Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fugly Bucker - Come and Get it

We need more clips!

How awesome is it that this goofy idea ended up being something really unique that seems like everyone is actually enjoying?

Comment

I am thinking of putting mine into my Texas Special Strat, ash body maple neck? I hope they'll not be too bright you know...

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

I'm planning to try mine in my swamp ash super thing ESP Horizon, but I won't be able to get before and after clips until January as I'm getting married next week. But if anyone has any requests, I have a nice recording setup with a POD X3 into a Pro Tools Mbox in Logic Pro 9.
        SBMM JP70 "Shadow" - ESP Horizon "Violet" - Charvel Model 5 "Cherry" - Ibanez S570 "Beast" - Ibanez RG470 "Penny" - Ibanez RG4Ex1 "Azure" - Fender Strat "Candy"
        Mi Familia

Comment

To those who have tried them out, I have 2 questions.

Would you say that they are voiced for lead playing?

How prominent are the harmonics?

Comment

Originally posted by MojoMonster View Post
            I like the packaging. Very classy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35589[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]35590[/ATTACH]
            Thats almost worth the price of admission right there!
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

uOpt,
              Is that a Gibson or a different brand? I was just wondering cuz although I was thinking this wouldnt look too good in my LP, the tones Im hearing described sound like what I want in it..
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
                We need more clips!

How awesome is it that this goofy idea ended up being something really unique that seems like everyone is actually enjoying?
                The Brobucker was a HUGE hit and regarded by some as one of the best pups ever..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMatter View Post
                  To those who have tried them out, I have 2 questions.

Would you say that they are voiced for lead playing?

How prominent are the harmonics?
                  Yes, I like it for leads a bit more than rhythm really. But the guitar I have it in has a slanted humbucker, so I really never like the rhythm tone on that guitar. But I do with the fugly, just not as much as lead. The punch and cut of this pickup really shine for leads. They have an explosive quality other pickups lack.

Harmonics seem average, but I haven't played with them that much.
                  Originally posted by Aceman
                  It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

[QUOTE=ex-250;3333467The guitar I have it in has a slanted humbucker, so I really never like the rhythm tone on that guitar. But I do with the fugly, just not as much as lead. The punch and cut of this pickup really shine for leads. They have an explosive quality other pickups lack.

Harmonics seem average, but I haven't played with them that much.[/QUOTE]
                    REALLY?? Tell me more as i looked at these early on for a build i am working on but thought that the slanted buckers in the body I'm using would be an issue with the PA side of this pickup.
                    What do you have them in?? What woods?
                    Here is what I'm working on.

NOS unused and unfinished Washburn USA MG body in ASH with a bound MG neck with Jumbos also unused NOS.
                    I have slowly put most of parts for this one together here and suddenly I'm thinking a set of these pickups might make for a perfect addition to what will be a quite unique guitar.
                    Guitars
                    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                      uOpt,
                      Is that a Gibson or a different brand? I was just wondering cuz although I was thinking this wouldnt look too good in my LP, the tones Im hearing described sound like what I want in it..
                      It is a Burny but all the pickup ring relevant as Gibson US spaced. In fact I normally run rings from a Gibson historic in there.

I might be able to post some soundclips later.

Comment

Oh man I can't wait to get mine, sounds like they'll fit right into my Swing EZ-10, I've been wanting to do sth special fore her for a while now.

Still no charge on my card though
                        Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                        I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                        Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                        Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                          REALLY?? Tell me more as i looked at these early on for a build i am working on but thought that the slanted buckers in the body I'm using would be an issue with the PA side of this pickup.
                          What do you have them in?? What woods?
                          Here is what I'm working on.

NOS unused and unfinished Washburn USA MG body in ASH with a bound MG neck with Jumbos also unused NOS.
                          I have slowly put most of parts for this one together here and suddenly I'm thinking a set of these pickups might make for a perfect addition to what will be a quite unique guitar.

My humbucker slants the other way. Usually makes everything sound too muddy on the low strings, as it borders on the middle pickup vicinity. The Fugly keeps it punchy though, perhaps the best thing I've heard in that guitar in a while. I wish mine was slanted the way yours is; the logical way.
                          Originally posted by Aceman
                          It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

For those that received one that wasn't blasted or have an off center bobbin (which Derek says they should be center) you are welcome to send them back to be corrected. Just shoot them an email and they'll take care of making sure it's exactly as promised.

Comment

Do all the Fuglies sent so far have shiny blade bobins? Mine were already sent... And are on their way to here...

The problem is that the pickups need to cross first the Atlantic, then all across Europe for me to see. You see?

B
                              FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

That would kind of suck being an international customer and if you requested the matte finish bobbin. I'm also curious if anyone actually recieved a matte finished sandblasted bobbin.

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
                                Do all the Fuglies sent so far have shiny blade bobins? Mine were already sent... And are on their way to here...

The problem is that the pickups need to cross first the Atlantic, then all across Europe for me to see. You see?

B

Comment

Working...
                                X