metal instrumental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metal instrumental

Ok first off i'll say I absolutely suck at mixing and know basically nothing about it I just tinker with things until they sound alright I guess. Also to make things worse this is a 7 string which im also very unfamiliar with mixing

This is just something for me to practice on..

It's reamped from some DIs from the sneap forum.

Im quite please with the drum sound that I've got as well as the lead sound but the bass and rhythm guitars not so much. I'll probably reamp them again tomorrow as I didn't really EQ for the track just used my usual settings.

Guitars are all my SLO influenced amp
    bass is through an SVT amp sim and redwirez impulses
    cab is a peavey 212m loaded with v30s recorded with a borrowed audix i5
    drums are a kit I made in steven slate 4

any feedback and input on what to adjust is greatly appreciated.

Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
    WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Non Biased General Guitar forum
    http://fret.boards.net

Re: metal instrumental

Wow, that sounds awesome man...drums sound fantastic ..that snare's like a jackhammer! Love the rhythm guitar tone, it's thick & meaty with a nice mean edge to it. The solo's are metal as **** & very well played (I'd push them up a bit more ) ...Excellent job!
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
      Wow, that sounds awesome man...drums sound fantastic ..that snare's like a jackhammer! Love the rhythm guitar tone, it's thick & meaty with a nice mean edge to it. The solo's are metal as **** & very well played (I'd push them up a bit more ) ...Excellent job!
      Cheers! I wasn't sure whether to go for a clearer rhythm tone rather than the grittier one that I have currently.

I keep messing with the solos ill try pushing them up a bit more and maybe also the bass guitar as I listened on headphones last night before bed and feel that could be a tad more present.
      WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Comment

The guitar sound is really good!

Do you have a reverb in the whole mix/whole drum set? The drums are a bit too reverb-y, they don't let the guitars to come through very well and the snare and bass drum make the mix a bit boomy. If you lowered the reverb in drums I think it would sound really awesome

Your playing is really tight. I dig this kind of stuff a lot.
        Last edited by P.A.Foholic; 10-31-2012, 01:52 AM.
        Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
        Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
        Musicians are ****ing retards.
        Originally posted by ex-250
        Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

That was great! Enjoyable to listen to and the playing really shines. Cool that you can play super tech but lay back when needed, like the ending melody. (or is it not you on leads?)
          Last edited by DankStar; 10-31-2012, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Dude, this is awesome.
            My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
            The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
            Originally posted by CTN
            I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
            FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

The playing isn't me. It's some DIs I got off a guy on the andy sneap forum for practicing mixing and reamping.

Hes a monster player and very tasteful with it too which is rare.

Thanks for the comments
              WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Comment

Why yes, that sounds great. Love the attack and the part at 3:58 with both guitars riffing together.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Olson View Post
                  Why yes, that sounds great. Love the attack and the part at 3:58 with both guitars riffing together.
                  Cheers!

I wasn't so sure about the rhythm guitars but you guys have set my mind at ease.

I thought they were a bit mushy in the lows and fizzy in the highs.

I'll take another whirl with this on the weekend and see if I can resolve a few issues such as the lead levels and reverbs etc.
                  WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Comment

I got a bit of spare time today so I redid all the tracks and noticed that the rhythm DIs have virtually no high end and were very hot level wise so I lowered them down a bit and tried again.

It's a different mic this time though its a cheapo SM57 copy I have lying around as I had to give the audix back to my friend

WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Comment

Working...
                    X