Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Thanks brosef! I had quite a bit of fun doing the guitars, bass and vocals. Don't think I've ever played in B standard before...the strings really have a lot of growl to them. Also, Lord knows what the neighbors were thinking while I was belting out the death metal vox....I messed up quite a bit and had to do them over a whole bunch of times hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
      Totally forgot Halford. I could've just finished this that I did in December (just needs the leads)...

Instead I did this random nonsense.
      Huey Lewis & The News- Hip To Be A Square
      https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3444936/AlphabetRiffs/H.mp3
      unholy sh!t.

Both those are so heavy. Love the sludgey take on that Huey Lewis tune lol

Comment

WOW! So much damn rawk and metal has been uploaded in this thread in the last week or so.

CTN's opus offering with the detuned crunchy goodness was extremely well done!

ex-250's note for note Iron Maiden classic (with killer video I might add) was a total treat as was his demented and sick (in a good way) revision of Huey Lewis' glossy 80's schlock.

Jammin' s**t for sure.

So... I'm a week late and just now linking to my offering for last week. If I get off of my arse and learn a song for this week, I will be blown away.

I chose Frida for "F" - It's pop from the 80's... and yes, I'm old. lolz

My version of Daryl Stuermer's solo from former ABBA frontwoman Frida's solo debut in 1982. I grew up listening to the radio edit of the solo and wanted to sort of preserve that solo while keeping true to the length of the original solo section. The edited solo was divided in half and spread apart so that there was a good chunk missing out of the middle of the solo section.

I came up with some sort of psuedo-legato stuff which is a bit out of character for me since I find it difficult.

The synths were all done on the guitar through my Line 6 POD X3 Live. I created the solo section from the intro and added some other low level guitar tracks to flesh it out a bit. A guitar track that was tuned down an octave was added for the bass and the previously mentioned guitar synth tracks round out the mix.

The chorus sound comes from my vintage EH Clone Theory used in the effects loop of my Line 6 unit. Listening on headphones is really cool with all of the psycho acoustic stuff I did to the track.
        Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

This week's letter is: D

So many damn options for this.
          Originally posted by Aceman
          It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

I'm gonna try to do something non-metal this week.

Comment

I will try to get something in. We'll see.

Comment

Not my entry for this week, but I have this laying around waiting to be finished so I thought I'd post it just like the Halford tune last week...

David Bowie- Moonage Daydream
                It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

I have no idea how, "Mr. Scary" does the repeating part without tapping, but this mere mortal cannot!

Oh yah, and I did it in standard tuning, too lazy to drop down to Eb.

Dokken - In My Dreams
                  Last edited by alphadog808; 02-26-2013, 04:42 PM.
                  Originally posted by ex-250
                  If its not up by Sunday, the penalty is death. Did you not read the fine print?

Comment

A bit late with the Week 13 Roundup, H.

alphadog808- The Heights - How Do You Talk to an Angel
                    ex-250- Huey Lewis & The News- Hip To Be A Square
                    CTN- Hypocrisy - The Abyss

Comment

Down- Lifer

Comment

man it is scary how perfectly you nailed that tone!

sounds killer!

Comment

Twas all Phat Cat too. You can definitely hear some of that single coil snap, but yeah its pleasantly similar to the original tone.
                          Phat Cat with one of the A2s pulled for an A8, that is.
                          Last edited by ex-250; 02-28-2013, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                            **** yeah. Perfectly done. I was singin' right along.

Comment

Hey-I did something! Nevermind the flubs (it's so much easier to hide behind the rest of the band and LOTS of gain). Phat Staples=Dejesus.

Def Leppard: Let It Go. This is when they were still NWOBHM before all the 80s pop-ness. Don't be afraid to check out the On Through The Night and High 'n' Dry albums for a heaping helping of awesomeness.

Last edited by formula73; 03-03-2013, 04:49 PM.

Comment

How could I pass up an opportunity to do a Dokken tune? Even though Alphadog808 already explored some of the Lynchmeister's goodness, but I just couldn't resist the temptation.

The Hunter solo is just flowing melodic beauty and remains the benchmark (in my book) for an exciting, fresh, emotional and engaging solo. It's absolutely iconic in my world.

So... I cut a track earlier this week, didn't like it, erased it and then recorded another. I wasn't pleased and needed to do it as note for note as I could and set out to learn it as such.

Well, I ran late and haven't re-done the solo yet and it's Sunday... soooo I'll just be happy with the second time around and do without a third I suppose.

Here it is, the backing track is not so great, but I made do anyhoo.

Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Working...
                                X