Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Good morning all! Happy MLK Day! It's 1/21/2012 and Week 9 of Riffmaster 2012.

In remembrance of the good reverend and his accomplishments this weeks letter is: M
    AccountKiller

Comment

I don't know how or why, but I totally felt M coming when I woke up this morning. haha
      Originally posted by Aceman
      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

M...dig!

Comment

I canNOT stop listening to that country...damn!

Comment

With all this new blood showing off talent and production, a lesser man would be tempted to pick something technical and work really hard on it. But me, I went the opposite direction and got extra raw. Cause its the ****ing Misfits.

Misfits- Dig Up Her Bones

You might call it...Fugly. (hint- guess what pickup makes its recorded debut here)
            So many good choices for M though. I had a hard time resisting Metallica, Megadeth, Motorhead, Mastodon.
            Last edited by ex-250; 02-04-2013, 03:57 PM.
            It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
              But me, I went the opposite direction and got extra raw. Cause its the ****ing Misfits.

Misfits- Dig Up Her Bones

You might call it...Fugly. (hint- guess what pickup makes its recorded debut here)
              So many good choices for M though. I had a hard time resisting Metallica, Megadeth, Motorhead, Mastodon.
              What are you talking about? This is great! Great energy and tone brother ex! I appreciate it...and man you show up with these so fast! Ill be sweatin it out all week to lean my tune.
              Thanks for setting the standard properly!

Much Respect,

Rodney Gene, Austin Texas
              Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Comment

Why thank you. Raw doesn't necessarily mean bad though, its just very unrefined and entirely first-take.

I tend to pick things up relatively quickly, I suppose it helps when its just heavy-handed punkness. I've never played this before today, though its one of my favorite Misfits tracks as far as normal listening goes. My love of the Graves material rivals that of the Danzig material at times.

As far as the fugly comment goes, this is indeed the Fuglybucker in my BC Rich Gunslinger. I'll probably do my video portion tomorrow so you can see it in action. I'm pretty sure this makes it all my guitars I've used in the riffmaster series. Though I've only used one of my basses, still 2 more to go. I think I've used all of them recording, but I've only included one in the videos so far. Not sure how I'll include my mandolin in these though. Maybe when "L" comes up.
                Last edited by ex-250; 01-21-2013, 08:06 PM.

Comment

I have officially decided I like having Rodney here.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, as well as a big-dick playa.

Comment

I nominate "big-dick playa" as his new gloss.

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                        Why thank you. Raw doesn't necessarily mean bad though, its just very unrefined and entirely first-take.

I tend to pick things up relatively quickly, I suppose it helps when its just heavy-handed punkness. I've never played this before today, though its one of my favorite Misfits tracks as far as normal listening goes. My love of the Graves material rivals that of the Danzig material at times.

As far as the fugly comment goes, this is indeed the Fuglybucker in my BC Rich Gunslinger. I'll probably do my video portion tomorrow so you can see it in action. I'm pretty sure this makes it all my guitars I've used in the riffmaster series. Though I've only used one of my basses, still 2 more to go. I think I've used all of them recording, but I've only included one in the videos so far. Not sure how I'll include my mandolin in these though. Maybe when "L" comes up.
                        Good on you bro. You obviously have a really good ear. Transcribing is slow-a$$ process for me and being dyslexic I cannot read tabs (my skills are working with artists). I appreciate the vids you have made, they are all quality and creative. Look forward to more.

Have a great week~

Much Respect,

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                          That is a very generous thing to say brother F73. Gracias! Please note the feeling is mutual and I appreciate the welcome (er...back).

Ahahaha. Please...no. The term 'playa' and me...don't work too well together. Include the term 'Buddha' or 'Elvis' somewhere and we may have some resonance at the heart level!~ Helps me stay grounded.

Much Respect,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37984[/ATTACH]
                          Hmmm...perhaps something to do with copious amounts of body hair?

Comment

I'm...out this week gents. My apologies. I have a great tune, great many choices in M for artists but something came up that will (and is required) to keep me musically busy till Tuesday. Will be back next week.

Thanks!! Look forward to the entries! Anybody want my spot for the week? (I will be getting it back!)

Much Respect,

Comment

Man, it's been a busy week...the good thing about this game is that it forces me to practice and make time to woodshed a little for my recordings...This needs more practice, but I'm out of time so, it's the best it's gonna get for now; that first fast run is a doozy for me...

Megadeth-Symphony of Destruction
                              Originally posted by ex-250
                              If its not up by Sunday, the penalty is death. Did you not read the fine print?

Comment

**** I never did video for mine. Guess I'll do it with tomorrow's entry.

Comment

Working...
                                X