Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishes, new track

Lemme know what ya'll think!
    Last edited by cream123; 11-01-2012, 10:01 PM.
    Originally posted by kilphody
    There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Re: Wishes, new track

What are you using for drums? (I've been looking for software to do such) The vocals sound very Interpol. Not a bad track. I do think there is a little disconnect between the power of the vocals and the softness of the melody instruments, though. The cadence of the vocal line doesn't seem to match. I think a dreamy vocal line would work a little better. Feels like more of a gap to my ear than musical space.

EDIT: I'm hearing a little Postal Service to the music.
    Last edited by trevorus; 10-29-2012, 09:58 PM.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Originally posted by Securb
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
      What are you using for drums? (I've been looking for software to do such) The vocals sound very Interpol. Not a bad track. I do think there is a little disconnect between the power of the vocals and the softness of the melody instruments, though. The cadence of the vocal line doesn't seem to match. I think a dreamy vocal line would work a little better. Feels like more of a gap to my ear than musical space.

I program it all in ableton by loading the drum rack with my own samples. I have a seperate drum rack for snare, bass, cymbal and HH

I was thinking about changing the vocal line...I think thats going to end up being the backup vocal eventually...we'll see where it goes!

Comment

bump....new version...much more to come

Comment

Originally posted by trevorus View Post

I think it just needs to be softened a little, less of a harsh edge on the vocals. Dont know if thats reverb or what, since I havent ever dealt with recording vocals. Maybe push the vocals down a little / bring the music up a little. Just a little though.
          Originally posted by MikeS
          a "career" of playing sold-out bedroom shows to the posters on my wall.
          Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
          whats becoming of this generation
          We want to listen to music while we mow the lawn.

Comment

I'll try that out...This one is going to be a labor of love...

emphasis on the labor

Comment

The whole song in a rough recording...

Comment

Working...
              X