Custom 4 High Gain video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom 4 High Gain video

Made this little thing when I inadvertently turned up the gain on my amp and was quite pleasantly surprised by how awesome the Custom 4 sounded.

Apologies for the crappy sound, I don't have my full recording setup well..set up.

Re: Custom 4 High Gain video

Nice. I wish my amps glowed in the dark.
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
        Nice. I wish my amps glowed in the dark.
        Lol, it didn't come that way. I got one of these PC tower lighting kits and put it in the headshell, attached to a battery holder and replaced the slider switch with a mini-toggle mounted on a clear acrylic front baffle.

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
        Sounds good to me.
        Raton

Comment

Dang man, sick playing!

Sounds real good too.
          My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
          The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
          Originally posted by CTN
          I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
          FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Suite lixx!

Comment

thanks broskis!

Comment

What tuning are you tuned to in the vid?

The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
                Originally posted by CTN
                I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
                FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

The pickup sounds really good. Playing's pretty damn sweet too. Thanks for posting this!

Hmmmmmm Custom 4... Plans to build impending!
                  MEMBER OF THE SACRED ORDER OF THE STONECUTTERS

Comment

nice demo, so the lights are not connected to the amps power supply?

Comment

Originally posted by youngthrasher9 View Post
                      What tuning are you tuned to in the vid?
                      C Standard using 12-54s

Originally posted by ExplorersRock View Post
                      The pickup sounds really good. Playing's pretty damn sweet too. Thanks for posting this!

Hmmmmmm Custom 4... Plans to build impending!
                      I like it quite a bit, it's like the lower output more PAF-ish version of the C8.

Originally posted by xntrick View Post
                      nice demo, so the lights are not connected to the amps power supply?
                      Thanks! Nope they're connected to a battery pack so I can switch the light on/off at will. 98% of the time, they're off. I figured that it would get kind of obnoxious having these glaring blue lights on every time I switched the amp on, so this way, I can turn them on for really dark stages and what not so i can see the knobs. Also, the illumination of the t00bz is a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by ConvoysToNothingness View Post
                        C Standard using 12-54s
                        Oh nice.

Originally posted by CTN

Comment

****in' sick dude!

Comment

Great playing (really liked that first riff) and tone but I couldn't watch the video... the videos that skip like that mess with my head haha.
                            Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                            Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

thanks bros.

Sometime this week when I have some time I think I'll do a full clean/breaking up/overdriven/distorted/spewing-hellfire type demo. It's a really nice pickup.

lol ya, I hear ya Andrew...that was shot with my computer's crappy webcam. For the next one I'll use my actual camera that looks and (I think) sounds better.

Comment

Working...
                              X