Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

@alphadog808
    This band effectively got me through some hard times in college. Was about to do your song, but luckily, they made more than 1 album. I rarely have access to my Marshall, so here goes.

off of Libertad:
    Velvet Revolver - She Builds Quick Machines
    AccountKiller

Comment

Originally posted by 9unslin9er View Post
      @alphadog808
      This band effectively got me through some hard times in college. Was about to do your song, but luckily, they made more than 1 album. I rarely have access to my Marshall, so here goes.

off of Libertad:
      Heck of a solo man, I need to learn that one...definitely has the "slash" vibe to it.
      Originally posted by ex-250
      If its not up by Sunday, the penalty is death. Did you not read the fine print?

Comment

*Updated player list:

1. 9unslin9er
        2. ex-250
        3. alphadog808
        4. formula73
        5. Rodney Gene
        6. zenmindbeginner
        7. ***
        AccountKiller

Comment

Well, I just have audio and no video 'cause I'm gearing up to do a big video in a few days so I'm sort of saving up my mojo (plus I'm a total anal perfectionist when it comes to video and even the small ones take me a day or two to complete).

I've been working on Eruption for the past 4 or 5 days now (In preparation for a new demo) and have it like 90% down, I'm still tweaking little stuff here and there but had it down enough to record it.

Just playing it once will wear me out and fill my arms with lactic acid, so I don't have many takes in me in any one given day.

I recorded it once earlier in the day, listened to what I needed work on the most and re-recorded it later on last night. It ain't perfect, but I'm fairly pleased with it.

VAN HALEN'S ERUPTION

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
          SOD- March of the SOD
          SOD is one of my all time favorite bands and you did that song total justice! The Batman mask and cape is just too cool! LOVE your videos!!!

Originally posted by 9unslin9er View Post
          I rarely have access to my Marshall, so here goes.

off of Libertad:
          Man, that's a lot of notes to remember! GREAT job man.

Was the video connected to your body or guitar? It moved very interestingly like a Go Pro2 or something. Whatever it is, the video quality is really good.
          Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
            Well, I just have audio and no video 'cause I'm gearing up to do a big video in a few days so I'm sort of saving up my mojo (plus I'm a total anal perfectionist when it comes to video and even the small ones take me a day or two to complete).

I've been working on Eruption for the past 4 or 5 days now (In preparation for a new demo) and have it like 90% down, I'm still tweaking little stuff here and there but had it down enough to record it.

Just playing it once will wear me out and fill my arms with lactic acid, so I don't have many takes in me in any one given day.

I recorded it once earlier in the day, listened to what I needed work on the most and re-recorded it later on last night. It ain't perfect, but I'm fairly pleased with it.

VAN HALEN'S ERUPTION

Great Job ZMB! Great tone and feel. A classic tune no doubt. Look forward to more~

Will post something before weeks end. Was waiting on a new axe that showed up needing a bit of work.

Much Respect,

Rodney Gene, Austin Texas
            Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Comment

ZMB you murdered Eruption! Fantastic! I thought I had it down pretty good but I'm not so sure anymore

Can I join the list of players?
              Originally posted by drew_half_empty
              what the hell ever happened to rock & roll being loud & brash & pinning you to the wall behind you?

Comment

Originally posted by Stratovarious View Post
                Can I join the list of players?
                Yes

*Updated player list:

1. 9unslin9er
                2. ex-250
                3. alphadog808
                4. formula73
                5. Rodney Gene
                6. zenmindbeginner
                7. Stratovarious

*All spots filled
                AccountKiller

Comment

Damn, Eruption was great
                  Originally posted by Aceman
                  It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Goddamn! That's some fine pickin, sir. I can't play that kind of thing for **** but I can listen to it all day long.

Comment

I really need to broaden my musical horizons.

Van Halen-Ain't Talkin Bout Love

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
                        Goddamn! That's some fine pickin, sir. I can't play that kind of thing for **** but I can listen to it all day long.
                        Hey bro...great playing yourself! We are just the opposite. I love the style of music you play! (A an old school Rush, AC/DC, Halen, Def Lep etc. fan) I don't listen to country music cept the old old stuff. (if I did I probably would have know that song!!) but I love to play it and have started dedicated myself as a guitar player this past month. Its easier to play than you may think. Just technique. Be well and thanks!

Much Respect,

Rodney Gene, Austin Texas

Comment

Rodney Gene that's some seriously great playing!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
                            Rodney Gene that's some seriously great playing!
                            Thank you! That is very cool to hear. (been back at it for 3 months now) In wood-shedding mode right now after 6-7 years of giving up music to pursue my Phd in natural medicine, nutrition, philosophy and metaphysics... and then holy sh*t blam!! I got spontaneously ill even though I lived a very clean clean clean life and I nearly died from a heinous disease. Started to recover... heard the sound of my own heart again...and literally regained my strength through music and the support of my awesome wife. Been putting my studio back together now. I have done what the doctors told me was literally impossible. Thank you for the encouragement.. It means more than I can say my good brother.

Much Respect,

Rodney Gene

Comment

Wow man...what a story. Glad to hear about your recovery and rediscovery of the geet!

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
                                Wow man...what a story. Glad to hear about your recovery and rediscovery of the geet!
                                Big +1!

Comment

Working...
                                X