Forming (New song)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forming (New song)

I'll be going out to CO this winter break to hang and jam with some friends/old jam mates. We decided we want to work on a song and get one recorded while I'm out there...Here's something I've been working on

Last edited by cream123; 12-11-2012, 05:41 PM.
    Originally posted by kilphody
    There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Re: Forming (New song)

Ah this is that Little Dragon type song.

Dig it!

Comment

Another great tune. Your use of percussion is always so damn fresh... baby piano was brilliant for the intro. The sort of bossa nova style shaker or hi hat/brush stuff is rhythmic genius.

The rest of it is a breath of fresh air and a cool cool breeze. The Rhodes stuff and the thematic changes towards the end are just amazing.

Some of the coolest stuff I've heard in a while... and I'm a DJ, I listen to a LOT of music.

LOVE it.
      Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

I dig it! You especially had me with the last two minutes -- I bet this will sound amazing once your friend does vocals!
        Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
        Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
        Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
        Marshall 1960a
        Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
          Another great tune. Your use of percussion is always so damn fresh... baby piano was brilliant for the intro. The sort of bossa nova style shaker or hi hat/brush stuff is rhythmic genius.

The rest of it is a breath of fresh air and a cool cool breeze. The Rhodes stuff and the thematic changes towards the end are just amazing.

Some of the coolest stuff I've heard in a while... and I'm a DJ, I listen to a LOT of music.

LOVE it.
          Took kind! I'm reworking some drums for the ending and etc....It still needs some cleanup and what not

Originally posted by AmirH View Post
          I dig it! You especially had me with the last two minutes -- I bet this will sound amazing once your friend does vocals!
          Thanks! I'm trying to get the first minute to match the last two as far as attention getting.

We jammed a lot last year before I moved and he's a creative powerhouse! I had a very hard time keeping up with him!

here's his older stuff (its been a few years)

http://www.purevolume.com/TheQuota

He's got a very singer songwriter type styling and that's what we jammed on mostly last year. Its an interesting challenge to compose around his vocal style, which is very free and orchestral...He plays music from a feel sense whereas I'm a bit more mathematical about it. Lots of revising yet to do!

Comment

Also, there is another version with (preemptive) vocals. Jake and I will be collaborating on the vocals and the lyrics so I'm sure it will change a lot...at least I hope it will.

Last edited by cream123; 12-11-2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

a different friend challenged me to redo the guitars so i decided to get a little funky (as funky as I can get) and take a shot at a guitar riff (oh no). Is that what its called?

Marctron
              Last edited by cream123; 12-12-2012, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X