Fugly Bucker - Come and Get it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fugly Bucker - Come and Get it

I don't normally have a problem with that attitude, but it still wouldn't hurt to even have the most basic of specs on these.
    SBMM JP70 "Shadow" - ESP Horizon "Violet" - Charvel Model 5 "Cherry" - Ibanez S570 "Beast" - Ibanez RG470 "Penny" - Ibanez RG4Ex1 "Azure" - Fender Strat "Candy"
    Mi Familia

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1psc View Post
      I don't normally have a problem with that attitude, but it still wouldn't hurt to even have the most basic of specs on these.
      Read through the many posts leading up to this point and you'll see that discussing specifics about these pickups is frowned upon and your request for "more information" will likely go unanswered until users start getting these in their hands and reporting back with details

This is more of a "close your mouth, cross your fingers and hand over your cash" affair...

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
        Read through the many posts leading up to this point and you'll see that discussing specifics about these pickups is frowned upon and your request for "more information" will likely go unanswered until users start getting these in their hands and reporting back with details

This is more of a "close your mouth, cross your fingers and hand over your cash" affair...
        I was not aware the specifications were being kept hush-hush, but do we even know if the pickup as originally designed ended up being the neck or bridge position?
        SBMM JP70 "Shadow" - ESP Horizon "Violet" - Charvel Model 5 "Cherry" - Ibanez S570 "Beast" - Ibanez RG470 "Penny" - Ibanez RG4Ex1 "Azure" - Fender Strat "Candy"
        Mi Familia

Comment

All we know is the DC resistance on the prototypes were high 7 low 8 if I recall and the magnets are A2.

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post

Jeez ...

Everything you could possibly want to know about these pickups is covered in this thread: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=247383
            Band: www.colouredanimal.com
            Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
            Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Fugly Bucker - specifications & information

Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Fugly Bucker humbucker

Basic specs:
              - humbucker, black matte, four conductors,
              - dual coil, neck & bridge position versions,
              - Alnico-II, 42AWG winding,
              - series/split/parallel possibility,
              - one coil parallel axis, one coil blade,
              - moderate and tasty, voiced for versatility,
              - open and crunchy, focus on upper mids,
              - Hawkbucker style blade.

DC Resistance:
              - neck: Red and Green 3.81k Ω, White and Black 3.78k Ω
              - bridge: Red and Green 4.01k Ω, White and Black 3.92k Ω

The tone is intended to be medium hotness, open and crunchy and primarily focused on versatility.
              EQ-wise there'll be a focus on the upper mids with the primary aim being good articulation and definition, even under heavy gain.
              When split, the pickup should go into an open and airy and harmonically rich lesser output tone. It should not be boomy nor have shrill high end.

Image (pickup will be matte black, not gloss):
              http://cdn.seymourduncan.com/blog/wp...ads/photo5.jpg

Demo video:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzH5FBA-GBw

Demo guitar specs (with 500K pots and a 0.047 tone cap.):
              - basswood body,
              - bolt-on maple neck,
              - rosewood fretboard,
              - 25.5" scale,
              - locking Floyd Rose tremolo.

Price (Custom Shop orders): $160 (single), $300 (balanced set);
              Price (SD Forum users): $110 (single), $200 (balanced set).

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
              Jeez ...

Everything you could possibly want to know about these pickups is covered in this thread: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=247383

Comment

This is basically the pickup I've been waiting for... less about the output, more about the actual sound. Looks awesome, sounds great on the demo, incorporates two of my favourite designs and let's face it... who doesn't like the exclusive feel of being part of the SDUGF family where we dream it and they build it?
                The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Anyone planning on pairing up a FUgly Bucker neck with a Crazy 8 bridge? In addition, if one was putting together a HSH guitar the Stra-Bro 90 in the middle would complete the circle.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
                    Anyone planning on pairing up a FUgly Bucker neck with a Crazy 8 bridge? In addition, if one was putting together a HSH guitar the Stra-Bro 90 in the middle would complete the circle.
                    are there any soundclips with a stra-bro 90 in the middle position

Comment

I plan to use mine in the bridge coupled with my favourite PAF-type pickup in the neck. I have high hopes about the sound and I imagine there wouldn't be a significant volume difference from switching.
                      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

What's the expected delivery time for the Fuglybucker?

A ballpark figure like a date will suffice.

Comment

I think about 3 weeks from now.
                          Last edited by DarkMatter; 11-02-2012, 12:21 AM.

Comment

From what I gathered in my short conversation with MJ, they'll start shipping as early as mid December.
                            Mi Familia

Comment

From what I gathered in my short conversation with MJ, they'll start shipping as early as mid December.
                              Thank you.

Comment

Must've encountered delays, earlier in this thread on Oct 15 she said 5 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X