Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Could you recommend a program that doesn't suck sir? Because I have a generic Windows PC and don't even have access to a program that supports Quicktime editing. My f'ing iPhone and Zoom Q3HD both record in godamned .mov format. I mean seriously? why not .mp4? or even .avi? Heck, let's just all go flash and use .flv
    AccountKiller

Comment

That kicked ass! ^

But here I am... Fashionably late as always.

Learned this tune a couple years ago. Figured the first half would be cool to do. My bad it's over 1 minute! I shan't do it again. Just hard to chop this song up.

Comment

Originally posted by 9unslin9er View Post
        Could you recommend a program that doesn't suck sir? Because I have a generic Windows PC and don't even have access to a program that supports Quicktime editing. My f'ing iPhone and Zoom Q3HD both record in godamned .mov format. I mean seriously? why not .mp4? or even .avi? Heck, let's just all go flash and use .flv
        If I could, I would've downloaded it. Honestly I always found success with Windows Movie Maker. It was great for editing, the only catch is it ****s your video quality when you finalize it. I'll have to find something new on the mac.

I think my camera goes to MOV naturally, but for whatever reason iMovie imports it into mp4, which is I suppose its only salvation.
        Originally posted by Aceman
        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

MOV is a "wrapper" (so is mp4) and h.264 is the codec. Since PCs don't edit MOV files all that well, the wrapper is usually discarded in favor for the actual codec used which is probably the h.264.

The PC Re-Wraps the h.264 codec into a new mp4 wrapper. There shouldn't be much monkey business during re-wrapping, so it's all good.

I personally, like Corel's Video Studio as far as a cheap and efficient low cost non linear editor. All cheap video editing software are chock full of bugs... the latest version of Video Studio seems to be the least bug-prone out there IMHO.
          Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Ah, thanks. I'll check it out.

I also need a much better camera, all my videos look blurry as ****. Those little HD deals are pretty affordable these days, I'll have to see what goes on sale post-holidays.
            It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Good morning! It's Week 4 of Riffmaster 2012.
              Here's a recap of last week's entries:

1. SlyFoxx: Boston - Long Time (intro). #103
              2. ex-250: Blink 182 - Josie. #106
              3. formula73: Black Sabbath - N.I.B. #107
              4. alphadog808: Black Label Society - Darkest Days. #113
              5. JOLLY: Blackfoot - Train Train. #119
              6. 9unslin9er: Boston - Long Time (verse). #134
              7. TheLivingDead: The Black Mages - Clash on the Big Bridge. #138

Now onto business. This week's letter is: X

Now before y'all throw a hissy-fit, even though there ARE bands out there titled with an X, you should know X is a value in mathematics. Therefore, this is a Wildcard round. Choose any band/group/artist/soundtrack/etc. you want. Just keep it short and follow the rules please.
              AccountKiller

Comment

Cool! Huh...wish I'd stuck around. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Comment

X Japan- Kurenai.

It'll be up later, I'm just calling it before somebody else picks it for X.

My other choice was Xzibit, but nothing I found sounded even slightly familiar. Not that I've even heard of X Japan before this very moment, but at least they're metal.
                  Last edited by ex-250; 12-17-2012, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Well this will be my first submission to the game and thank goodness it`s a Wild Card week. Like my brother in spirit Jolly I`m just getting over the flu and in no mood to record so I`ve had this riff recorded from a few weeks ago. Big City Nights by the Scorpions , a flubb up towards the end but I`m sure Ruldolph had nights where he made mistakes

When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Originally posted by 51501984 View Post
                      Well this will be my first submission to the game and thank goodness it`s a Wild Card week. Like my brother in spirit Jolly I`m just getting over the flu and in no mood to record so I`ve had this riff recorded from a few weeks ago. Big City Nights by the Scorpions , a flubb up towards the end but I`m sure Ruldolph had nights where he made mistakes

I absolutely LOVE that song! "Love at First Sting" is such a badarse album. You did a super job with great tone and playing 51501984
                      Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
                        I absolutely LOVE that song! "Love at First Sting" is such a badarse album. You did a super job with great tone and playing 51501984
                        Thanks Man

Comment

I've never even heard of this band before today. But this song is awesome. Thanks, Riffmaster game!

X Japan- Kurenai

And yes, I totally forgot how to play it like halfway through the video. haha. I recorded the song much earlier today and the video just now. Oh well.
                          Last edited by ex-250; 12-17-2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                            I've never even heard of this band before today. But this song is awesome. Thanks, Riffmaster game!

X Japan- Kurenai
                            https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3444936/AlphabetRiffs/X1.mp3
                            Wow! That sounds awesome. How much overdubbing and effects were put into that? It sounds like a guitar army

Comment

One rhythm track 80% left, one rhythm track 80% right. Dry. Hi & Lo pass.

One lead track 25% left, one lead track 25% right for that little lead at the very start. Other than that bit, theres no overdubbing. A bit of reverb on this.

One bass track. Some mild comp added.

Drums ripped from a MIDI track.
                              Last edited by ex-250; 12-17-2012, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Ok, here's my, "x". Tried to use a band that had an, "x" in it..I just made it...

Britny Fox, "Long Way To Love"

Last edited by alphadog808; 12-18-2012, 02:05 PM.
                                Originally posted by ex-250
                                If its not up by Sunday, the penalty is death. Did you not read the fine print?

Comment

Working...
                                X