Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
    I got a buzz, and I went over one minute, as usual. Here is my contribution. For the letter C, I choose The Cult - Love Removal Machine off of one of the greatest albums of all time, Electric.
    And this here is the very reason I wanted to do this game. I just met this song, but I love it.
    AccountKiller

Comment

Now with video

Oh and it was recorded with that guitar- LTD Alexi V with a Full Shred in the bridge.
      Last edited by ex-250; 12-03-2012, 08:29 PM.
      Originally posted by Aceman
      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

HAH! Nice one dude!

Comment

Nice Santa!! Sorry I'm not as creative/original...Here's my crack at "C"...Collective Soul's, "Shine"...

Last edited by alphadog808; 12-04-2012, 03:45 AM.
          Originally posted by ex-250
          If its not up by Sunday, the penalty is death. Did you not read the fine print?

Comment

Cinderella-Gypsy Road

I'll try a solo for the next one.
            Last edited by formula73; 12-05-2012, 01:17 PM. Reason: er...name.

Comment

Originally posted by alphadog808 View Post
              Nice Santa!! Sorry I'm not as creative/original...Here's my crack at "C"...Collective Soul's, "Shine"...

F'ing dig it!

Comment

HAH! Loved the facial expressions, formula.

Rockin'.

I still gotta record my thingy. I think I've made up my mind on what I'm doing. Ya'll are gonna be shocked.

Comment

Oh I get it... all seven guys can play but just choose to treat this game like it is a joke.

As a spectator, I'd like you guys to take it more serious and learn something that challenges you.

Drop my jaw fells... it doesn't take that much, just an honest effort to play something that isn't beneath your abilities.

The Living Dead can shred all over the place like it's nothing... can we see some of that?
                  Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

We're not supposed to be wowing each other; we're supposed to be expanding our musical horizons. I'm already back into Crowbar. I didn't like them back in the early 90s on HHB but I dig that newer stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
                      We're not supposed to be wowing each other; we're supposed to be expanding our musical horizons. I'm already back into Crowbar. I didn't like them back in the early 90s on HHB but I dig that newer stuff.
                      Dude, you apparently could have played that riff while simultaneously eating a sandwich and driving a car.

Speaking of sandwiches (it's dinner time) that was a very meaty and percussive right hand technique you displayed... very manly and strong.

I likey.
                      Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Yeah, I mean I get tired of playing the same ol' crap. I wanna use this opportunity to get outside my comfort zone and learn some off-the-wall stuff. I can tell it's working because I'm sounding like crap! lol very humbling some of these styles.

Comment

I'm learning an extra hard piece right now. It's something I had put on the sidelines because I've been consumed by work and real life. Should be up by Friday.

This game brings me back to the days when I was starting out and practicing 8 hours a day in my dorm room. I missed the feeling that I was improving. So for me, more than anything, it's brought me back into the zone. I'm also hearing a few bands that I never would have known about so I have to thank everyone here.
                          AccountKiller

Comment

Well ****...I'll push harder. Thanks for the compliment on my right hand. I don't think these paws are really capable of any kind of finesse.

Comment

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
                              Oh I get it... all seven guys can play but just choose to treat this game like it is a joke.

As a spectator, I'd like you guys to take it more serious and learn something that challenges you.

Drop my jaw fells... it doesn't take that much, just an honest effort to play something that isn't beneath your abilities.

The Living Dead can shred all over the place like it's nothing... can we see some of that?
                              I'm not treating this thread as a joke. I'm just having fun with it. That's what music is supposed to be about, at least for me it is. That's one of the reasons I started playing. I don't play the guitar to try and drop people's jaws. I never have and I never will.

You want us to make an honest effort to play something that isn't beneath our abilities. Well, I've got news for you, I'm making an honest effort just trying to figure out a band/artist and song by whatever letter is told to us....lol

Another thing you've got to realize is that I don't know that many songs by other people. I played bass in band until I was 29. We played our own music. I never even owned an electric guitar or electric guitar amp up until I was 31. When I got that guitar and amp I went straight into recording my own music.

I've never really sat and tried to learn that many cover tunes. Sure, I can play quite a few, but they're probably all wrong because I've learned them all from playing what I hear in my head, or I've heard them on a commercial or whatever. I did however play a couple of gigs with some friends about 11 years ago and I sat down and actually learned about 30 songs or so.
                              Last edited by JOLLY; 12-05-2012, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
                                Cinderella-Gypsy Road
                                I almost played Nobody's Fool.

Comment

Working...
                                X