banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going to play a song for my mom for Christmas, what song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to play a song for my mom for Christmas, what song?

I need to start practicing it soon, as there is rarely a time when I can practice while she's not home. She likes acoustic type stuff. She likes christian worship music a lot too. I'm stumped on what to play. If the guitar part is simple enough I can sing as well. Older stuff would work too, like Billie Joel, Journey (acoustic songs) etc...

No Christmas carols.
    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
    Originally posted by CTN
    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Re: I'm going to play a song for my mom for Christmas, what song?

This was actually her request. She doesn't know I even considered it though.

The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
    Originally posted by CTN
    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Anyone?

Originally posted by CTN

Comment

Butchered At Birth.

No? not so much?

CSNY - Teach Your Children is a nice song that tends to touch the heartstrings of parental units.

Comment

Play either something she would like, or a holiday type song. Maybe some Beatles? Who doesn't like the Beatles?
          88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
          Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
          Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
          Vox NightTrain 50.
          My Band

Comment

"Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

So today she said she wanted me to play Stairway To Heaven. Completely unexpected, but in a good way. I didn't ask her, she was just like "I want you to learn Stairway To Heaven for my Christmas present."
              Last edited by youngthrasher9; 11-20-2012, 10:06 PM.

Originally posted by CTN

Comment

lol that was easy

Comment

The Munsters theme song.
                  https://www.rockstockpedals.com/

Comment

'Tie Your Mother Down' - obvious choice is obvious really...
                    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Working...
                    X