Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Last weeks: a pseudo-cover an old band used to do of The Rolling Stones' Paint It Black. Lawrence L350s straight into my M-1000. It's a nice cross between Tele spank and humbucker power. I wish he still made the damned things.

I was hard-pressed to find anything in R...I learned Amos Moses but again, we were reminded that that would be 'J' for 'Jerry' and not 'R' for 'Reed'. Shucks.

Comment

Originally posted by 9unslin9er View Post
      *As a side note, I would like to remind all current members to please make an effort to keep your posts succinct. High-fives and ass-kissing create excess clutter on the board. Shoot a PM so we can all find past videos easily.
      I genuinely think comments, inspired praise and their resulting connection to one another make the whole game worthwhile. Otherwise what have we got? Just 60 secs. of riffing? As long as we are on subject I would personally welcome feedback and positive encouragement.

*@Rodney Gene. This is simply lack of communication, however for the sake of Riffmaster 2012. All solo artists will be titled by the first letter of their first name. Britney Spears under "B", Kelly Clarkson under "K", Jerry Reed under "J". For future reference.
      Really? That is disappointing.

Unfortunately that un-levels the playing field for my preference of music. Which also unfortunately means my withdrawal from the game.

Cheers and much respect friends!
      Have fun with 'I" this week!
      Last edited by Rodney Gene; 06-17-2013, 09:16 AM.
      Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney Gene View Post
        I genuinely think comments, inspired praise and their resulting connection to one another make the whole game worthwhile. Otherwise what have we got? Just 60 secs. of riffing? As long as we are on subject I would personally welcome feedback and positive encouragement.
        Comments and praise are more than welcome.
        Multi-quoting and off-topic conversations create unnecessary clutter.
        Thank you for your submissions Rodney Gene and good luck with your endeavors.

*Updated player list
        1. 9unslin9er
        2. ex-250
        3. alphadog808
        4. formula73
        5. zenmindbeginner
        6. Rockstar216
        7. *
        Last edited by 9unslin9er; 02-04-2013, 04:32 PM.
        AccountKiller

Comment

Haven't done this week's yet, but I finally got around to doing videos for the last 2.

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
          Originally posted by Aceman
          It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
            It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

I'm out, y'all.

Comment

Both internal and external factors have waned my interest in further moderating this thread. I wish the remaining members the best in their musicianship.

*Updated player list

1. ex-250
                2. alphadog808
                3. zenmindbeginner
                4. Rockstar216
                5. *
                6. *
                7. *
                AccountKiller

Comment

This **** just got real.

9slin9er is stepping down (at least temporarily), and I volunteered to take the reins. As my first act of business, I'm going to make this overwhelmingly more laissez-faire. I will almost certainly be the ruination of law & order in this game, but thats just how I like things. Heres how it'll go now...

-No static list of participants. If you want to record something, go for it. If you don't, or don't have time that week- whatever. You're not voted off the island.
                  -I will maintain the precedent of "first letter of solo artist's first name counts" because thats how its been going and changing this would just **** up continuity.
                  -I'd like to keep the 1 minute mark as a general guideline, but merely a guideline. Nobody has taken that limit seriously from almost the very beginning, so whatever. I've done entire songs on there before, sometimes you just get inspired. No problem with longer...or shorter, I guess.
                  -The entry dates remain the same- I'll post the letter of the week on Mondays (probably around 12am exactly, because if I leave it for when I wake up on Monday it may be on the late side- my weekends are Sun/Mon).
                  -Go butt-wild with comments, compliments, and sexual innuendo. We need as much encouragement as we can get. And it'd be nifty to have a 100-page thread in the end. Whatever.
                  -I'll try as best as possible to post a compendium of each week's entries at the end of said week. I spend too much time online anyhow, it shouldn't be any problem to gather that **** up even with the newly disorganized theme.
                  -I'm open to getting some variety in here. Singing, drums, mandolin, keyboards, harmonica, spoken word vocal readings, whatever. Yes its called Riffmaster, but I say lets make it weird. Just no skin-flute solos, sorry.
                  -If 9slin9er wants it back, I'll absolutely hand control back over. He thought it up, its his game. I'm just bastardizing it for a while.
                  -My goal is to hit Week 26, I just want to have riffs for every letter of the alphabet. After that, I may lost interest and **** off. We'll just have to wait and see.

Let the good times roll.

Comment

Oh and in case anyone is too lazy to go back a page-

Week 11 of Riffmaster 2012.

This weeks letter is: I

Comment

Looks like I'm back in.

Comment

There is no in, there is no out. There is only...the journey.

Comment

**** yeah.

All hail the new regime.

I'll probably have something for this week.

Comment

Here's my letter, "I"...As I didn't know any bands that started with I, I was going to cop out and do something uber easy, but I figured, why not try Iron Maiden? Never really listened to them; it's old/er music and their stuff must be easy to play, right?...My mistake! This song almost broke me as it exposed a picking/fingering weakness I had that made the solo unplayable for me unless I fixed it. Not only that, but I found these guys can play! Much respect to Iron Maiden!!

it ain't pretty, but good enough...my fingers are hurtin'!

Iron Maiden's - Aces High
                            Originally posted by ex-250
                            If its not up by Sunday, the penalty is death. Did you not read the fine print?

Comment

I may have to jump back in.

Comment

I went ahead and chose the Ides Of March's Vehicle.

I downloaded the backing track from guitarbackingtracks and really went to work making the song my own.

I did a bunch of subtle "behind the scenes" tracks to really flesh out the backing music and make it sound like something that I would be proud to solo over.

I then learned the actual solo of the song and tried to nail the hollowbody with a treble booster tone like the original guitar player got.

I then set out to do three solos that spoke with my own voice. Solos 1,2 and 4 are mine and the 3rd is me covering the original solo as closely as I could.

The first two solos were pre-planned and sort of composed... the last wild solo with the wah was improvisation.

Here it is and I am most proud of it. I am definitely breaking the one minute rule and I apologize in advance.

Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Working...
                                X