Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

This week's letter is: K

Sorry for the confusion if anyone saw my original choice, but I just got something special in mind for next week.

Week 14 Roundup- D
    alphadog808- Dokken- In My Dreams
    ex-250- Down- Lifer
    formula73- Def Leppard- Let It Go
    Dokken- The Hunter
    Last edited by ex-250; 03-05-2013, 10:08 PM.
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

King Diamond- Welcome Home

It was really hard to pick 1 minute, every damn riff in this song is my favorite. So I just did the intro & outro.

If only I was good at falsetto, this really made me want to sing about grandma.
      Last edited by ex-250; 03-05-2013, 10:40 PM.
      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

NICE!!!

Comment

Damn, my drum track was slow.

Comment

Goddammit...I hadn't read this since Monday.

Ok. My 'K'...Lenny Kravitz: Always On The Run. I realized after the fact that I biffed and I suppose that counts as 'L' and not 'K'. Mah bad.

Last edited by formula73; 03-06-2013, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Muh muh muh my Sharona! You don't usually hear this solo part on the radio/Mtv as I think they edited it out as the song was too long, but man, I dig it! I assume it's on the album version, not sure tho. Lots of pentatonic/major licks to steal and put up your sleeve...for me, at least.

The Knack - My Sharona

Might try to clean up a few parts if I end up having the time, sorry for the slop!
              Originally posted by ex-250
              If its not up by Sunday, the penalty is death. Did you not read the fine print?

Comment

This week's letter is: T

T was my original pick for last week, but I changed it minutes after posting because I realized- 6 days from today is St. Pats so this week's letter should correspond to Thin Lizzy. And so it does.

Week 15 Roundup- K
                ex-250- King Diamond- Welcome Home
                formula73- Kravitz, Lenny- Always On The Run
                alphadog808- The Knack- My Sharona
                Last edited by ex-250; 03-11-2013, 08:39 AM.

Comment

You know, I thought about playing some Thin Lizzy but decided not to. My 'T':

Comment

hahaha, thats awesome and completely unexpected

Comment

I figured I'd just post what I have now. I may procrastinate the solo into oblivion, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Thin Lizzy- Bad Reputation

*edit- I just did a really ****ty take on the solo. I recommend listening only to the above version.

**and finally, a video.

Last edited by ex-250; 03-18-2013, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Dude, I can't listen here on the ship but I KNOW that riff. That song is badass, start to finish, but it's the "turn yourself around" part that really gets me going.

Comment

Come on kids, gotta be more than 2 people on this one

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                            Come on kids, gotta be more than 2 people on this one
                            I just started learning the "riff(s)" last night before I fell asleep and have been continuing today.

I must admit... I'm wearin' me fingers down a bit and need to give it a rest or I won't even be in shape to lay it down.

It'll most likely be down sometime tomorrow I suppose (unless I get lucky tonight and record something decent).

Sorry for my slackness.
                            Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

I was more trying to encourage than scold. haha

Comment

I'll keep uploading crappy videos til the cows come home.

Comment

Working...
                                X