Tips to improve? Me playing my start (with lil EVH 78 cs) at an open mic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips to improve? Me playing my start (with lil EVH 78 cs) at an open mic

Hey this is me playing an original song last night, electric guitar at an open mic, I'm using two lil EVH 78 in the neck & bridge from the custom shop. Any tips to get better?

Thanks!

Re: Tips to improve? Me playing my start (with lil EVH 78 cs) at an open mic

Are you fishing for compliments or do you really want tips? lol
    Nullius In Verba

Comment

Originally posted by Filipe Marquez View Post
      Are you fishing for compliments or do you really want tips? lol
      That's a awesome compliment. i go to these things alone so I'm always looking for opinions to get better. Thanks for watching I appreciate it

Comment

You can sing, which is much more important than playing guitar. Good Strat tone. Didn't care for the flanging. Shirt is a little f'ed up.

Originally posted by nedcronin
        Pretty much what you suggested Ink.
        Originally posted by metalmachine
        dont worry about it bro. even if we dont like it...... were just internet ppl. not real ppl. more like a hulicination of a mythical forest creature.

Comment

Good songwriting. Guitar distorted the recorder whenever you played which gave your tone an instant case of bad. Not the way I wanted to hear the CS lil' '78. Open mic nights are difficult experiences. You did a good job all in all, it's the recording quality that is getting in the way of your performance and tone.

I would like to see you re-do the recording in an environment where you can control the recording levels somewhat. Then we can better judge your playing & tone.

Any chance of that?
          Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
            Good songwriting. Guitar distorted the recorder whenever you played which gave your tone an instant case of bad. Not the way I wanted to hear the CS lil' '78. Open mic nights are difficult experiences. You did a good job all in all, it's the recording quality that is getting in the way of your performance and tone.

I would like to see you re-do the recording in an environment where you can control the recording levels somewhat. Then we can better judge your playing & tone.

Any chance of that?
            Yea man give me a week from today I'll do it again, the thing is they don't have a working tube amp its a PA system so I had to do it by that using a pedal I have zoom g2 (i know i know its wrong) im going to go to a place with a tube amp so I can do a better job (i think my distortion was a little too loud compared to the clean, i did a better job I think in that on this video below which was a month ago) Thanks for listening I will hit up a other open mic next week and post it. come to think I didn't use the bridge just the lil EVH 78 neck which I should of done in the bridge of the song when doing the power chords so you guys can here that baby's crunch..wow

THANKS FOR THE TIPS!
            Last edited by unleashthejay; 09-11-2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkstained View Post
              You can sing, which is much more important than playing guitar. Good Strat tone. Didn't care for the flanging. Shirt is a little f'ed up.
              Yea I gotta sing out more your right thanks man!

Comment

its good but you should explore more than just the A minor pentatonic scale for your solos. The song is only Am E and G too. While thats fine (and there have been thousands of popular songs that do this), the song doesnt seem to go anywhere, it just goes over the same pattern as you sing, then there is the Am pentatonic solo over the same 3 chords and round again, so it lack any surprises or harmonic tension. Its worth looking into some books on song construction where you can implemant basic stuff like verse/brodge/chorus etc and possibly some lessons in improvisation/music theory. These will give you avenues where you can continue to expand your creativity.
                Last edited by Chickenwings; 09-11-2012, 05:31 PM.
                "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                X