Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Originally posted by Rodney Gene View Post

Great Job ZMB! Great tone and feel. A classic tune no doubt. Look forward to more~

Will post something before weeks end. Was waiting on a new axe that showed up needing a bit of work.

Much Respect,

Rodney Gene, Austin Texas
    Originally posted by Stratovarious View Post
    ZMB you murdered Eruption! Fantastic! I thought I had it down pretty good but I'm not so sure anymore

Can I join the list of players?
    Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
    Damn, Eruption was great
    Thanks so damn much guys, that was really kind of y'all to say that!

I guess I made in by one minute. Here's my effort

Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

It's 1/28/2013.
      This weeks letter is: R

Sorry for the lackluster performance on my end boys. I've been juggling overtime work and a busted water heater all week and just haven't had time to noodle. I'll make belated post for M by the end of this week.

Digging into my reserves here,

Racer X - Technical Difficulties

AccountKiller

Comment

One of my favoritest Racer X songs, nice job.

Also I'm way off this week. I guessed last week's letter correctly, but this week I was feeling A or G coming up. Guess not. R has a lot of potential though, not sure which direction I'm gonna take this one.
        Originally posted by Aceman
        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

I considered Reverend Bizarre, I nearly did Rebel Meets Rebel, I should've thought of Rapid Fire, and Racer X was already taken.
          But in the end I went with my take on an ultimate classic...

Rainbow- Stargazer

Last edited by ex-250; 02-04-2013, 03:58 PM.
          Originally posted by Aceman
          It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
            One of my favoritest Racer X songs, nice job.
            Thanks dude.
            Man...
            I really was hoping you were going to do "Into the Night." Such a badass song.
            AccountKiller

Comment

Not good. I'll redo it.

You guys are NAILING it.
              Last edited by formula73; 01-30-2013, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Trying to get ahead of the curve...

Ratt - Lay It Down
                Originally posted by ex-250
                If its not up by Sunday, the penalty is death. Did you not read the fine print?

Comment

I give up for last week. This is the best I've got: a condensed version of Megadeth's High Speed Dirt. The 81 didn't seem to like the V3 all that much but I couldn't be troubled to change anything. I just wanted to play my Hamer.

My 'R' will be coming this weekend.
                  Last edited by formula73; 02-01-2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
                    I give up for last week. This is the best I've got: a condensed version of Megadeth's High Speed Dirt. The 81 didn't seem to like the V3 all that much but I couldn't be troubled to change anything. I just wanted to play my Hamer.

^^I dig it!!
                    Originally posted by ex-250
                    If its not up by Sunday, the penalty is death. Did you not read the fine print?

Comment

Thought I was going to need to skip another week as of this morning I was still not available for this.. Glad I was able to get up early and get this vid done.

BTW, got my new Charlie Christian in this guitar but haven't got the SD STK-3b which is the best Tele pickup ever IMO. This is the Lollar Vintage T. Haven't learned how to dial it in yet.

Jerry Reed : Eastbound and Down (Smoky And The Bandit Theme) (Jerry used two tracks harmonized but since im playing this live for video just one track) This track has some specific bends that I find challenging to play for me. Some of the 'faster' chicken pickin tunes are easier to play.

Video to follow.

Cheers and Much Respect!

EDIT: Here is the vid. Audio is lagged after upload same as before. Anybody know how to fix this, please PM me. Thanks!~

Rodney Gene / Austin Texas

Last edited by Rodney Gene; 02-10-2013, 05:02 PM.
                      Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Comment

Damn.

I friggin love Jerry Reed. I should have tried to learn Guitar Man.

Comment

Damn.

I friggin love Jerry Reed. I should have tried to learn Guitar Man.
                          Hey brother F73...go for it! That is one bad-ass tune. You'd do great with it.
                          I will have a chance to listen to this weeks entries before end of day. Gotta get back to a project right now.

Hope your weekend is excellent!~

Much Respect,

Rodney Gene, Austin Texas
                          Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney Gene View Post
                            Thought I was going to need to skip another week as of this morning I was still not available for this.. Glad I was able to get up early and get this vid done.

BTW, got my new Charlie Christian in this guitar but haven't got the SD STK-3b which is the best Tele pickup ever IMO. This is the Lollar Vintage T. Haven't learned how to dial it in yet.

Jerry Reed : Eastbound and Down (Smoky And The Bandit Theme) (Jerry used two tracks harmonized but since im playing this live for video just one track) This track has some specific bends that I find challenging to play for me. Some of the 'faster' chicken pickin tunes are easier to play.

Video to follow. Should have more time for next weeks letter.

East Bound And Down MP3

Cheers and Much Respect!

EDIT: Here is the vid. Audio is lagged after upload same as before. Anybody know how to fix this, please PM me. Thanks!~

Rodney Gene / Austin Texas

Great playing Rodney, that stuff that comes outahyer fingers is liquid gold. Jerry Reed is a force of nature indeed and you definitely captured some of his power in that recording.

The B&C Hamer Standard is gorgeous and the playing is as tight is Richard Simmons' shorts.

Originally posted by alphadog808 View Post
                            Trying to get ahead of the curve...

Ratt - Lay It Down
                            Great job at a slithering and challenging reptilian solo! I'm doin' RATT too since I had a wall besides my bed that was plastered with only RATT images between 1984-1988. lolz! I've always been a MASSIVE Warren fan but have been only able to play his stuff correctly as of recently.

Here's my attempt at Back For More's 1st solo. I started out recording and decided that I needed a rhythm track to keep my playing straight and in time. There's nothing worth a crap out there so I used Acoustica's Beatcraft program to make my own backing drum track. I didn't have the desire nor time to do the bass but it sounds nice without it. I had fun with it but was pretty serious about copping the RATT'n' Roll sound. I think y'all will like it. I used the same patch that I use for all of my VH stuff and coincidentally had the SD CS '78 in the bridge position of my Centaura, so we are hearing Warren DeMartini done on an almost all VH set-up. lolz.

I actually used the tone knob for this song and I don't use it EVER (except for attempting To play Wes M riffs). The Warren sound was achieved by simply using the tone knob and changing my playing style a bit.

Last edited by zenmindbeginner; 02-03-2013, 10:45 PM.
                            Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Good morning to all. It's February 4, 2013 and Week 11 of Riffmaster 2012.

This weeks letter is: I

Somewhat of an obscure letter and not a band favorite. Nonetheless, options abound. Riff away!
                              AccountKiller

Comment

*Updated player list. Stratovarious has been disqualified due to two failures to post.
                                A warm welcome to our new riffer: Rockstar216!

1. 9unslin9er
                                2. ex-250
                                3. alphadog808
                                4. formula73
                                5. Rodney Gene
                                6. zenmindbeginner
                                7. Rockstar216

*As a side note, I would like to remind all current members to please make an effort to keep your posts succinct. High-fives and ass-kissing create excess clutter on the board. Shoot a PM so we can all find past videos easily.

*@Rodney Gene. This is simply lack of communication, however for the sake of Riffmaster 2012. All solo artists will be titled by the first letter of their first name. Britney Spears under "B", Kelly Clarkson under "K", Jerry Reed under "J". For future reference.
                                Last edited by 9unslin9er; 02-04-2013, 09:28 AM.
                                AccountKiller

Comment

Working...
                                X