Horrible static/fuzz when recording on Pro Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible static/fuzz when recording on Pro Tools

Whenever I record with my microphone there's this really horrible static thing that happens...only when I record though. I use an NT1A condenser mic into an Mbox. I've tried changing the XLR cable multiple times and still the static remains. Same thing with my midi keyboard and direct input lines. It's not even a slight background static either. It's more like a static scream from hell. I would think that it's just the mic that's causing this problem, but when I use the mic on Imovie, I never get this problem. I used an external hard drive for a long time. It happened then, as well. What do you guys think the issue is here?

Thanks!

Re: Horrible static/fuzz when recording on Pro Tools

Originally posted by Shotgunshack View Post
    Whenever I record with my microphone there's this really horrible static thing that happens...only when I record though. I use an NT1A condenser mic into an Mbox. I've tried changing the XLR cable multiple times and still the static remains. Same thing with my midi keyboard and direct input lines. It's not even a slight background static either. It's more like a static scream from hell. I would think that it's just the mic that's causing this problem, but when I use the mic on Imovie, I never get this problem. I used an external hard drive for a long time. It happened then, as well. What do you guys think the issue is here?

Thanks!
    Check all your signal input and output routing/assignments. Make sure nothing is looping through from output to input. Check your mic input volume and that it isn't on maximum.
    Does it do it on low volume input or does it happen only when there is a loud input ?
    sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
    - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Re: Horrible static/fuzz when recording on Pro Tools

I would bet that it's an impedance issue of some sort if it's not the previously mentioned feedback loop.
      Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Working...
      X