd give a break on the price.

Comment

BUMP

Comment

Really nice looking circuit. The builder deserves props and praise.
                A lot of small builders' skills are a bit
                Great trades/transactions with checo, kjrocks (2x), ginoames (2x), guitarkid (2x), Ed Hunter, primo (2x), apar111, blueman335, King IzzO))), ArtieToo, lemonman, saladin, SAVAGE DISTORTION, surface54, and DonP. Excellent forum bros!

Comment

I decided to lower the price of Twin Benders to $140 shipped US. International shipping is also available.

Comment

I will most definitely be getting this pedal. Looks like it fills a niche in my current effects lineup perfectly.
                    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Crap, looking at your site, both the TwinBender and the Rainier look right up my street. The parts list is impressive and the layout looks great. The Fat switch and external bias control both look like great improvements.

Can we talk a bit about the Rainier for a minute?

Is the fuzz circuit the same as the 'bender, but with the adjustable EQ? Or is it a different circuit?

I can see my mini board being: Rainier ... TwinBender ... Fulltone Ultimate Octave ... Hartman Tommy Bolin Fuzz ... Analogman Beano Boost. What a wonderful noise they would make!

Comment

Another question about the Rainier:

Is the gain for the peak shift only additive? In other words, with the Peak all the way down, is the midrange gain 0dB?

Comment

Bump.

Anyone? Beuller?

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                            Bump.

Anyone? Beuller?
                            ha, sorry for the delay.

The Rainier is a 2 Germanium transistor fuzz with a mid range boost in front of it. With the PEAK control all the way down, there is no boost and you end up with a modernized version of a fuzz face. I say modernized, because, there is still (no gain) buffers at both the input and output of the fuzz circuit, so RAINIER can always be placed anywhere in an effect chain, and, a wah in front of RAINIER will work great, unlike most fuzzes.

When you start to turn the PEAK knob up, it gradually adds a boost at a specific frequency. Turn it all the way up and there is a cocked wah effect. The FREQ knob sets the frequency, kind of like rocking a wah pedal does.

It's quite different than Twin Bender. Twin Bender's MKII Professional circuit uses 3 Germanium transistors and has massive fuzz with nearly infinite sustain. RAINIER is like a fuzz face with a cool filter effect in front of it.

Hopefully that makes sense!

Comment

Makes perfect sense, thanks.

Yep, want both lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X