Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

I haven't done a video in a month. I've got some catching up to do.
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Well, my "T" is Toto and the "riff" is the 1st solo from Rosanna. I recorded and mixed it during the commercial breaks of The Walking Dead. I think it was my 3rd take. Duncan CS '78 Model.

I wanted to do the 2nd solo too, but will just have to wait until "T" comes around again... it took me nearly a full day's worth of practice to not play that solo like a schlemiel, so the other one is much harder and will take me probably a full week to get it spot on.

Without further ado, my entry for the week:

Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

This week's letter is: W

Week 16 Roundup- T
        formula73- Tom Jones- Its Not Unusual
        ex250- Thin Lizzy- Bad Reputation
        zenmindbeginner- Toto- Rosanna
        alphadog808- Thin Lizzy- Still In Love With You
        Last edited by ex-250; 03-25-2013, 08:32 AM.
        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Woods of Ypres is perhaps my favorite band, and their music really means a lot to me.
          ...but instead of making a serious attempt at covering something of theirs, I ended up doing this.

WASP as you've never heard them before.

Comment

I was too tickled by it not to add vocals.

Not good by any means, but this is the first thing I've sung it about a year and a half. I'm very out of practice.

Comment

Hey sorry for missing the letter, "T", I was out of town. On the upside, I got to check out some guitar centers!(None in Hawaii...yet!) If I have time, maybe I'll swing back and do a "T".

Anyways, back to the grind, here's my, "W". White Lion's, "Wait". This took me a while to do in one take...so much bending, tapping, etc. Even with all those takes, this one has a few screwed notes...but oh well, I think it's close enough, no way can I even dream to copy Vito Bratta!

Originally posted by ex-250
              If its not up by Sunday, the penalty is death. Did you not read the fine print?

Comment

To catch up on my, "T"...

Thin Lizzy's, "Still in Love With You".

To be honest, I didn't even know Gary Moore was in TL! Man, that guy got some soul and tone!

Can anyone recommend some other must listen to Thin Lizzy songs?
                Originally posted by ex-250
                If its not up by Sunday, the penalty is death. Did you not read the fine print?

Comment

Lately I've been preferring their later material, where theres just harmonies out the ass. Its hard to go wrong though.

Nice job, by the way.

Comment

Woah!!! I get my entry in before Sunday? This is too weird.

My "W" is Wes Montgomery. I chose 4 on 6 since it is one of my all time favs.

I used my Hamer Jazz 5. The guitar has a pair of Gibson 57 Classics... and I just don't like em'. Too honky and hard for me to get my tone with em'.

I didn't spend much time on getting a good take... I just went for it as fast as possible.

I wish the Gibsons were Seths... but I suppose I have an old set of DiMarzio mid 70s PAFs and I'll prolly just throw em' in there after I get some gold covers and screws for them
                    Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

This week's letter is: J

Week 17 Roundup- W
                      ex-250- WASP- Animal (F*ck Like A Beast)
                      alphadog808- White Lion- Wait
                      zenmindbeginner- Wes Montgomery- 4 on 6

Comment

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
                        Woah!!! I get my entry in before Sunday? This is too weird.

My "W" is Wes Montgomery. I chose 4 on 6 since it is one of my all time favs.

I used my Hamer Jazz 5. The guitar has a pair of Gibson 57 Classics... and I just don't like em'. Too honky and hard for me to get my tone with em'.

I didn't spend much time on getting a good take... I just went for it as fast as possible.

Very nice. Your variety is valued among the rest of us metal kids.

Comment

I've got a couple decent ideas for this week. I'll catch up on my W, too.

Comment

Judas Priest- Rocka Rolla

You can tell I'm trying a new amp model, tone's not quite right. Oh well. Fun to play at the very least.
                            Last edited by ex-250; 03-26-2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Jerry Reed-Amos Moses

Nevermind the toothpaste on my shirt or flat singing now and then. This song gave me fits. The things I do for you people.

Comment

It sure would be cool if somebody else would post some stuff...

Comment

Working...
                                X