Clear All

• Re: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

This week's letter is: U

Week 18 Roundup- J
    ex-250- Judas Priest- Rock Rolla
    formula73- Jerry Reed- Amos Moses
    alphadog808- Journey- Lights
    zenmindbeginner- Journey- Don't Stop Believing
    Last edited by ex-250; 04-29-2013, 05:40 PM.
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Sorry, my "J" is late...and a cop out..haha. Old recording that I did of Journey's, "Lights". I was using the boss BR532 recorder and its effects back then. The tone is *alright* for a funky old device...

Originally posted by ex-250
      If its not up by Sunday, the penalty is death. Did you not read the fine print?

Comment

Wow, I'm early.. My letter U is, UFO's, "Only You Can Rock Me". Very soulful/unique sounding solo, I can see why people like Schenker so much. Reminds me that there are so many licks I've never heard/used within the major scale. It's also a nice bonus about this, "game", I hear songs and bands that I wouldn't normally listen to.

Last edited by alphadog808; 04-04-2013, 01:14 AM.

Comment

My 'U' is the intro from UFO's Rock Bottom from Strangers In The Night. Awesome album. I figured I'd hook up my Weber Mass and crank the **** out of it to get some natural break up. It's still earth-shatteringly loud. That's not string noise you hear; the Mass has a high booster at +3 and +6 db to put back in some of the stuff you take out. I like.

Comment

Totally forgot to upload this.

Uriah Heep- The Wizard
            It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

This week's letter is: E

Week 19 Roundup- U
              alphadog808- UFO- Only You Can Rock Me
              formula73- UFO- Rock Bottom
              ex-250- Uriah Heep- The Wizard

Comment

Did we already do E?

Comment

Pretty sure we didn't. I have a big list written out, E was untouched.

Comment

Right you are. I did an 'E' earlier right before the big **** storm that ruined the vibe. I'll try another one for this week.

Comment

...hahaha. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3444936/AlphabetRiffs/E.mp3

Comment

This week's letter is: Y

Week 20 "Roundup"- E
                        ex-250- Europe- The Final Countdown
                        alphadog808- Europe- Superstitious
                        Last edited by ex-250; 04-22-2013, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Yardbirds- Heart Full of Soul

Comment

Still working on my, "E"....Here's my, "Y"

Yngwie Malmsteen's, "I'll See The Light Tonight".

Comment

Whew, finally finished my "E"...I really really like this solo, sooo melodic. I had a hard time getting that fast part right, but just let it rip and sooner or later I got a good enough take! I still don't know how he plays it with his guitar slung so low, I can't play that high and fast unless I play the guitar way up like the beatles!

Europe's, "Superstitious"
                              Last edited by alphadog808; 04-19-2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Both sound great. Almost makes me want to put the effort into learning the solo from a song for one of these weeks. Almost.

Comment

Working...
                                X