Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

I'm starting a new game because a few of the guys on Jolly's enjoyed the performance component of it. I for one enjoy discovering new bands that may not have enjoyed mainstream status and have slipped under my generational radar.

The rules of Riffmaster 2012 are simple and non-competetive:

Each week, I will select a letter of the alphabet. All participants of this game will select a band that begins with the letter of the alphabet and record a video/audio clip (maximum 1 minute) from a song of theirs. This can be a riff, a fill, a chorus, a solo, anything that showcases that band and that song. There are 52 weeks in a year, which means each letter will be repeated once. There will be 7 participants at any given time. If you do not record a clip within the week's time, you will receive a red flag. A second absence will remove your position as a riffmaster and a new volunteer will take your place. Of course, special exceptions will be made for reasonable absenteeism. This game will formally begin this Monday, 11/26/2012. Start listening to your old albums.

1. 9unslin9er
    2. Jolly
    3. alphadog808
    4. TheLivingDead
    5. ex-250
    6. formula73
    7. slyfoxx

PM me with your interest in this game. By the end of this game, we should have a huge catalog of song samples across a ton of genres and improve our musicianship.
    Last edited by 9unslin9er; 11-25-2012, 12:02 PM.
    AccountKiller

Re: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Haha...I'm definitely guilty of the latter. Apologies.
    AccountKiller

Comment

9unslin9er, is Yngwie Malmsteen(for instance) a "Y" or a "M"?
      Originally posted by ex-250
      If its not up by Sunday, the penalty is death. Did you not read the fine print?

Comment

For the sake of this game and easy Googling, only given/personal names will correspond to the alphabet.
        Yngwie Malmsteen would fall under "Y"
        Last edited by 9unslin9er; 11-23-2012, 09:32 PM.
        AccountKiller

Comment

Groovy idea! I'm in.

Let me ask you though, do we have within a full week to get something recorded for the specific letter?

Also... Why not have it completely open to the forum instead of just 7 people? Thinking it'd be a lot better that way. The more the merrier, no?

Comment

Like Jolly said, while everyone's playing and gear is respected on this forum, it is very easy for a a collaboration like this to go south with bickering about rules and regulations and what should be done or not.

I'd like to keep it simple and small for now. That's why I made it so that if someone can't post or keep up with the schedule (myself included) they are free to drop out or have someone act as proxy. As long as each of the 7 players makes a post every week, we should have an amazing library going.

Of course, I ask all members reading this thread to be respectful as spectators. You are more than free to start your own thread, but let us have our game in peace and avoid slander or trolling.

Yes. Players have 1 full week to post a video.

In the interest of keeping this as organized as possible, please make all requests to join through PM. Please do all ass-kissing and high-fiving through PM as well. Remember it's not a contest, just to expand our personal rock catalog and listen in on each others' gear. If this thread isn't your thing and you have no desire to join, please keep it to yourself. There are some of us who want it to work. Thanks in advance.
            Last edited by 9unslin9er; 11-24-2012, 01:06 AM.
            AccountKiller

Comment

I'd love to but this is going to crash and burn like Jolly's. I spent a good hour up there in the middle of the night recording a bunch of clips through my crappy Iphone to get back and see the thread nuked. I won't do it again.

Comment

I want in
                Originally posted by Aceman
                It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Alrighty. See ya'll here Monday then.
                  Last edited by TheLivingDead; 11-24-2012, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Riffmaster 2012 starts promptly tomorrow morning ~0900 hours.
                    I need (2) more volunteers! Who's going to man-up and show us their chops?
                    We WILL go on with 5 players. Hopefully people will jump on the bandwagon once they see the creativity involved.

See y'all tomorrow.
                    AccountKiller

Comment

Oh goddammit. I'm in.

Comment

^^^Haha. Knew it.

IN!
                        Last edited by 9unslin9er; 11-25-2012, 11:59 AM.
                        AccountKiller

Comment

Count me in for any future variations that use original riffs, but this will be fun to watch from the sidelines.

Comment

Registration for Riffmaster 2012 is officially closed at this time!

Hope everyone is working off that tryptophan from their systems from the feast! Get your fingers warmed up and camcorder memory sticks cleared!
                            This S#IT is on!
                            AccountKiller

Comment

Count me in as long as you don't mind sloppy riffs and my recordings thru that little 9v mini twin
                              Last edited by 51501984; 11-25-2012, 01:46 PM.
                              When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Working...
                              X