• Show
Clear All

• Re: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

This week's letter is: G

Week 21 "Roundup"- Y
    ex-250- Yardbirds- Heart Full of Soul
    alphadog808- Yngwie Malmsteen- I'll See The Light Tonight
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Graveyard- Hisingen Blues

I even did a video this week. I probably wasn't going to until I realized I was wearing my Graveyard shirt today. Then I knew it was meant to be.

Last edited by ex-250; 04-22-2013, 10:21 AM.
      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
        Graveyard- Hisingen Blues

I even did a video this week. I probably wasn't going to until I realized I was wearing my Graveyard shirt today. Then I knew it was meant to be.

That is so damn RAWK, it is almost a little overwhelming... I LOVE this!!!!!!!!! You did a KILLER job man, I am really impressed.
        Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Why thank you. It kinda makes me wish I did the whole song, but alas- lazy. I basically just recorded around the solos so I didn't have to learn them. haha

Comment

I got something this week! I was messing with the attenuator again and I think I found myself a fairly decent tone. 498T/490R, A2 in both.

George Thorogood: Treat Her Right.

(level's kinda high)

Comment

Was gonna redo the Sweet Child O' Mine main solo, but ahhhh, taboo... Decided to learn Great White's, "Once Bitten, Twice Shy". Short, sweet and I think there's a lick or two I can steal in there...

Used my "new" craigslist Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster. Never even tried a tele before but I heard such good things about the classic vibe line that when I saw one for so cheap, I had to jump on it....Even though this isn't a "real" tele, it sounds pretty dang good! It just has a certain biting, crisp but sweet tone...now if they only made it look more metal...

EDIT: Redid it, had a part that was bugging me.
              Last edited by alphadog808; 04-26-2013, 12:56 AM.
              Originally posted by ex-250
              If its not up by Sunday, the penalty is death. Did you not read the fine print?

Comment

I am sooooo far behind, it ain't even funny. I got jumbled up on "J" and never recovered. I was torn between Jimi Hendrix and Jaio Gilberto... I needed new strings for my classical and so just went with Jimi. I started to make a Jimi patch and realized that it just was not gonna happen with the Line 6 even though I was trying over and over. I finally broke a string (Dean Markley Jimi Hendrix strings - I donlikem) doing a high bend and thought that was a sign to stop. So, no Jimi and I was running out of time that week. I set out to do a Journey song and just never followed through with it. I'm in the wedding business and the season started already so I've been sidetracked a bit. Plus, I have another SD CS review to do and I've been practicing other stuff.

So, in short, here's my f**king "J" entry. Don't Stop Believing... I worked super hard on this and tried to really capture Schon's feel and emotion on this one. There are a couple of sonic treats of walls of harmony guitar (I don't normally do that stuf... in fact I don't think I ever have) in there. I used a backing track that doesn't sound that great, but it's at the very least acceptable for a cover.

Don't Stop Believing

Sorry to be so late guys.
                Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

This week's letter is: Q

Week 22 Roundup- G
                  ex-250- Graveyard- Hisingen Blues
                  formula73- George Thorogood- Treat Her Right
                  alphadog808- Great White- Once Bitten Twice Shy
                  zenmindbeginner- Guns N Roses- Roecket Queen
                  Last edited by ex-250; 05-06-2013, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Wow. Thats a rough one.

Comment

is there anything ex-250 can't play, lol

Comment

Well, that was certainly worth waiting for!

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
                        I am sooooo far behind, it ain't even funny. I got jumbled up on "J" and never recovered. I was torn between Jimi Hendrix and Jaio Gilberto... I needed new strings for my classical and so just went with Jimi. I started to make a Jimi patch and realized that it just was not gonna happen with the Line 6 even though I was trying over and over. I finally broke a string (Dean Markley Jimi Hendrix strings - I donlikem) doing a high bend and thought that was a sign to stop. So, no Jimi and I was running out of time that week. I set out to do a Journey song and just never followed through with it. I'm in the wedding business and the season started already so I've been sidetracked a bit. Plus, I have another SD CS review to do and I've been practicing other stuff.

So, in short, here's my f**king "J" entry. Don't Stop Believing... I worked super hard on this and tried to really capture Schon's feel and emotion on this one. There are a couple of sonic treats of walls of harmony guitar (I don't normally do that stuf... in fact I don't think I ever have) in there. I used a backing track that doesn't sound that great, but it's at the very least acceptable for a cover.

Don't Stop Believing

Sorry to be so late guys.

Comment

Quorthon- It's Ok

This video is super ****ty. By the time I got it on the computer and saw how painfully out of focus it is, I really didnt feel like doing it over again. So...deal with it.

Last edited by ex-250; 05-06-2013, 07:55 AM.

Comment

I was waiting for "Q" to come around...

Queensryche's, "Jet City Woman"

According to my math, we're almost done? I think 3 more letters to go?
                            Originally posted by ex-250
                            If its not up by Sunday, the penalty is death. Did you not read the fine print?

Comment

Yep- L, Z, A.

Comment

My viking pumpkin may be the best thing involved in this entire game.

Comment

Working...
                                X