Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Good morning! Welcome to the first week of Riffmaster 2012!

This week's letter is N
    AccountKiller

Comment

Testing...

Whoa, it worked. N?! The letter N? Really? Nazareth is the only thing I could think of. So here's the basic riff to "Son of a...girl dog" or is it "Hair of the Dog"? Anyhoo...
      Last edited by SlyFoxx; 11-26-2012, 04:37 PM.

Comment

******, now I have to learn something. haha
        Originally posted by Aceman
        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

N?

Dammit. I was going to post that Nazareth riff, too. Grrr...

Comment

That's why I got busy early. Well actually I had in my mind that "A" would be first and worked up a nice solo that wasn't ac/dc or aerosmith and then I found out it was "N". I got nervous 'cause I could only think of Nickelback and Nazareth and I really only know two Nback songs and both would not have been too good here.

Comment

Oh, so nobody is guessing the song/artist?

In that case, mine will be "Northern October" by Northern Ontario Black Metal Preservation Society.

Though highly doubt anyone was going to do that. haha
              It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

This is my submission for the letter N:

Night Ranger - Don't Tell Me You Love Me

Oops, I went over the one minute mark by 16 seconds. This was recorded with my JB loaded Charvel San Dimas Style 2 2H. I was playing through my Blackstar HT-5 with a TC Electronic G Major in the loop.

I figure since we have a week to do this, I may re-record everything on my Roland VS-1880 DAW and make it sound a hell of alot better.....just for the hell of it.

Since this new software will not allow me to post the video of the original song, here is a link to it.

Last edited by JOLLY; 11-26-2012, 06:27 PM.

Comment

First band used to play it. NOFX Bottles To The Ground. It's a fun riff and the song kinda skips beats towards the end. It's really a blast to play.

I dig that Nazareth, too! I believe it's called Hair of the Dog. I play it a bit differently.
                  Last edited by formula73; 11-26-2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Ultrasonics in thar?

Comment

Yep. A pair of Ref 6s. My video tone sucks, too. It's much bigger in person, obviously, but I don't really have much in the way of recording media...iphone.

Comment

For those who have posted, thanks for your quick responses.
                        Jolly: Yes Nelly Furtado would count under "N"

There are more than enough bands out there that begin with every letter of the alphabet and enough songs to go twice over.

While it is frowned upon, there is nothing wrong with posting clips of the same song but by two different players.
                        And I do specify "TWO". 3 people resorting to Nazarath is just ridiculous.
                        Are you guys forgetting Nirvana?

Jolly: Please condense your postings (20-21-22). Otherwise this thread will have 10 million posts by the time it ends.

The whole point of this game is to learn songs in genres you may not usually listen to. It will expand your technique and knowledge.

Re-recordings are allowed as long as they are of the exact song. Please delete your original posting and replace with the new recording.
                        Please do your best to keep clips under a minute. Speed it up or cut things out. Your choice.

Mine should be up tomorrow.
                        Last edited by 9unslin9er; 11-26-2012, 07:24 PM.
                        AccountKiller

Comment

Here we go. Slightly sloppy, but...yknow...liquor.

Northern Ontario Black Metal Preservation Society (NOBMPS)- Northern October
                          Recorded with Viper-300 w/ Phat Cat bridge into PODxt

Now with video. because all the other kids were doing it

*edit- Yes, I redid this one. I like having the original track in the background.
                          Last edited by ex-250; 12-03-2012, 08:31 PM.

Comment

****IN LOL AT :14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh...and what is it?

Comment

I think the fact that you can plainly see I'm only wearing boxers is really the finishing touch.

Comment

I did notice that but not until watching :14 for the upteenth time.

Comment

Working...
                                X