Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Well, here is my "G"... Guns 'n' Roses - Rocket Queen! I'm only doing the main riff for the 2nd part.
    SD CS '78 Model + Line 6 POD X3 Live + Badgerplex AC + ISP Decimator

This one's short and sweet and was designed so I can get caught up. I think I'm gonna sit out "Q" and "U"... I should have my "E" some time next week and should be caught up by then. : )
    Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

This week's letter is: L

Week 23 Roundup- Q
      ex-250- Quorthon- Its Ok
      alphadog808- Queensryche- Jet City Woman
      Originally posted by Aceman
      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Lamb of God- Barbarosa

It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Oh and since theres no guesswork involved with the last 2 letters (A and Z, though we'll do them in the reverse order...I want to end on A for the hell of it) its not against the rules or anything to start planning or even recording them. I say this because I just started my entry for A. Its 10 minutes of epic doom, so I don't want to rush it like I do most things.
          Last edited by ex-250; 05-07-2013, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Light at the end of the tunnel!

L.A. Guns', "Ballad of Jayne"
            Last edited by alphadog808; 05-07-2013, 02:18 AM.
            Originally posted by ex-250
            If its not up by Sunday, the penalty is death. Did you not read the fine print?

Comment

Here's another one of my past dues for "E"

The Eagles - I Can't Tell You Why (solos 1 & 2)

Played on my hollowbody Hamer Jazz 5 the wiring needs re-doing on this one, I have to roll the tone knob all the way back to avoid some nasty buzzy noise) Thank God SD just did a blog on how to wire a hollowbody! : )

So the track is smoother and the highs are more rounded than I ever planned... still sounds pretty cool though

Glenn Frey did the solos on this tune and I have always been a fan of his playing... lots of feel and some great bluesy bends.
              Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	30137114.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	5768269

But nice job nonetheless.

Comment

This week's letter is: Z

Week 24 Roundup- L
                  ex-250- Lamb of God- Barbarosa
                  alphadog808- LA Guns- Ballad of Jayne

Comment

Not too many "Z" bands that I know of...

ZZtop's, "Rough Boy". I really don't dig that much of ZZtop's stuff, but there's something about that song...doesn't sound like something they would have put out(which is maybe why I like it). I was going to do the outro solo, but I didn't have time...

Comment

Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to play lately (and even at my...modest...skill level, it shows) but here's ZZ Top's "La Grange" that I stuck together in a few minutes this evening. I somewhat shortened the verse for time and because you wouldn't be able to hear the words, anyway, my throat being utterly trashed, as it is. I would have liked to redo this til I got it right; alas, no such luck. The next take was interrupted by the wife informing me it was bedtime for the kid.

Comment

Ugh, I haven't even started my "Z". I have 10 hours to come up with something, guess thats not bad.

My "A" song is grandiose as hell though. And I'm almost finished, just need to do the acoustic parts.

Comment

A rush job, but I managed to get it done just in time before Mad Men.

Zwan- Honestly

"Honestly" I've never heard this song before today. But I needed a Z and the only thing I could think of was ZZ Top. And I'd be the 3rd one.
                          Its odd considering my love of Smashing Pumpkins that I never checked out Zwan. Though having done so now, I don't think I was really missing much.
                          Last edited by ex-250; 05-20-2013, 12:33 PM.

Comment

In case you lack all sense and powers of deductive reasoning,
                            This week's letter is: A

Week 25 Roundup- Z
                            alphadog808- ZZ Top- Rough Boy
                            formula73- ZZ Top- La Grange
                            ex-250- Zwan- Honestly

Next week is it. I think the original plan when 9unslin9er created this was to go through twice so the game lasts a full year, but I am at least stepping down after this first run through the alphabet. I haven't missed a week, and it just feels nice and complete to end it now.

The question is how you kids would prefer the full compendium of entries to be posted (because yes I'm actually going to do it)- Alphabetical order (A,B,C...) or chronological (Week 1, week 2, etc.) order?
                            Last edited by ex-250; 05-20-2013, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Nice job man. You deeyud eet.

But I'm thinkin' alphabetical order would be best.

Comment

WooHoo, I'm done!

Avenged Sevenfold's, "Seize the Day"

Much thanks to 9unslin9er for starting this and ex-250 for keeping it going!

I'm pretty much indifferent on the ordering of the list(I think it'll be cool to see it all together tho). I guess if anything it'll be easier to find bands if it's in alphabetical order...

Comment

Working...
                                X