X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: show your ESP's and LTD's with passive pickups

Originally posted by alteredbeast View Post
    1000T?
    yes, sorry didnt mention. 1000T/ctm I like the thicker body.. axe is a great player!

I see the Edwards' mentioned too. I used to have an Edwards John Sykes model. It was killer! One of those seller's remorse situations.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
      You have good taste dude, I've had one of each of those too, not anymore, but yeah. Thanks for reminding me. My Kami was a CS neckthru, heavier than an LP, insanely bright. The best one of mine was the tiger, then the KH (that's an MII, but yeah).

the Sunburst Tiger or the M-1 Tiger? the single-pup config of the M-1 Tiger w/ the maple board is cool and something I used to think I would've liked. my SBT seems a little heavier than the Kami, but it's the better player of the two...the super bright maple makes them excellent choices for the RTM pickup.

when I picked up that M-II, I didn't even realize how closely it was to the KH model. I wasn't even a fan of black guitars at that point, but it just felt right and played right from the first time I picked it up. it's my test subject for all the hybrids I've built.

Comment

MH400NT- 59n and JB
        Beer me!
        Originally posted by Kam
        ...This machine runs on pr0n.

Comment

Originally posted by darthphineas View Post
          the Sunburst Tiger or the M-1 Tiger? the single-pup config of the M-1 Tiger w/ the maple board is cool and something I used to think I would've liked. my SBT seems a little heavier than the Kami, but it's the better player of the two...the super bright maple makes them excellent choices for the RTM pickup.

when I picked up that M-II, I didn't even realize how closely it was to the KH model. I wasn't even a fan of black guitars at that point, but it just felt right and played right from the first time I picked it up. it's my test subject for all the hybrids I've built.
          Sunburst, it really was beautiful too. The neck on mine wasnt as wide as the Kami/serpent/skull & snakes that I've played. I liked it better, shoulda kept that one.

I've played a couple other kami's, mine was a real oddbal, not even close to a standard, especially weight wise. It's maple body/neckthru with an ebony board. The guy that ordered it was a lynch fanboy, he had everything, even the green sawtooth kami. He had it for two weeks and took a 50% loss on it because it was so different. I got it for $1500, complete with a lynch sig on it. My buddy has it now.

The mahogany reverse serpent is the baddest of them all if you ask me. The guy who owned the shop I used to buy ESP's at had one, he left it leaned up against the wall and it got snapped, allegedly. That thing was badass though.

Oh man, I just remembered the first viper he got too, the body was thicker, like an LP, and alder if I remember right, holy hell that thing was badass. I shoulda bought that thing.
          Last edited by King IzzO))); 09-21-2012, 09:37 PM. Reason: Stupid iphone

Comment

Ones I have now:

DDn/Invader

This one has just a blackouts metal in it at the moment:

This has no pickups currently:

Had previously:

Had this for a few days (body shape did not agree with me):

Had the blackouts metal in this before I sold it:

SH-5 Custom in the bridge of this one when I sold it:

JB/59 in this when I sold it, sounded mean in D:

Comment

Just picked this one up, it's got the stock ESP pickups in it. I'm thinking about some EMGs maybe though O.O! lol

Comment

My ESP. It looks to have been a custom shop order. Ash body, maple top, ebony fretboard. The stock pickups were ESP hot dual rail pickups. I didn't think they sounded very good so in the guitar now are a pair of Li'l 59's and a Tone Zone S. That's a great pickup combination. I'm very happy with the sound now.

"Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
                Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
                guitar pic site
                Original prog rock on soundcloud
                Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
                Original blues on soundcloud.com

Comment

Originally posted by D-EJ915 View Post
                  Just picked this one up, it's got the stock ESP pickups in it. I'm thinking about some EMGs maybe though O.O! lol

That's hot. Are those ninja's neck heavy? I had the second generation Black hard tail LTD, and i was very bummed when it went south when i strapped it on. needless to say i didnt have it for very long, neck dives annoy me very much.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodswords View Post

Used to own this LTD ST-203 but a friend talked me into selling it off (to him for a good price).
                    Very very nice. Can you tell me a little about that one; mainly tone and feel?

Here's mine. The neck pickup is stock. The bridge is a GFS Modern Lead model. It's basically a hotter Lil 59. I changed the pots from 250k to 500k for the GFS and the neck pickup sounds much better with them. I got rid of the cheap 3-way switch and installed a Fender 3-way. I am going to change the pickups but haven't decided to what yet.

-Butch

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post
                      Here's mine. The neck pickup is stock. The bridge is a GFS Modern Lead model. It's basically a hotter Lil 59. I changed the pots from 250k to 500k for the GFS and the neck pickup sounds much better with them. I got rid of the cheap 3-way switch and installed a Fender 3-way. I am going to change the pickups but haven't decided to what yet.

is that the 400 dollar one? thats slick lookin.

Comment

Originally posted by alteredbeast View Post
                        is that the 400 dollar one? thats slick lookin.
                        Yeah man and thanks!
                        -Butch

Comment

Did I not contribute to this thread? Here's my 90's ESP Horizon with stock pickups, it's getting the fugly bucker upgrade soon...

SBMM JP70 "Shadow" - ESP Horizon "Violet" - Charvel Model 5 "Cherry" - Ibanez S570 "Beast" - Ibanez RG470 "Penny" - Ibanez RG4Ex1 "Azure" - Fender Strat "Candy"
                          Mi Familia

Comment

Fugly bucker?
                            Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

SBMM JP70 "Shadow" - ESP Horizon "Violet" - Charvel Model 5 "Cherry" - Ibanez S570 "Beast" - Ibanez RG470 "Penny" - Ibanez RG4Ex1 "Azure" - Fender Strat "Candy"
                              Mi Familia

Comment

Haha i didnt know they named it that.
                                Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

Working...
                                X