banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying the record out on my mixer.. Van halen content!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying the record out on my mixer.. Van halen content!

Got a new mixer and it has a record out function that I'm going to use for practice and to help my band fix any problems. Tried it the other night and this is how it did. We decided to start covering "Ain't talkin bout Love" and this is what we had after a few tries. I'm on guitar and I flubbed a few times. I'm no EVH so flame away guys!!

just a rough draft of Aint talking bout love. Not bad for a couple tries trough. Could be better and a better mix. Gotta practice on that.

Re: Trying the record out on my mixer.. Van halen content!

It doesn't sound too bad, though I'd agree with the comment about the mix. The guitar needs to cut through more, the vocals a little less so. You don't sound too far off on th guitar performance itself though; better than my version, that's for sure.

Oh, and you need to add it here at the SDUGF SoundCloud Group
    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Thanks Chris! The mix was off and that was due to just throwing practice up! I have a set up headphone I'm going to use to get the levels even. The older fellow in our band(didn't play on this song) is starting to lose hearing and did the mIx for us. Do I'll be doing it from now on.

Comment

You know you need to go listen to the one I posted last night now, don't you?
        Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Already have! That acoustic sounds great man! Great job!

Comment

Working...
          X