$200 Craigslist score.....No-Brainer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $200 Craigslist score.....No-Brainer!

I placed an ad so long ago I had forgotten about it stating I'd like to purchase a Silvertone 1482. Some fella pinged me over the weekend and we met today. I think I did pretty good for 2 bills! I have missed having one of these since I sold mine to Joe Walsh a while back! I played it tonight and it sounds great!

I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Re: $200 Craigslist score.....No-Brainer!

Cool score. I remember the good old days when the regular going price for those amps was in the $75 range...those days are well behind us!

However they are bringing more than 2 bills most days so you got a deal for sure!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
      Cool score. I remember the good old days when the regular going price for those amps was in the $75 range...those days are well behind us!

However they are bringing more than 2 bills most days so you got a deal for sure!
      I know, right! It is sorta silly to be bragging about a cool score at this price, but hey, these days it is a deal. I do have to wonder what the deal with the diamond-cut baffles as opposed to these round-cut ones. I suppose nothing but the obvious. This one sounds just like the others I have heard.

Comment

Those old Silvertones are unbelievable. Great score!
        Originally posted by DreX
        Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
        The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
        There's no substance to anything I have posted.
        Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
        I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

Hell yeah that's awesome

Comment

Joe Walsh called, he wants a stereo rig.

Comment

Speaking of Joe Walsh....I ran into him at Guitar Center on Saturday, and only exchanged a few words, but wish I'd had the opportunity to really talk. I would have mentioned your amp, but forgot what it was you'd sold him.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                Speaking of Joe Walsh....I ran into him at Guitar Center on Saturday, and only exchanged a few words, but wish I'd had the opportunity to really talk. I would have mentioned your amp, but forgot what it was you'd sold him.
                Ah bummer! That would have been cool. Just remember it was a Silvertone 1482 rehoused in a custom pine cab with a Weber Alnico Blue speaker.

Comment

That's cool.

Jeesus, that ****ty old stuff has gone up so much just over the past 10 to 12 years. I don't believe what crap like Silvertones, Kays, Danelectros, Harmonys, Stellas, and various Japanese-made **** sell for now. At least you can still find it for reasonable prices sometimes.
                  Originally posted by LesStrat
                  Yogi Berra was correct.
                  Originally posted by JOLLY
                  I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I love the control knobs.
                    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Love those amps and wish I had kept mine...
                      ]
                      FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                        That's cool.

Jeesus, that ****ty old stuff has gone up so much just over the past 10 to 12 years. I don't believe what crap like Silvertones, Kays, Danelectros, Harmonys, Stellas, and various Japanese-made **** sell for now. At least you can still find it for reasonable prices sometimes.

The Silveretone looks like a 60's/70's record player with out the turntable.
                        sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                        - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Working...
                        X