Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Aw damn, we doubled up on Maiden. But to be fair, they earned it.

Iron Maiden- Phantom of the Opera

(video should be up tomorrow)

Last edited by ex-250; 05-27-2013, 08:34 PM.
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Iron Maiden - Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Last edited by JOLLY; 02-11-2013, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Feel free to keep submitting "I," this was an odd transitional week so having it extend a bit couldn't hurt.

But this weeks real letter is: F
        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Foo Fighters- Generator

Sorry, I don't have a talkbox. Sounds substantially worse with just wah, but what can you do. ...besides go buy a talkbox, I guess.

Comment

Nice job on that, Jolly.

Through this week I plan on catching up on all the letters I missed if that's alright.

Comment

Ode to my hair metal roots...

I remember seeing this video a while back and if you watch the end closely when the guitar gets thrown out of the window, the (stunt)guy catching it has gloves, but then it quickly cuts back to the guy from Firehouse as if he caught the guitar(no gloves).. It must be bad editing if *I* caught that...I never see stuff like that.

Firehouse - Don't Treat Me Bad

Here's the vid...haha
              Last edited by alphadog808; 02-12-2013, 01:31 AM.
              Originally posted by ex-250
              If its not up by Sunday, the penalty is death. Did you not read the fine print?

Comment

I said theres a grace period, but I might as well start the "I" compendium for last week.

Week 11- I
                alphadog808- Iron Maiden- Aces High
                zenmindbeginner- Ides of March- Vehicle
                ex-250- Iron Maiden- Phantom of the Opera
                JOLLY- Iron Maiden- Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Comment

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
                  I went ahead and chose the Ides Of March's Vehicle.

I downloaded the backing track from guitarbackingtracks and really went to work making the song my own.

I did a bunch of subtle "behind the scenes" tracks to really flesh out the backing music and make it sound like something that I would be proud to solo over.

I then learned the actual solo of the song and tried to nail the hollowbody with a treble booster tone like the original guitar player got.

I then set out to do three solos that spoke with my own voice. Solos 1,2 and 4 are mine and the 3rd is me covering the original solo as closely as I could.

The first two solos were pre-planned and sort of composed... the last wild solo with the wah was improvisation.

Here it is and I am most proud of it. I am definitely breaking the one minute rule and I apologize in advance.

I've never heard of Ides of March so I didn't listen to this one until just now, but man you're really tearing **** up here. Very nice.

Comment

I'm gonna join in for a bit. Got a good idea for F.

Comment

Tried something new! No more goddamned iPhone clips for me...though I'm still working on the bugs.

Biggest of which is not having a drum program. 2nd biggest bug is that the tone sounds NOTHING like it did coming out of the amp. I dare say the iPhone sounded...better:

Fastway: Say What You Will

I recorded this on a Line6 SpiderJam that I picked up years ago. They're not exactly known for their tone but coming out of the amp, it was middy and fantastic. Here, it's woofy and fizzy. I'll figure it out...

Comment

Foreigner - Double Vision

Comment

'ere we are, guv'na!

Finntroll - Trollhammaren (I accidentally the whole thing)

I love the tones I'm getting from these '59s

Comment

I'm so glad somebody did Trollhammeren.

Comment

haha I figured you'd like that

Comment

This week's letter is: H

Last week's roundup:
                                Week 12- F
                                ex-250- Foo Fighters- Generator
                                alphadog808- Firehouse- Don't Treat Me Bad
                                formula73- Fastway- Say What You Will
                                JOLLY- Foreigner- Double Vision
                                CTN- Finntroll- Trollhammaren
                                zenmindbeginner- Frida- I Know Theres Something Going On
                                Last edited by ex-250; 02-27-2013, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X